Time to leave

A place to talk about stuff that is not specifically fitting into one of the other categories
The last Who

Time to leave

Post by The last Who » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:15 am

Everything has its time, and mine has now come. Not biologically, it just doesn't make sense anymore. There are and were better artists (which I never was and never claimed to be one) . With the dawn of the age of AI, soon everyone will be able to create better stuff than I ever could. Remember, always WRITE EVERYTHING BIG, and always remember to write "INDULGE" on it.
Why now? We live in really nasty times, I wanted to know it again and realized, I can and never could.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: Time to leave

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:23 pm

Huh?

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm

The last Who wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:15 am
Everything has its time, and mine has now come. Not biologically, it just doesn't make sense anymore. There are and were better artists (which I never was and never claimed to be one) . With the dawn of the age of AI, soon everyone will be able to create better stuff than I ever could. Remember, always WRITE EVERYTHING BIG, and always remember to write "INDULGE" on it.
Why now? We live in really nasty times, I wanted to know it again and realized, I can and never could.
You're sounding to be in dark place at the moment, but you've been there before so take a break from creating and let it pass. It always has done, and you've come back fighting and been better than ever.
The last Who wrote:
With the dawn of the age of AI, soon everyone will be able to create better stuff than I ever could.
No they won't Who, because you actually "create" art in the true sense of the word, and those who depend on a computer program to do it for them, will never be worthy to lace your shoes. AI is like a new novelty toy that will lose its mass appeal over time, or become so commonplace and easy to manipulate it'll become boring and meaningless. And the so called art derived by using such programs, doesn't actually warrant any respect at all. Think about it, eh. ;)
sally g, reincarnated.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:29 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm
And the so called art derived by using such programs, doesn't actually warrant any respect at all. Think about it, eh. ;)
Now I'M leaving!
(No I'm not.)

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:40 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:29 pm
Little Sally wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm
And the so called art derived by using such programs, doesn't actually warrant any respect at all. Think about it, eh. ;)
Now I'M leaving!
(No I'm not.)
That wasn't intended for you Sai as you well know. You do actually create your own original work when you've a mind to, and don't have to rely on AI. But my message to Who isn't intended to create a debate about AI (there's more than enough going on about that subject on here), but more to encourage him to see his own worth in this strange little pastime we take part in.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:49 pm

The last Who wrote:
Never compare your work to others. Yours may be different than another person's, but is it better or worse? As long as you're not trying to duplicate a Van Gogh, your painting is beautiful because it is YOURS. I don't like most the AI and CGI. It's good for fantasy work, but if you're trying for realism, it just looks like fake trying to look real. Just my opinion, but who cares? I won't criticize someone's else's work, just because I don't care for the media. If you're just having fun with it and not trying to make a buck, what difference does it make? Just have fun.

marr
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by marr » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:30 pm

Uh, those last couple of sentences were worrying. Please check your monoxide sensors.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:14 pm

The last Who wrote:
Everything has its time, and mine has now come. Not biologically, it just doesn't make sense anymore.
The more I think about what you wrote, albeit somewhat cryptically, the more I'm inclined to empathise with your view on things.

Though I think I'll just be inclined to let the lunatics take over the asylum, and then slip away quietly into the night.. ;)
sally g, reincarnated.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:22 am

Well he's gone, so it is time to leave the time to leave thread.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Should we make a thread about leaving the leave thread :P
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles