Let’s make Shrunken Women Great Again

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Let’s make Shrunken Women Great Again

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:03 am

In general, the disconnect with most SW communities and sex is somewhat shocking to me! This is a fetish community, right? I genuinely think there is a fear among many of the men here who are terrified of being called a misogynist. A wife beater. An abuser. And of course there are some prudish women out there who feed into that shame. I find it very discouraging.
Well, this here may be the root of the problem. I can't speak for the other men here, but this is the very reason I've never confided my fantasy with anybody (other than in the presence of true believers at Sizecon...thanks for that, BTW). I don't want people I know, upon hearing that I am turned on by the idea of tiny women, to draw the very logical (but wrong) conclusion that I think all women should be marginalized, reduced, or made subservient in real life. I don't believe that at all. Anyone who's taken the time to read any of my stories can see they're usually very pro-woman--my female characters are put in some of the worst situations imaginable, and nearly always fight back, refuse to submit, struggle, escape their captors, have an adventure, and ultimately triumph in the end. I could make a case that stories of mine like the Broken Glass trilogy and Little Miss Witness are actually all about female empowerment, believe it or not. But if I try to explain my interests to anyone, the first thing they'll likely think is "He's so terrified of women he wants them all reduced in size so he can prove his superiority!" (Immediately followed by, "Damn, how small is his prick if he needs his women to be three inches high?")

I'm sure I can't be the only man who's ever worried about this sort of thing, and I suspect this likely contributes to the lack of openness on the forum and the web. I doubt they have similar issues on the GTS forums. Paradoxically, over there men probably don't feel at all troubled by admitting they enjoy being dominated by giantesses; but here, we male SW lovers don't want to be perceived as wanting to be too powerful, or to make women weak. Such is life in today's society, I guess.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:39 am

Regrettably, a Trump reference is going to kill dialog about anything, regardless of how otherwise noble the idea. It's a pity. I agree with you that you need your heroine to face a real challenge for her victory at the end of a story to be empowering.

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:07 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:03 am
I'm sure I can't be the only man who's ever worried about this sort of thing, and I suspect this likely contributes to the lack of openness on the forum and the web. I doubt they have similar issues on the GTS forums. Paradoxically, over there men probably don't feel at all troubled by admitting they enjoy being dominated by giantesses; but here, we male SW lovers don't want to be perceived as wanting to be too powerful, or to make women weak. Such is life in today's society, I guess.
You certainly aren't alone in your feeling, and you might actually be surprised to hear that many of us have hang-ups over our fetish too! This is a topic we covered several times at our meetups, so I've heard from lots of people in the community about this very thing! It would be pretty common to hear the tiny men having concerns of being inadequate or not manly enough. Heck, I struggled a lot through my youth with being a submissive too! I was raised to be very independent, studious, ambitious - and as you can see, whether it be SizeCon or on the Shrunken Women Board, this tiny gal has A LOT to say. :lol: It's no surprise I used to be mortifyingly embarrassed of the thought of someone knowing I wanted to be shrunk, humiliated, toyed with (sexually, mentally, etc), heck, even get eaten or snuffed out! And the humiliation stuff was hard too - getting peed/shitted/burped/farted on, treated like an animal or less than human. It was un-lady like, straight up embarrassing and went totally against all my values! And no, it didn't make me feel any better because I was the victim. At the end of the day I'd be still be coming down from my orgasm and be thinking..."fuck, I just fantasized about rape (or torture, or snuff, etc)". All I could think was "What the hell is wrong with me?"

I obviously don't feel that way now, but I learned to get over that feeling through BDSM groups and our meetups, accepting that my fantasy is just that: fantasy. That with a consenting adult, we can explore and engage in acts that some might consider taboo. And that there is nothing about having a fetish that should embarrass you or disqualify you from being sexually or romantically gratified. Sex is embarrassing and awkward for everyone, even the vanilla folk, and the more a fantasy veers from mainstream, the easier it is to self loath, second doubt, embrace shame, because we don't have examples of what a "normal, happy, healthy" macrophile or microphile is. We need to change that by being more accepting, starting conversations on sex and relationships, making spaces for more types of people. We need to empower people!

Ever since I began to understand my fetish, understand what makes me tick as a submissive, I find it incredibly empowering. Which I know, sounds ironic! But hear me out :lol: See, I used to also very much fear the judgement of others. There's a story I tell of why I started the first size meetups in NYC, and that's because my husband whispered some very SFW sizey sweet nothings to me on a date, and I lost it. Like, blushing, crying, ran away, the whole deal. He had to chase after me, and calm me down...and then I realized how ridiculous I was being.

