Trying to make a United Front of the SW community.

A place to talk about stuff that is not specifically fitting into one of the other categories
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Trying to make a United Front of the SW community.

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:44 pm

So I have been more into the community as of lately since I kinda lurked here and there but yeah, I noticed there has been kinda a splintering as of late in the community, not because of a feud but common people have set up communities all over the place. (Here, Daddy's Dollhouse, dA and Discord) but with the dA content insanity and Twitter about to implode, I feel it's a chance to at least build bridges here and there just in case, especially since I think we lost a lot of people in between the SW Realm and this board so I think as of now, I feel we need to have a more cohesive community or basically a remade SW Archive where it is just either you are here, Discord, Dollhouse or Bluesky which I have set up and hope other SizeTwitter folks prep to set up as Twitter is likely imploding.

Do you guys think this is a good idea, I know some Discords are from Patreons or their alts so I say just keep those out so you can only get on those if you support the artists page.

But do you folks think this would be a good idea? I'm not saying we migrate somewhere else but if it hits the fan, it would be nice to know you have a cushion from the collapse of a notable place.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Trying to make a United Front of the SW community.

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 am

I think it is most of the same people in those places. I post my art here, and on DeviantArt, and on Process Discord. I'm actually not familiar with Daddy's dollhouse.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:22 am

I've recently become a member of the Discord "Shrunken Woman Collage Network" via an invite. Which I thought worth a try because it appears to suit my own particular interest, but we'll see of course. The issue I have with places like this board, is the lack of exclusivity which allows any random person to view proceedings and post on it, without even having to register as a member! I've never been comfortable with that.

So I can well understand why folks prefer to find other little niches to ply their fantasy trade on.

I don't think we need to worry about forming a "cohesive community", because the shrunken woman interest has been anything but cohesive over the years (it's always been far more diverse in nature than GTS ever could be, with a plethora of preferences and individual tastes). So rather than have everyone scrambling to reach a lifeboat (like this place) when Mins and SW Realm went under, I think it better to have membership of other alternatives in place.
eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:44 pm
So I have been more into the community as of lately since I kinda lurked here and there but yeah, I noticed there has been kinda a splintering as of late in the community..
Well as I've suggested above, I don't think that's a bad thing or anything to worry about.
sally g, reincarnated.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:43 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 am
I'm actually not familiar with Daddy's dollhouse.
https://forum.daddysdollhouse.org/
sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:06 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:22 am
I've recently become a member of the Discord "Shrunken Woman Collage Network" via an invite. Which I thought worth a try because it appears to suit my own particular interest, but we'll see of course. The issue I have with places like this board, is the lack of exclusivity which allows any random person to view proceedings and post on it, without even having to register as a member! I've never been comfortable with that.

So I can well understand why folks prefer to find other little niches to ply their fantasy trade on.

I don't think we need to worry about forming a "cohesive community", because the shrunken woman interest has been anything but cohesive over the years (it's always been far more diverse in nature than GTS ever could be, with a plethora of preferences and individual tastes). So rather than have everyone scrambling to reach a lifeboat (like this place) when Mins and SW Realm went under, I think it better to have membership of other alternatives in place.
eddiegiantman wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:44 pm
So I have been more into the community as of lately since I kinda lurked here and there but yeah, I noticed there has been kinda a splintering as of late in the community..
Well as I've suggested above, I don't think that's a bad thing or anything to worry about.
Yeah I wanted to keep things tight for us since we lost some notable names in the past few years, I do know SailorDolly and Sally1/4 are on d/A for now.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:31 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:06 pm
Yeah I wanted to keep things tight for us since we lost some notable names in the past few years, I do know SailorDolly and Sally1/4 are on d/A for now.
Yes, we've lost so many interesting characters since SW Realm bit the dust, but I'm not entirely sure why. Though my gut feeling is, if they wanted to continue with the fantasy they'd have easily found this place by now, so where are they?
I don't recall the same thing happening after we lost Mins.

One can only assume they've either moved on with their interests, or they've chosen not to be here and prefer to be somewhere else. So having other places to go is good as far as I'm concerned.

And as for the complaints we are getting about Deviant Art, I've never had any major issues with the place, but I can only speak from my own experience.
sally g, reincarnated.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:48 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:31 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:06 pm
Yes, we've lost so many interesting characters since SW Realm bit the dust, but I'm not entirely sure why. Though my gut feeling is, if they wanted to continue with the fantasy they'd have easily found this place by now, so where are they?
I don't recall the same thing happening after we lost Mins.

