Re: Favourite Handheld

Post by chesya » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:00 am
....and some more for you, Chesya!

page08.jpg

page07.jpg
Thank you.

There is absolutely nothing like the combination of handholding and appropriate chastisement! I also like Suzy being held by her calves.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm

chesya wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm
Sexier even than I remember. Gives me a strange, but pleasant feeling! Thanks.

I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on your work in 2006. You should do a greatest hits thread - for so long your comics were a mainstay of the genre. A couple that come to mind are where you trapped a girl in the clip handle of a pen and one where a group of four rivalrous girls play into the hands of a collector by, in one case, clumsily shrinking herself, and the rest by each other. It was the first all-fours handheld I had seen when the clutzy girl was flick-spanked by two, as yet full-sized, 'friends'.
Thanks for the kind words...I assume you've seen my Deviant Art page (https://www.deviantart.com/the-minimizer) where there are some new comics and collages, right? If not, go have a look.

I chose not to repost some of my older stuff there but here are the scenes you're referring to...ugh the art is so bad it hurts looking at it, but maybe someday I'll get around to redrawing it.
Attachments
do23.jpg
do23.jpg (157.72 KiB) Viewed 17954 times
v38.jpg
v38.jpg (125.56 KiB) Viewed 17954 times

chesya
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chesya » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks, Doc.

Remember that I'm a fellow artist - your ability to map out a space with consistent forms transcends your early development as a figure-drawer. It's relatively easy to acquire life drawing skills, creation of a compositional balanced 3D environment for them to inhabit is up a level. I'm actually quite reluctant to give praise to other artists, so please take this as a sincere compliment.

I'll be working on an all-fours hand spank now myself after seeing these again.

If anyone wonders where I am over the next few days, I shall be reliving very pleasant memories on the Minimizer's DA page!

I've met the clutzy girl a few times irl and have found it very attractive - at least for a while. It's potentially a good SW construct from both points of view.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am

Last edited by kira123 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:04 pm

It is impossible, as much as I wished, to pick a favourite, I guess my favourite would always be that next one yet to be discovered and get me excited...

But if I was really forced to choose, my favourite artist for hand held is definitely - https://www.deviantart.com/fierce-invalid
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi Guys! I hope it's OK if a Little Lady chimes in on this topic.

Most of you men are coming at this from the standpoint of holding a SW in your hand(s). I'd like to add something about the way it might feel to be held in a giant hand (which I would dearly love to know for certain, but then again, I have been thinking about it and fantasizing about it for lo these many years, so...

There are basically two size ranges for "hand-helds" and it DOES make a difference to the one being held exactly how much of the hand is surrounding my tiny body and where exactly the fingers are wrapped around which of my teeny girl parts when I am being held...

2-4 inches (mouse size, Thumbelina size) At this size, a normal male hand can completely encompass the SW's tiny body. Were he to close his hand, he could make her totally disappear! For the SW, the hand at this size is like an enormous expanse of flesh stretching in all directions. She is engulfed, surrounded, overwhelmed by those huge fingers, and they can easily become an inescapable prison. But a hand this huge can also be a safe haven for a tiny girl, especially from all the dangers of being on the floor at this size. Also, when I am only 3 inches high (and this is a very scary size to be, believe me!) and I sit in the middle of a hand this enormous, it feels to me to be a very stable platform for traveling. Also, when I am lying or sitting in the middle of this hand, I cannot see how far it is to the floor, which is always a good thing since I am deathly afraid of heights!

So although the hand’s enormous power can be very scary to a SW, it's also true that this giant bed of flesh can be a safe and comforting place for a frightened little lady.