Here was this person who I love and at the time only knew bits and pieces of my size kink, but despite that was, with out prompting, voluntarily verbally toying with me in a sizey way. He had asked me what he said wrong. And I thought to myself if I was I insane. Why would I run from his advances?? Do I really think the people standing 10+ feet away from us heard, or even gave a crap to pay attention? I was denying myself any enjoyment because I was too scared of my fantasy leaving the confines of my computer.

The weight of that shame is a burden I am soooo very relieved to have gotten off my chest. I want everyone to feel some level of sexual acceptance, and I'm very, very lucky that I get that from my husband. I could tell him some random horny comment like "I enjoy guy smells" and he'd probably immediately pin me down and force me to smell his pits just to prove me wrong :lol: I honestly couldn't ask for a more engaging, playful and accepting Giant. :mrgreen: But unfortuantely, many of us aren't in relationships or have partners that we can talk open and freely with. I know many of you wont even talk to a therapist about your kink - and that's OK! We all need to start somewhere. It just sucks that of all places, our own community lacks that acceptance for us to explore those fantasies among our own 'kind' - the people who we would think would be the most understanding of our sexual journey and its challenges.

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:43 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
but here, we male SW lovers don't want to be perceived as wanting to be too powerful, or to make women weak.
Min, I keep thinking about this, and it hurts my tiny soul :(

One of the things I find the sexiest about size kink, is being at the mercy of a Giant and NOT knowing what they're capable of. Will he be kind? Will he be mean? Can I trust him fully? etc. When I'm only a few inches tall, my mind is my only defense. All I can do is try to tug at your conscious and manipulate you into helping me (get home, get back to normal size, etc)

But when societal norms are broken, when a line is crossed and I'm no longer seen as human but as something to possess for sexual gratification, this is when I've lost my last defense. Knowing that there's men who try and avoid crossing that line makes me so sad :oops: This sort of content is what makes me feel giddy and electric inside and pushes all my helpless subby buttons!

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm

This thread is an excellent example of why we need these spaces. I really hope more women contribute their thoughts and experiences.

Thank you, Jit, for all that you have done and continue to do to provoke and encourage these discussions. Who knew a tiny woman could be so loud?
Dr.Minimizer wrote:
I don't want people I know, upon hearing that I am turned on by the idea of tiny women, to draw the very logical (but wrong) conclusion that I think all women should be marginalized, reduced, or made subservient in real life. I don't believe that at all.
Right there with you, Min. I remain deeply grateful to all the female size fantasists who have helped me feel less monstrous about these desires.
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm

In general, the disconnect with most SW communities and sex is somewhat shocking to me! This is a fetish community, right? I genuinely think there is a fear among many of the men here who are terrified of being called a misogynist. A wife beater. An abuser. And of course there are some prudish women out there who feed into that shame. I find it very discouraging. :cry:
God, from the male end, you have no idea how much that resonates with me. Like. I'm never going to explain this to anyone in my life, ever, for all sorts of reasons, but explaining this, and why I like this, boils down to 'I love systematically removing a woman's ability to interact with the world, have any real rights or freedoms beyond what I give her, and/or resist me in any real way shape or form... but I totally want to be nice about it!' and somehow I don't think that would go over well (Well, my friends would be fine and understanding, I think but hell, my family..... yeesh).

I'm going to be honest, if someone had told me about this and I had no idea/interest in it? It would sound creep as fuck. Honestly, I still think it's pretty creepy on my end. Like... I want to. I really want to. But I also feel bad for it, so.... yeah.

And, I know that, even on the woman end, that is the point, half the time, and they (you, I guess, since I'm replying to one) want it, and I've been paying attention to all these things that basically say that, but it doesn't really fix that inbuilt 'don't be a rapist asshole shithead' kneejerk instinct.
Power is choice.

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm

I may be good or I may be bad, but one thing you can be certain, I will weekly feed this community with the most creative stuff I can, SW is always great and once born in a person it never dies or linger, it is just a matter of people feeling freedom to post and comment as they really like... I feel this community is very much on the positive side and allow us all to ENDULGE ON SW...
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:10 pm

And I'll do what I can to get as much commissions on DA and such, and video scene finds as I can while I get my own SW content out one day,...once I get a stronger computer and learn the basics on programs like Honey Select first. Collabs, still planning to make time for that, and I am still helping out Jesse Jr with the advertising on his projects as of now. Either way, I'll do the best I can.