One can only assume they've either moved on with their interests, or they've chosen not to be here and prefer to be somewhere else. So having other places to go is good as far as I'm concerned.

And as for the complaints we are getting about Deviant Art, I've never had any major issues with the place, but I can only speak from my own experience.
It's just the content bots are finally going to work and shutting down accounts or removing stuff.

The second paragraph is the standout. I really miss little_one and trying to remember the couple who met on Mins site.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:59 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:48 pm
I really miss little_one and trying to remember the couple who met on Mins site.
Yes Little One was a lovely person wasn't she, and a good friend of Missiletowe. I think the couple you mean was Dorian (Dorianblack) and.. her name will come to me I'm sure. But I can see her avatar now. A girl holding a small oriental parasol. They were both nice people.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:17 pm

You're never gonna be able to please everyone. Just look at some of the discussions we've had here. Although it's not acceptable in the real world, "separate but equal" fits in nicely here. So, if someone has a problem it, they can go somewhere else. If someone has a problem with a particular member's work, just scroll on by. There are a few members that post stuff I'm not into or don't care for, but their rights don't end where mine begin, ya know?

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:04 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:17 pm
You're never gonna be able to please everyone. Just look at some of the discussions we've had here. Although it's not acceptable in the real world, "separate but equal" fits in nicely here. So, if someone has a problem it, they can go somewhere else. If someone has a problem with a particular member's work, just scroll on by. There are a few members that post stuff I'm not into or don't care for, but their rights don't end where mine begin, ya know?
That is true, it's just there might the someone here who doesn't know the other place exists and also caters to their needs.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:14 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:04 pm
DocRick wrote:
That is true, it's just there might the someone here who doesn't know the other place exists and also caters to their needs.
True. I found this site by accident after the last one shut down, but I found it by simply searching "shrunken women". I'm very computer illiterate so if I could find it, anyone who even tries should be able to find it too.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:30 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:14 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:04 pm
DocRick wrote:
True. I found this site by accident after the last one shut down, but I found it by simply searching "shrunken women". I'm very computer illiterate so if I could find it, anyone who even tries should be able to find it too.
Yeah and I'm trying to make sure we get a landing strip in case phpBB also fucks with this place. I enjoy your work so I would to keep seeing if things explode here.

We lost a lot of good people in the shuffle from SW Forum to here.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:30 pm

Yeah and I'm trying to make sure we get a landing strip in case phpBB also fucks with this place. I enjoy your work so I would to keep seeing if things explode here.

Why would phpBB fuck with the forum? I'm not too familiar with how these things work. Like who pays for this? Facebook and other forums have advertisements to pay the bills, but I don't see anything like that here.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:03 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:30 pm

Why would phpBB fuck with the forum? I'm not too familiar with how these things work. Like who pays for this? Facebook and other forums have advertisements to pay the bills, but I don't see anything like that here.
Trying to remember, I think the forum just went kaput and no one knew why. The mods tried to talk to the phpBB but almost everything there that wasn't archived just vanished.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 pm

DocRick wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 pm
As far as I'm aware Elana (who started this site) funds it herself. So credit where credit is due. She'll maybe confirm that if she reads this.

Regarding SW Realm, it was as I remember all good until it was taken over by another hosting service, who were very restrictive in their practices and made the site unviable. Wish I could remember who that hosting service was, but it's eluding me at the mo'.
sally g, reincarnated.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:22 pm

I don't think that there is a benefit to making any one place "the place". But encouraging everyone to know where multiple sites are, and use the same names on each one, sounds like a good idea.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:43 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:22 pm
I don't think that there is a benefit to making any one place "the place". But encouraging everyone to know where multiple sites are, and use the same names on each one, sounds like a good idea.
You put you :gp_finger right on it. I've browsed a few other sites, but didn't find much of what I like. So, I'm just staying here.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:03 am

Little Sally wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 pm
As far as I'm aware Elana (who started this site) funds it herself....
Yup, the site is self hosted to minimize the chances of anyone shutting things down because of a personal or corporate agenda.

For the overall topic of the discussion
Having a central hub for SW would be nice, but for the actual content having lots of places are great, as we have seen repeatedly in the past the one go to place can vanish over night.
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:31 pm

Yeah if it is possible we can make it work but we would need a catalogue of names to be on board just in case.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:18 am

Armies!