How to Make an Appropriate "MILF" Story?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

How to Make an Appropriate "MILF" Story?

Post by rscholar » Thu May 14, 2020 1:44 am

I've been thinking lately about the notion of a MILF and how to feature her in a story or image and, for obvious reasons, the genre is tricky to work around. What would be considered the "essence" of a MILF while leaving out children? I know the usual solution is to make the child as old as possible, at minimum being 18, and there's nothing wrong with that. Really, how do you focus more on the mother herself and indicate her as one? Is it a certain age? The type of outfits? Obviously the major deal about it is she needs to be an authority figure so, when she's shrunk, the size disparity is greater.

It's not so much about a "workaround" as more of a, I guess, "crystallization" of the concept. Any thoughts?

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: How to Make an Appropriate "MILF" Story?

Post by Tina Tempest » Fri May 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Check out my collection, "Shrinking the MILF" on Amazon. Four stories, all with different workarounds. One is told through the eyes of an eighteen-year-old boy who is obsessed with older women. The mom of his best friend shrinks when he is alone with her. Another story has a mom interceding on behalf of her daughter so that she ends up shrunk. The daughter is of age but young. A middle-aged woman tries shrunken wife swapping. It is established she has kids, but they stay off the page. In the last story and Asian MILF is blackmailed into shrinking by her much younger, Asian MILF obsessed boss. Again, it is established she has kids but they stay off-page.
There is no real need to have younger kids in a MILF story as most guys don't really start to notice MILFS until they get to high school or college -- so eighteen. If they have younger kids, simply keep them off-page. Something along the lines of, "Jenny thought about her six-year-old son and ten-year-old daughter. Would she see them again?" commence shrinking adventure!

Sumguy13
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Sumguy13 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Disclaimer: I have yet to figure out this formula myself, so what I'm sharing are just some thoughts I've hand on the subject.

1. Your SW is a mother. It's a fact that can be mentioned or alluded to in an early snippet of dialogue or prose. Nothing says that their children need be involved in the story beyond that. Probably the most efficient route to go, as it won't wander into questionable territory without genuine effort on the part of the author. Tonally this gives you the most breathing room.

2. Exploring the family dynamics. One of the appeals of a SMILF is the (often) drastic change in the power dynamic she has with her kids. Can she maintain her authority? Do her kids still respect her, and regard her as they did? Does she become a curiosity, played with like a toy regardless of a willingness to participate? I think this is the slippery slope as thematically the story can easily stray into an awkward narrative. I have read stories that skirt the line and manage to stay on the right side of it, but it is a balancing act to be certain.

3. Taboo objectification. If shrunken mothers is something you've looked into you have no doubt encountered this. Mother shrinks (and in most stories) immediately becomes a fully sexual being in the eyes of their son, daughter, or captor. This statement might be controversial, but I do believe there is a place for this type of story (this is a pretty unique fetish that has overtones of dynamic power shifts after all.) In this case, I think you have to embrace what you are writing. There is no workaround or half measure if this is the type of story you want to craft. You will never tone things down to the point where your detractors will not take exception and your fans will likely remain quietly dissatisfied that your story has been neutered. There is one mandatory thing you have to do when writing Taboo Objectification and of course this has to do with character age. At the very least, when writing this type of narrative you have to remain ambiguous regarding character age. I'm not just saying ambiguity like you never mention the character's age, I'm saying you can't even contextually reference it. For example, the moment you mention school and do not provide further context to establish it as secondary education (college, trade school, etc.) the audience can infer you're crossing that line in the sand regarding that character's age. As Tina mentioned, firmly stating that your "younger" character is at or beyond the age of consent is going to be the more cautious route to go, regardless of their relation (or non-relation) to the SMILF the story is focusing on.

So I hope that my POV is helpful. As you might be able to tell, I have pondered writing a shrunken mother story on more than one occasion. If you ever want to further discuss ideas, plots, potential pitfalls, etc you can always PM me. I would welcome the correspondence.

Gargantuman
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Gargantuman » Wed May 20, 2020 2:34 am

Omigosh!! Tina Tempest herself. I have loved everything of yours I’ve read so far. I’m looking forward to reading more!!!