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 pm

This will be a bit rambling sorry, had a drink while making supper. So I'm a little babbly.
I would like to help make this a strong community. Supportive and communicative. I am strangely uncomfortable commenting. Wanting to encourage creativity, but worried I'll miss message and insult the artist. Would just saying good job be enough? Should I suggestive an idea connected to what they presented. But I think comments would go a long way to building this community. I know I get strangely giddy when I receive one. Which is why I wish I was more comfortable expressing them for others.

It's not just that. I'm enjoying sharing my limited creative projects. But am I part of the problem? Even The Tourist, written from the point of view of a SW, is clearly a male orientated fantasy. It's just how my stories go. I want women and men to feel just as comfortable visiting this site. I would gladly tag my stories, if my brain could catch on how. I've read the steps, my brain just can't travel them for some reason. But oddly, I would love to see almost like a list of, best as I can think to word it right now, Top things wanted to see in stories.

I'm more then willing to mix my content with the other written content now that I have been posting. But I'm OK staying in my lane too. I'll go with whatever encourage others to share their art as well. Every time I see a, "I wish I was talented" post I just want to cheer that person on. Because most times I seen that they are making a very creative suggestion or idea. Showing a creative person reluctant to share, but they so should. And I think here is very forgiving group as long as there is effort. I mean, you let me post.

As for ideas to build here (Just off the top of my head):

Start with what you have.
Why not make a shared world? The setting, rules, governments, and story affect limits. A place people can write a few characters and their adventures. A few of us could be pseud world editors to keep the tales from ending the imaginary planet. This would be more for writers (New and Old) to test their creative juices without needing to create more then the stories focus. Like sampleable plate of local dishes if you catch my meaning. This could be a place the RPers could use as well.

Contests.
People like to win things. I'm not thinking anything major. First thing that comes to mind (if possible) is simple notes on people's profile. Like Winner Feb 21. A theme is picked for the month. Under that month's contest theme title stories and art is added. Votes for the winner are counted from the comments on each. For example, February 2021 could be Vorebruary 2021. Each contest entry would be listed as Vorebruary 2021:Title of the work. If the note thing doesn't work maybe they could pick a future month's theme.

I know we are all in different time zones, but maybe a meet up. Discord or other acceptable location. SWB chat, where we could discuss not just SW ideas. But get to know each other beyond just this posts. A way for us to learn if that person is as sarcastic as we read their posts as or are they actually a caretaker and we have been mistaking what they were saying.

I've been part of several small groups that built to large ones. And what built them was taking care of what we had. Others seen that and wanted in as well. I'm not the most organized fellow. Quite social awkward. But I would like to help where I can.

Hope my points are clear in this jumble of self important ramblings.

HH1

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:04 am

kira123 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:10 pm
And I'll do what I can to get as much commissions on DA and such, and video scene finds as I can while I get my own SW content out one day,...once I get a stronger computer and learn the basics on programs like Honey Select first. Collabs, still planning to make time for that, and I am still helping out Jesse Jr with the advertising on his projects as of now. Either way, I'll do the best I can.
Im using Daz and Poser with a 400§ new laptop and it works, renders take some time but is not clumsy, only 4 RAM... Windows 10 SSD work fine even on cheaper machines...

If you like honey select I think you will love Virt A Mate - To get it all running you just need to support the guy in Patreon once with round 8§ and you get the key for the latest verson, able to create and save stuff, take a look at Virt A Mate videos on youtube

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:11 am

HentaiHunter1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 pm
This will be a bit rambling sorry, had a drink while making supper. So I'm a little babbly.

HH1
I´m experienced in Zoom classes and I could lead a meeting, although there are people here much more aware of who is who and better suited to run a meet...

This space is all about freedom so I believe you should not worry too much about what and how you do stuff... Everyone seams to find their spot here, sooner or later...

I need to get my Patreon going first but after that, and in Portugal Im afraid confinement will last until April, I will find time to contribute more i -n here

All the best mate

I loved the Tourists story, only went chapter 2 and I like it that the clothes also shrunk, although that family and kid they are too fast undressing minis, lol

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:42 am

On the shared world front... I know a lot of people have written stories around the Slyph setting that Caster came up with. In both of the older forums I was in, there was a sort of shared RP around something like that happening, and a lot of people changing, but they kind of fizzled out after awhile, the second one much faster than the first one.

I feel like we are lacking the numbers in the first place for a large project like that.
Power is choice.

