Just a general question.

A place to talk about stuff that is not specifically fitting into one of the other categories
Enigma12
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Just a general question.

Post by Enigma12 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Has anyone ever wondered why are there more giantess fans than shrunken woman fans? The difference is just astounding in content available for them. So does anyone even know why?

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Just a general question.

Post by i am insane » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:46 pm

At least in part, it's probably that the giantess fetish is a more 'acceptable' one. By first glance, giantesses can just be about 'bigger boobs' or something, maybe looking up a woman's skirt, which if explained like that would seem 'normal' for a fetish, so you don't think much of it (I remember, from when I was first figuring the fetish out, finding a beer commercial with some guys having shrunk. A girlfriend walks into the room, bends over in front of them, and they all cheer at the look at her now larger rack.) Shrinking women, on the other hand... ignoring how there are *less* boobs now, the dynamic of it fall pretty clearly in depowering women, which isn't really something people like to admit in public. In many ways, I think of SW being something like bondage, honestly.

Also, at this point, the sheer saturation of giantess in normal media is probably helping recruit/open people's eyes to the concept; hell, I remember someone commenting that a GTS character in a game opened their eyes to the fetish (and then the community promptly drove them away, lol), while SWs continue to be less common in that kind of thing.
Power is choice.

Enigma12
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Just a general question.

Post by Enigma12 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:21 am

That might do it, I mean I can see it the way you put it. Honestly I have been keeping it on the down low for years. I can get why of the giantess fans could be into it, but thinking about it is sick to my stomach. Don’t really have any problems with it or those with that fetish as too each their own, but not exactly my cup of tea.