The Minimizer had always been one of the biggest proponents of this size, preferring it so that a girl will “fit neatly in the hand”, and many of his wonderful stories and images have been of SW’s this size or even smaller. (including my avatar which he was kind enough to allow me to use) One of my favorites of Min’s older stories was “The Costume Party”, where the poor (or lucky) heroine of the story was reduced to 2 inches in height and added to the man’s collection. I still have some of the original drawings and I always used to imagine myself as the tiny lady…

(images by Minimizer)

(Of course, I have also found other favorites of this size in images by Cariwebo, Flagg3D and Shrinker23)

But even though a hand at this size can make a tiny girl feel safe and protected, there is certainly no question that a woman at this size in a giant hand is also absolutely helpless.

Kara :kiss:
(More to come)
Attachments
Minimizer--Costume Party#1a.jpg
Minimizer--Costume Party#1a.jpg (599.74 KiB) Viewed 17431 times
help_me_up_i_m_exhausted_by_cariwebo-dblfvwp.png
help_me_up_i_m_exhausted_by_cariwebo-dblfvwp.png (978.12 KiB) Viewed 17431 times
holding_her_03_by_flagg3d-d93w51c.jpg
holding_her_03_by_flagg3d-d93w51c.jpg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 17431 times
sw_62___little_jasmin_by_shrinker23-d8gook1.jpg
sw_62___little_jasmin_by_shrinker23-d8gook1.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 17431 times
tied_up_by_flagg3d-dal9ctp.jpg
tied_up_by_flagg3d-dal9ctp.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 17431 times

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 pm

I wanted to mention one other aspect of being 2--4" small and being in an enormous hand...

It also makes a difference whether you are naked or are permitted to wear clothes while in the giant hand. When naked, you feel more sensitive, and you can feel the warmth and roughness and contours of the Hand much more easily. You simply can't help it.

When clothed, it's not the same at all. Then you can hold onto a least some of your dignity. (Not only that, I LIKE wearing different fashions, even at doll size)

Of course, sometimes you are allowed to wear clothes at first, only to have to take them off (and sometimes dance) in the Hand if the Giant wishes you to do so.

And sometimes you are allowed to wear a costume as part of a little role-play fun your Master has come up with for tonight.

All part of the SW game.

(Images by cariwebo, rubberapex, shrinker23)

(More later on larger hand-helds)
Attachments
c012_by_cariwebo-d4p9ja7.jpg
c012_by_cariwebo-d4p9ja7.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 17427 times
Little Blue Girl in Hand--Rubber Apex.jpg
Little Blue Girl in Hand--Rubber Apex.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 17427 times
Itty Bitty Belka4.jpg
Itty Bitty Belka4.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 17427 times
sw47___little_lucy_by_shrinker23-d4p290t.jpg
sw47___little_lucy_by_shrinker23-d4p290t.jpg (125.92 KiB) Viewed 17427 times
Tiny Maid.jpg
Tiny Maid.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 17427 times

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:41 am

Favorite Handheld--Continued...

5--12 inches (Doll size) We could even designate 5—8 inches as a “small doll” and 9-12 inches as a “large doll”. 11.5 inches, is, as we all know, “Barbie size”.

Now of course, the giant hand is not quite so overwhelming. A SW this size could lie across the hand, but she would stretch from one end to the other, or even, if the size of a “large doll”, find part of her body falling off the end or sides!

Because the girl is now bigger, the hand begins to wrap around and touch parts of the shrunken body that were not as accessible when the girl was smaller. Now the giant’s thumb can rest comfortably (at least for the giant) around my grape-sized breasts, covering both tiny nipples with a single digit. Likewise, those still-huge fingers now wrap around my back, the lower fingers covering and caressing my protruding tush.

Alternatively, if the little lady were grabbed by the giant hand a little lower, so that the thumb rests on the middle of my chest, just below my boobs, the whole enormous hand is now lowered enough on my doll-sized body so that the fingers that wrap around my back now can reach (depending on how small I am) all the way around and touch my tiny love flower. This means that if I happen to become even slightly aroused by my helpless predicament, the giant would immediately know it, which is NOT a good state of affairs at all. A toy-sized girl has little enough privacy and dignity as it is!