DiminutionMan
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by DiminutionMan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:49 am

HentaiHunter1 wrote:
I would like to help make this a strong community. Supportive and communicative. I am strangely uncomfortable commenting. Wanting to encourage creativity, but worried I'll miss message and insult the artist. Would just saying good job be enough? Should I suggestive an idea connected to what they presented. But I think comments would go a long way to building this community. I know I get strangely giddy when I receive one. Which is why I wish I was more comfortable expressing them for others.
This resonates with me. I'm brand new here, and up till now I've only posted to share some stuff that I'd written. But encouraging comments make a world of difference, in my opinion. And I think that more specific is better, although a "good job" is 100% better than nothing. Since I've registered, I've seen a few other new posters who get no comments on the first several posts where they share content, and I wonder how they find the motivation to keep sharing (although I'm glad when they do!). For me, if I post something new and don't see any responses, I wonder if there was something about it that people didn't like.

I'm glad to see this topic, since I've found myself wishing that this board was more active. I suppose that means that I need to take my own advice and start actively participating, instead of lurking like I do on every other forum that I visit.
HentaiHunter1 wrote:
Contests.
I also like the idea of contests, if only to have some sort of recurring structured activity here. I've seen people in this thread focused on helping newcomers feel welcome (and rightly so!), but I also think that there's a lot of value in encouraging more participation from existing members, too. I think that being a visibly active community goes a long way in helping newcomers feel like it's worth staying.
Dr.Minimizer wrote:
I don't want people I know, upon hearing that I am turned on by the idea of tiny women, to draw the very logical (but wrong) conclusion that I think all women should be marginalized, reduced, or made subservient in real life. I don't believe that at all.
jitensha wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:07 am
At the end of the day I'd be still be coming down from my orgasm and be thinking..."fuck, I just fantasized about rape (or torture, or snuff, etc)". All I could think was "What the hell is wrong with me?"
Posts like this are painful to read. And I'm sure that for every person who posts about hang-ups like this, there are dozens more who feel the same way. Thank you so much for being this open and sharing -- hopefully it will help some others who have had similar feelings.

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:16 am

I think organizing events and such is a great way to encourage people to come back - but more so, I think we need to prioritize making an easy to navigate website with a radical leveled field of acceptance for all size kinksters. Hand-Holder, I'd argue that this community is NOT one that encourages me to indulge in my SW fantasy. I'm going on my 16th year now in this community, and to this day I still get judgmental comments about my artwork. I really think it is unacceptable, and we should expect more of our community. :| Events are great and all, but if the party is lame, no one is going to attend.

HentaiHunter points out here how he doesn't know how to use the tag system - which I can't hold it against him. To make a website accessible, we need to think about the user. We need to make it easy to understand for forum veterans and newbies alike. Not everyone is familiar with forums, tagging, etc. Now if someone who's used this forum many times is still struggling to use basic features, or maybe not noticing them because tagging is not mandatory, then what are we to expect from groups who may not have as much technical skill? Older users, and Women are key demo's who might not be as keen about navigating new tech. Women especially are more likely to be busy mom's in this community and might not be able to keep up or be discouraged by the disorganization, unproductive conversations and borderline kink-shaming. It's not very welcoming! Mom's also can't always just drop what they're doing to make an event. We need to make this site easy for casual users. Accessibility here is key!!
Olo wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm
This thread is an excellent example of why we need these spaces. I really hope more women contribute their thoughts and experiences.

Thank you, Jit, for all that you have done and continue to do to provoke and encourage these discussions. Who knew a tiny woman could be so loud?
Thank you :lol: :lol: :lol: I have my ways!
i am insane wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm
God, from the male end, you have no idea how much that resonates with me. Like. I'm never going to explain this to anyone in my life, ever, for all sorts of reasons .
i am insane wrote:
and somehow I don't think that would go over well (Well, my friends would be fine and understanding, I think but hell, my family..... yeesh).
Well, first off, sorry you feel that way! This is a pretty common feeling throughout the community, regardless of gender or size preference. And never say never, I can't tell you how many times I've heard that from my fellow size kinksters. :P

Your fantasies, especially when you 'boil it down' is one of the most common male fantasies out there. You are not an abuser, rapist, etc. You know why? Because you obviously have the mental wit and self control of a normal adult who knows what's wrong and what's right. So the first step is to remove the crown you've given yourself of being this 'bad guy', because you all know what a 'bad guy' is, and you're not actually doing 'bad guy' stuff. Lots of people have 'bad' thoughts, and guess what? You're never going to know them, because just like you, they don't want you to think poorly of them either. I think like many in this community, we project others thoughts and feelings about ourselves, to defend ourselves from being vulnerable and sharing something we think will be harshly judged.

