Ideas Based on the Pandemic

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Ideas Based on the Pandemic

Post by rscholar » Wed May 13, 2020 2:59 pm

...and I don't mean "Shrinking Virus" stuff. I mean has anyone heard a news story about odd things happening because of this whole thing that somehow sounds like it could be an SW story if reworked a bit?

For example: Sales of adult Kiddie Pools are sky-rocketing.

https://news.yahoo.com/stare-fine-adult ... 56581.html

That fits a general trend of downsizing, but then there's also headlines like this:

"Olympic Swimmer Trains in Kiddie Pool"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... i-BB13KiDo

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Ideas Based on the Pandemic

Post by shrinky » Wed May 13, 2020 3:08 pm

I have a pandemic idea that i'm working on, but it only becomes a pandemic story in the final chapter. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to finish it so I can share it. Otherwise, it will remain in my head!

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Thu May 14, 2020 3:32 am

Not stuff based off news stories, but a couple ideas that I just had off the concept:

The rise in stir craziness and cabin fever leads to drastic rises in self shrinking, either to make more space, to experience 'new' surroundings without leaving safety, or simply having the opportunity by dint of free time.

A predatory shrinker uses the isolation to hunt his targets and capture them with impunity.

A life saving treatment, or the idea one, is to shrink sick people to prevent their bodies from falling apart.
Power is choice.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:49 am

Maybe you could make something of a vaccine to prevent a pandemic but the first test does more then just reduce the chances of getting the sickness. It is similar to the shrink virus, but it's more of a hiccup of medical practice then a epidemic of shrinking.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?: