Screenshots from Smash Bros. Brawl

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
ssb-swscreenshots
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Screenshots from Smash Bros. Brawl

Post by ssb-swscreenshots » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:05 pm

I've been trying to come up with a way to get screenshots from Smash Bros. Brawl in the quality seen in the shots from Wii U and Ultimate, but it's not as simple as taking out the SD card and putting it in a computer. For Wii U and Ultimate, that's all it takes to get them off my system and on here, but for Brawl, they're encrypted as BIN files, and you'd need special software to get them converted to JPEG files. I've tried installing that software, but I couldn't figure it out without paying for something else, or screwing up my computer, so I gave up and resorted to offhand capturing the Brawl SW shots on my phone. As I was editing them as best I can to cut all corners, I had a thought: the capture card I use for YouTube videos can take screenshots. Can I actually capture the Brawl SW screenshots in the same quality as the ones from Wii U and Ultimate?

I put that theory to the test today, and I'm happy to say that it actually worked! They capture as PNG files, but with a little help from MS Paint, I can easily convert them to JPEGs with no loss in quality. With this knowledge, I'm officially able to post screenshots from Smash Bros. Brawl on here. Because Brawl came out for the Wii, there's no way for me to get them in HD without hacks or modding, something I don't wanna do on my personal Wii U. If I'm able to get a separate one for homebrew, I'll consider it.

As for getting screenshots from Project M, I was able to find a stackable Mushrooms file for version 3.5, so in theory, I could get some interesting screenshots. Unfortunately, my Wii U stopped reading the SD card I put that file in, and even booting up Project M 3.6 is troublesome lately. The mod requires going to the Stage Builder in the game quickly, as the game will crash with the file used to load the mod within minutes of bootup, and I barely haven't been fast enough to start it up.

Until I can get another SD card that Brawl supports, which must be less than four gigabytes by the way, I can at least begin posting Brawl screenshots on this board now. I'm thinking of putting them all in one post, because I can only shrink down three ladies in Brawl. I've been looking for a way of being able to post screenshots from Brawl's Stage Builder, and it looks like I finally got my wish. Should be quite interesting, don't you think?