I'm a personal believer on reading the room when it comes to telling people. When I 'came out of the cupboard' I only told my husband before we got married, and eventually extended my secret circle to my sister, closest cousin and best friend - mostly because I was attending BDSM events and meetups and wanted them to know where I was just in case. Only my husband knew the full extent of my kink, I didn't go into the greatest details with the others. But when it comes to my parents, I doubt I will ever tell them. Telling them I was pansexual was an intense rollercoaster, and I couldn't imagine letting them know more. It's just easier for our relationship. Honestly, the only person who should know is your partner(s)! That's the ONE relationship you shouldn't be thinking c'est la vie!
i am insane wrote:
explaining this, and why I like this, boils down to 'I love systematically removing a woman's ability to interact with the world, have any real rights or freedoms beyond what I give her, and/or resist me in any real way shape or form... but I totally want to be nice about it!'
i am insane wrote:
I'm going to be honest, if someone had told me about this and I had no idea/interest in it? It would sound creep as fuck. Honestly, I still think it's pretty creepy on my end. Like... I want to. I really want to. But I also feel bad for it, so.... yeah.

And, I know that, even on the woman end, that is the point, half the time, and they (you, I guess, since I'm replying to one) want it, and I've been paying attention to all these things that basically say that, but it doesn't really fix that inbuilt 'don't be a rapist asshole shithead' kneejerk instinct.
And that's why I try and teach people to use BDSM as a foundation for communication! Yes, I'm sure if you just straight up told a woman you barely know your 'boiled down' fantasy, she might be suspicious, or even fearful. Some people are just not knowledgeable about kink, but without some actual time to know you as a person, as a partner, they're not going to be able to tell if you really are a 'bad guy' or not. That doesn't mean that they can't enjoy kink, but presentation, patience and reading the room is monumentally important! Finding a kinky partner though can help minimize that anxiety you have!

My husband had mentioned that my comfortability with powerplay helped him explore his fantasies too. He didn't really have any hangups because we started having sex around 18 years old (we met young!), and I came out to him pretty early. I remember the first fantasy he was comfortable telling me was a fantasy he had that is similar to your 'boiled down' fantasies - one where he was President (impossible since he wasn't born here :P ) and he'd make a decree that all the women had to be naked, and he'd have a harem of lady assistants who had to be on all fours in the oval office, free for him to touch and use as he pleases :lol: I was thinking, "I can work with this" :roll: :mrgreen:

I asked him just now what advice he may have about overcoming these feelings, and he similarly echoed what I said: Finding a kink interested or kink-validating partner might not sound like the easiest endeavor, but you will quickly see how much those pangs of guilt disappear. If you're not happy in your relationship, don't stick around, move on. There are plenty of women out there who would not only accept you as you are, but celebrate these parts of you that you feel guilty about. Being in a relationship where you're closed about your sexuality might be safe, but it's unfair to you, and it's unfair to her.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Hand-Holder wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:04 am
kira123 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Im using Daz and Poser with a 400§ new laptop and it works, renders take some time but is not clumsy, only 4 RAM... Windows 10 SSD work fine even on cheaper machines...

If you like honey select I think you will love Virt A Mate - To get it all running you just need to support the guy in Patreon once with round 8§ and you get the key for the latest verson, able to create and save stuff, take a look at Virt A Mate videos on youtube
Or Koikatsu Party, which has everything and the controls are easier, from what I've been told. Also, I never use Patreon. I stand for SubscribeStar and Pixiv FANbox. But, I'll look into Virt A Mate and see what's up.

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Hand-Holder:

So did you stop reading the story after chapter 2? I can't say I stopped glossing over he stripping at that point, cause I still do. I'm just curious. The clothes removal wasn't a factor for what I was going for in this story(s). But I can understand why lack of that description my have turned people away.

i am insane:

A shared world doesn't have to be a large project. I was thinking it could be more like a seed. The crafts connected could be the tree. A frame work to focus a building around.

