Hello everyone, how are you? A query

A place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the community
shrink_1234
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Hello everyone, how are you? A query

Post by shrink_1234 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:21 am

Hello everyone in this amazing community, I've been here for a while now, I love all the shrunken women content but I need some advice
I have had in mind many stories related to shrunken women both mothers, aunts, friends etc, but I don't know how to start like this to start publishing stories or mini stories
What advice would you give me to start writing his stories

CKent45
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Hello everyone, how are you? A query

Post by CKent45 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:41 am

There's literally no barrier to entry to trying your hand at writing. Start with a simple idea, then write it down. Such as, "a neighbor's single mother catches a shrinking virus."

Then ask yourself questions about that idea. How much will the virus shrink her? How long will it shrink her? Will she recover? Is it just a common bug in this universe, or is it an epidemic? How does she deal with her illness? Who is available to help her? And on and on. Each of these questions will create a new building block for your story.

Make sure to do your best to think in scenes. Something like, "Mary was generally feeling fine, despite the dizziness and aching in her sinuses. She insisted it was probably just allergies despite the fact that she normally didn't have problems with allergies this time of year. Honestly, she was quite adamant about it with her coworker, James, who had showed some concern for her, but she shrugged his concerns off, feeling confident in her immune system. It wasn't until she was sitting at her desk with an irresistible and infuriating itch in her nose that she finally gave in and let loose a powerful sneeze that she was forced to conclude that it wasn't allergies that were the problem. She didn't even notice at first as in an instant, her head sank two inches lower in her seat. Mary only got a rude awakening to her condition when she rubbed her irritated nose and heard the klink of her bracelet hit the linoleum floor to her left."

So, that scene should flow naturally from another scene and also flow naturally into the next that you feel is the most important for your story. Keep the dialogue as realistic to conversations you would have in real life and try not to delve too much into her inner thoughts unless it's absolutely necessary. Using that kind of narrator voice opens you up to all kinds of problems, which is a discussion and a half in and of itself.

Other than that, try to keep it at a size you know you can manage. Then get used to reading and rereading it over and over again with the mindset of you being the reader and not the writer. Once you like what you see, post it and then rinse and repeat. You will get better at it the more you do it, and the harder the criticism is you receive from others, the more it will help you improve, even though it's really hard to hear it.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by CKent45 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my SW story Please..: https://ckent45.deviantart.com/

shrink_1234
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Hello everyone, how are you? A query

Post by shrink_1234 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:20 am

CKent45 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:41 am
There's literally no barrier to entry to trying your hand at writing. Start with a simple idea, then write it down. Such as, "a neighbor's single mother catches a shrinking virus."

Then ask yourself questions about that idea. How much will the virus shrink her? How long will it shrink her? Will she recover? Is it just a common bug in this universe, or is it an epidemic? How does she deal with her illness? Who is available to help her? And on and on. Each of these questions will create a new building block for your story.

Make sure to do your best to think in scenes. Something like, "Mary was generally feeling fine, despite the dizziness and aching in her sinuses. She insisted it was probably just allergies despite the fact that she normally didn't have problems with allergies this time of year. Honestly, she was quite adamant about it with her coworker, James, who had showed some concern for her, but she shrugged his concerns off, feeling confident in her immune system. It wasn't until she was sitting at her desk with an irresistible and infuriating itch in her nose that she finally gave in and let loose a powerful sneeze that she was forced to conclude that it wasn't allergies that were the problem. She didn't even notice at first as in an instant, her head sank two inches lower in her seat. Mary only got a rude awakening to her condition when she rubbed her irritated nose and her the klink of her bracelet hit the linoleum floor to her left."

So, that scene should flow naturally from another scene and also flow naturally into the next that you feel is the most important for your story. Keep the dialogue as realistic to conversations you would have in real life and try not to delve too much into her inner thoughts unless it's absolutely necessary. Using that kind of narrator voice opens you up to all kinds of problems, which is a discussion and a half in and of itself.

Other than that, try to keep it at a size you know you can manage. Then get used to reading and rereading it over and over again with the mindset of you being the reader and not the writer. Once you like what you see, post it and then rinse and repeat. You will get better at it the more you do it, and the harder the criticism is you receive from others, the more it will help you improve, even though it's really hard to hear it.

Hope that helps.
what excellent advice I will take into account when I start writing to publish them, thanks

Kaylacago
Visitor
Visitor

-

Post by Kaylacago » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:34 pm

Hello Welcome to the boards Im so glad that there is more people joining this site, you are going to be a valuable member, i can see that You will enjoy it here, we are a friendly community, Thanks for joining...