Just call me "Doc".

A place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the community
DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Just call me "Doc".

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:31 pm

You can call me "Doc", a moniker given to me by my Marines a lifetime ago and somehow has never faded away. I've been a silent follower of this forum and the previous The Minimizer forum for a long time. The seeds of SW were planted in me as a child, probably from watching Land of the Giants and King Kong '33, then firmly rooted by King Kong '76. I'm an admirer of the Masters of the Craft on this forum, IBH and Pacific1982, in particular. The quality of their work makes me wonder if they have invented something for real and are quietly keeping it to themselves. I just recently, and accidently, discovered this craft for a totally different art form, then migrated it over to SW. I don't yet use PS, but a rather more "primitive" system, which sometimes gives me good results, sometimes only fair and a lot goes straight to the recycle bin. I'm learning more and more as I experiment and hope to one day produce the quality of art as the two Masters mentioned earlier. At Sally's suggestion, I will be starting my own "thread" called "Doc's World" to reduce the clutter on the Art section of the forum, but I'll be keeping my other story line going as is, as far as it goes. I recently retired from over four decades of military, emergency medical services and law enforcement, including 20 years of police special ops. I have seen things that cannot be unseen and have developed a very black sense of humor from my experiences. Your imagination was my reality and I have walked through your worst nightmares. So come venture into the deepest recesses of my mind, if you choose. But bring a flashlight. It can get very dark in there.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Just call me "Doc".

Post by Little Sally » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:12 pm

That's a fascinating pen picture you paint of yourself Doc, and though it's a bit late to welcome you.. A warm welcome just the same! ;)

Quote: "Your imagination was my reality and I have walked through your worst nightmares. So come venture into the deepest recesses of my mind, if you choose. But bring a flashlight. It can get very dark in there."

The darker the better! (I'll get some new batteries for my flashlight)
sally g, reincarnated.

bobvan2
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Just call me "Doc".

Post by bobvan2 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Welcome Doc nice chatting with you :D