One concept that came to me this morning was a world where an AI took over the world. It has access to Shrinking and teleporting devices which it uses to police the world. Programed to serve man. But with a glitch that gives the program a sw fetish. That way the stories could run the gambit. Perhaps it decides a fellow should have a companion. Maybe a woman is attempting to break one of the AI's rules and it punishes her by making her a pet to some one. Maybe it enjoys a persons sw crafts/interests and for their birthday weekend it makes the person a mini in the care of their romantic partner. That way the stories could be gentle to murderous and still be in the same world. It would have to be flushed out more. This was just a quick idea that came through my mind.

jitensha:

I'm sad you get judgmental comments about your work. You should feel free to draw what you want to see as any writer here should feel free to write the stories they would like to read. Your art is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I will admit I don't always enjoy the imagery, but that is on me. I do always enjoy the skill it is presented in. Your expression of you interests in SW isn't wrong because I or others didn't enjoy it. If you enjoyed imagining it and putting it down on the medium of your choice that's what matters. I will support you in those pursuits.

I mean that for other creators as well. Create! Just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean I think it's wrong. This isn't a binary interest. This is a college of ideas and wonders where we all should be able to share and add too. For some of us this is the only location we have to express our frankly odd fetish. You want imagery of people caged into cupcakes and served as desert, bake on. You want a spoiled tiny given their hearts desires and taken care of. You spoil that inches tall being. We will not all agree on what we want to see connected with the SW interest. But jitensha is right, we should support each others right to express it here.

A more user friendly interface would be nice, but is it manageable under the interface we've been gifted access to? Could a simple tags box be added? I could if pushed learn how to tag on this interface, but a easier step process would be welcome.

I am so worried I look pompous with this post.

HH1

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:34 pm

HentaiHunter1 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:45 pm
Hand-Holder:

So did you stop reading the story after chapter 2? I can't say I stopped glossing over he stripping at that point, cause I still do. I'm just curious. The clothes removal wasn't a factor for what I was going for in this story(s). But I can understand why lack of that description my have turned people away.

i am insane:

A shared world doesn't have to be a large project. I was thinking it could be more like a seed. The crafts connected could be the tree. A frame work to focus a building around.

One concept that came to me this morning was a world where an AI took over the world. It has access to Shrinking and teleporting devices which it uses to police the world. Programed to serve man. But with a glitch that gives the program a sw fetish. That way the stories could run the gambit. Perhaps it decides a fellow should have a companion. Maybe a woman is attempting to break one of the AI's rules and it punishes her by making her a pet to some one. Maybe it enjoys a persons sw crafts/interests and for their birthday weekend it makes the person a mini in the care of their romantic partner. That way the stories could be gentle to murderous and still be in the same world. It would have to be flushed out more. This was just a quick idea that came through my mind.

jitensha:

I'm sad you get judgmental comments about your work. You should feel free to draw what you want to see as any writer here should feel free to write the stories they would like to read. Your art is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I will admit I don't always enjoy the imagery, but that is on me. I do always enjoy the skill it is presented in. Your expression of you interests in SW isn't wrong because I or others didn't enjoy it. If you enjoyed imagining it and putting it down on the medium of your choice that's what matters. I will support you in those pursuits.

I mean that for other creators as well. Create! Just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean I think it's wrong. This isn't a binary interest. This is a college of ideas and wonders where we all should be able to share and add too. For some of us this is the only location we have to express our frankly odd fetish. You want imagery of people caged into cupcakes and served as desert, bake on. You want a spoiled tiny given their hearts desires and taken care of. You spoil that inches tall being. We will not all agree on what we want to see connected with the SW interest. But jitensha is right, we should support each others right to express it here.

A more user friendly interface would be nice, but is it manageable under the interface we've been gifted access to? Could a simple tags box be added? I could if pushed learn how to tag on this interface, but a easier step process would be welcome.

I am so worried I look pompous with this post.

HH1
Do not let one opinion rule your work, maybe that opinion is the exception and not the rule

You do what you like because only when you do that you will have pleasure and only with your pleasure we get stuff with soul

I stoped reading because I had too many changes in my life, nothing to do with your story, cheers

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:01 pm

Oh cool thanks. I wasn't planning on changing it. Just the way you worded the statement made me curious. :D

HH1

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:24 am

HentaiHunter and Hand-Holder, thank you for your kind words. I do try and not let comments like that effect me, but unfortunately, a lot of people can't take the negativity. For many of us, especially those with morally objectional fantasies, there is an EXTRA layer of shame and embarrassment, because not only is our fantasy for size difference "weird" but add on concepts like kidnapping, rape, humiliation, etc, and it doesn't matter the context - socially speaking, these acts are seen as reprehensible. If we are brave enough to share our stories, artwork, etc, we are already bracing for the negative, judgey comments.

Obviously, as you can read in this thread, for many here it is very difficult for them to accept these feelings as 'just fantasy', and many, including myself will take any sort of rejection VERY personally, and use that instead to self-loath. I mean for pete's sake, we've had literal threads of members here talking about their failed suicide attempts because they have no place to vent or find help in dealing with these feelings. We are ignoring a great part of our community and leaving them to wallow in their own self-hate. It's very, very disappointing...and personally, I think a little shameful.

When we post content, It's not lack of comments that are hurtful, its the comments that say "Eww", or "Why", ambiguous comments that have a dash of disdain. A community that segregates it content, when no other corner of the community does so. It feeds into that voice in us that says there is something wrong with us. If this is NOT your kink, this obviously wont be a serious problem for you, and it's easy for you to continue on without a care. But for those of us who do enjoy this sort of content, it is very deep, serious and URGENT for us. I really do think that's why this community is in such disrepair.

Jfc....I think I'm finally going to just build that damn SW community since I worked on a prototype before.... :evil:
I have too many ideas and not enough money or time, what am I doing lol :lol:

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:54 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
jitensha wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:07 am
At the end of the day I'd be still be coming down from my orgasm and be thinking..."fuck, I just fantasized about rape (or torture, or snuff, etc)". All I could think was "What the hell is wrong with me?"
It really does mean so much to hear this. I've been part of this community for the better part of 20 years (...wow :roll: :lol: ), but despite how many different ways I've mulled this whole fantasy over in my head I can't come up with a solid answer for why I like it, especially since my tastes have changed over the years. Honestly I do think, at least as far as I can tell on the surface, that this is a welcoming, open group - I've seen a broad spectrum on interests from the tame to the intense with different genders and orientations and no one has been denied or discouraged. I can't say for sure about all the content that's actually offered here or how easy it is to access it (I'm not into VSW so I'm unfamiliar with the nuances there), but in general we support everyone and treat each other well.

I think a core problem with us and other boards is simple but hard to solve: content. I think it's safe to say the reason why, say, Giantesscity can support many different creators and even storefronts is because the fetish itself seems to have broad enough appeal. I won't argue that a better interface here could hurt, but we still won't have as much to offer. And I never want to discourage others from contributing anything they can regardless of resources or experience, but when you think of this fetish you know the names that stand out: Minimizer, Caster, Toyogub, Inkgirls, Jitensha - people with professional skills who gave some amazing shrunken women works over the years (and that's just in art), but they can't sustain the majority of the output indefinitely. We need fresh talent, new and bold luminaries who can express this fantasy in interesting new ways, and a sustained interest in material that can bolster a market for new works from new and existing stores. I have no idea how we can accomplish any of that, especially if we expect quality - the awesome works from the people above often came from their generous will to contribute, but that takes time, sacrifice, and commitment I don't know a lot of potential artists would want to make.

And reactionary discussion from mainstream findings is, as always, slim pickings - Giantesscity members complain about droughts; far as I've seen for the past few decades, we're a desert that gets occasional drizzles. Nothing we can really do, obviously, but, outside of getting perspectives on classics from new faces, not much has come along in the last few years that's been as impactful as ISM/ISW, Land of the Giants, King Kong, Wonderland, and all the others we've covered. I'm hoping that changes with the bettering of technology and the mainstream's expanding tastes, but it seems tiny women is simply a hard sell in this day in age - for comparison, as of this writing promos have come out for Resident Evil 8 which features an evil, curvy vampire lady who's roughly 7-8ft tall and the buzz for her, whether real or ironic considering it's a horror series, has been surprisingly strong with lust not just as an attractive female but because she's a giant. Imagine if, when say Marvel finally revealed Stature or Ms. Marvel, everyone gushed about them when they activate their shrinking powers or She-Hulk getting shrunk for an episode? Someone once mentioned an anecdote about overhearing a young woman talking about the live-action Alice and letting it drop that she's was sexually excited by the idea of shrinking just like her and I simply can't imagine that kind of dialogue being plastered all over Twitter the way the RE8 giantess is right now - I'd love it, but I can't see it.

TL;DR: We're a great community and we can improve on being more inclusive and welcoming, but we're not "big" enough as a group or a concept to garner the resources necessary to be where we want to yet and it's a hurdle we need to overcome.

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 am

rscholar wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:54 am
Honestly I do think, at least as far as I can tell on the surface, that this is a welcoming, open group - I've seen a broad spectrum on interests from the tame to the intense with different genders and orientations and no one has been denied or discouraged. I can't say for sure about all the content that's actually offered here or how easy it is to access it (I'm not into VSW so I'm unfamiliar with the nuances there), but in general we support everyone and treat each other well.
You may have not encountered anyone being discouraged from posting certain types of content here, but I've definitely experienced it many, many times. Others here have also expressed similar experiences in this very thread. Again, even the idea that non-con stuff has to be in a segregated in an adults only website dedicated to fetishized power play...well it seems off to me. :|
I think a core problem with us and other boards is simple but hard to solve: content. I think it's safe to say the reason why, say, Giantesscity can support many different creators and even storefronts is because the fetish itself seems to have broad enough appeal.
I disagree with you there. I actually find a decent daily flow of M/f content that appeals to me on my Twitter feed. I follow lots of artist and talent there as well as the hashtag #SizeTwitter. Thankfully there are a lot more men, straight men, who talk directly to tiny female viewers there in POV videos, artwork, etc. Women openly roleplay with them on their Twitter pages. Many of them even make money on the side, or end up having their own tiny lady submissives. I think Giant men and tiny women are finding their space on other platforms...we're just fragmented. And we've been fragmented for 20+ plus ever since the need for the VSW appeared.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 pm

It's my fault. I'm filled with hangups. :cry:

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:39 pm

It's not one person's fault Sai, and don't worry...I think we all have a lot of hangups :? That's why I think we should have as much open dialogue as possible!

I don't mean to call anyone out, I just want to offer Josh (The OP) my opinion as to why I think the SW community has been dwindling. We have some issues in our community, and I think for a long time now we've been ignoring them, so we're seeing the consequence of that now. We've scattered to the corners of the internet to find what we need elsewhere.

Honestly, if it wasn't for having a few friends here, I probably wouldn't be posting at all.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 pm

jitensha wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 am

You may have not encountered anyone being discouraged from posting certain types of content here, but I've definitely experienced it many, many times. Others here have also expressed similar experiences in this very thread. Again, even the idea that non-con stuff has to be in a segregated in an adults only website dedicated to fetishized power play...well it seems off to me. :|
Fair, like I said I don't know all the nuances. I 100% agree on a more robust tagging system, especially for newcomers.
I disagree with you there. I actually find a decent daily flow of M/f content that appeals to me on my Twitter feed. I follow lots of artist and talent there as well as the hashtag #SizeTwitter. Thankfully there are a lot more men, straight men, who talk directly to tiny female viewers there in POV videos, artwork, etc. Women openly roleplay with them on their Twitter pages. Many of them even make money on the side, or end up having their own tiny lady submissives. I think Giant men and tiny women are finding their space on other platforms...we're just fragmented. And we've been fragmented for 20+ plus ever since the need for the VSW appeared.
Happily stand corrected, though it seems you might have to hunt a little for the SW artists while right now that RE8 giantess is trending there.

In general though, I want to give 2 examples about the fetish divide in storefronts that I see:

1) The Fan sites rollout schedule is based on subscriptions and demand - the more accounts, the more entries they can put out per month. ShrinkFan does 1 new comic per month, but GTSfan does 2.

2) Dreamtales does a mix of fetish stuff, but pure SW is somewhat rare and I've seen them try to split the difference by mixing growing and shrinking with middling results while more growth-focused stuff garners multiple entries, especially with the Yard Work series.

I'm curious, who do think is doing well in selling SW material? I'm personally not aware of too many others.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:42 am

On my part, I probably had something of an outlet a few years ago, back on the middle forum; I did some writing. Key word being 'some'. My stuff wasn't great, but it was kind of nice to do, you know? It's been long enough now that I don't know which was first, but then the forum closed down and I walked into some serious health issues, which has been a thing....

Between those, I got out of the habit, and I think, compared to then, that I feel worse about my fetish in general; and sure, I'm older now and everything, but I don't think that me just getting older made me more aware of how morally ambiguous this could seem. It's not like I didn't know that then, after all, I just didn't think it was actully bad. I think that, lacking the community of people that used to be there (because this forum has grown since I first found it, true, but there are a lot of old faces that just plain aren't here or don't post anymore, and every iteration of this forum has had less people, I've noticed) talking and interacting about it that helped me feel more OK about it, along with me writing out scenarios and posting them, sort of exorcising them from my head, and getting validation from people saying nice things about what I wrote.

I've got to say, though, it's nice to see new people picking up the slack; used to be no one would really post on here for what seemed to be a week at a time.
Power is choice.