It would even be possible, with a SW who measures 6-8 inches, for the lower fingers to wrap tightly around the lower part of the little lady's body, leaving the thumb and first finger to squeeze or play with her little breasts.

To put it simply, what has happened now is that when a SW is somewhere between 5-8 inches high (“small doll” size), the giant who holds her in his hand is able to hold and touch all her lovely lady parts in one hand! This is just…not right! It’s embarrassing, even humiliating, and can make a shrunken lady feel downright…helpless, even…submissive.

(Images: Docop, Lastcall41,LordXarnor, CaddyisReady, FierceInvalid)
Attachments
her_first_shrinking_by_docop-d8zn497.jpg
her_first_shrinking_by_docop-d8zn497.jpg (120.8 KiB) Viewed 17387 times
6_inch_blond_in_grasp_by_9swlover-d937hzt.jpg
6_inch_blond_in_grasp_by_9swlover-d937hzt.jpg (132.48 KiB) Viewed 17387 times
commisson___in_good_hands_by_lordxarnor-db0zvqm.jpg
commisson___in_good_hands_by_lordxarnor-db0zvqm.jpg (184.43 KiB) Viewed 17387 times
Little Redhead--Caddy is Ready.png
Little Redhead--Caddy is Ready.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 17387 times
Squeeze Play--Fierce Invalid.jpg
Squeeze Play--Fierce Invalid.jpg (562.4 KiB) Viewed 17387 times

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:07 am

Small Doll Size--Continued

In addition, because the shrunken woman is larger, she can now also sit comfortably in the palm of a giant’s hand, with her little legs dangling over the side of the hand. As long as there is a thumb or finger to hold onto, this does not present any difficulties being the doll in the hand, assuming the giant has had some experience holding little women and is able to keep the platform (his hand) steady. The better he is at this, the more confidence the little one will have when asked to sit in his hand. If the giant is inexperienced in this skill, he might want to practice on mice or hamsters before holding a real little lady.

As well as sitting, the little lady could also kneel in the giant hand, although this action is a bit riskier than just sitting nicely in the hand.

(images: Lastcall41, davren57, Fierceinvalid, Shrinker23, Cariwebo)
Attachments
candy_by_9swlover-d936cpg (1).jpg
candy_by_9swlover-d936cpg (1).jpg (213.21 KiB) Viewed 17385 times
Kara and Ashley--davren57.png
Kara and Ashley--davren57.png (2.75 MiB) Viewed 17385 times
i_can_hold_a_big_breasted_girl_with_one_hand__by_fierce_invalid-d9jj7yo.jpg
i_can_hold_a_big_breasted_girl_with_one_hand__by_fierce_invalid-d9jj7yo.jpg (600.42 KiB) Viewed 17385 times
sw51___romantic_bath_by_shrinker23-d5r2gez.jpg
sw51___romantic_bath_by_shrinker23-d5r2gez.jpg (101.62 KiB) Viewed 17385 times
you_look_tired__by_cariwebo-dahc72c.jpg
you_look_tired__by_cariwebo-dahc72c.jpg (112.69 KiB) Viewed 17385 times

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 am

Small Doll Size--Continued

The other action the SW can now do is stand up in the hand. She could do this when smaller, of course, but now this act becomes much riskier and scarier because it is now easier for the little doll to fall and be injured. At her now-larger size, it is no longer so easy to grab onto a giant digit, and the now-smaller platform feels much more unsteady than it did when I was smaller. I have to say for myself that because of my fear of heights, I have a difficult time standing up at my usual height of 7 inches, and dancing is even more of a risk, so I usually don’t attempt those actions unless I am ordered to by my present Master.

Of course, if the tiny girl really has a problem with heights, like me, she could always climb up and sit on top of the hand's knuckle. Now if the giant will lift his middle finger straight up, the frightened doll can grab hold of the finger not only with her teeny hands but with her little legs, and hold on for dear life. This is one of the most secure positions a SW can find in a giant hand. Plus, it has other...advantages as well to take her mind off of how high up she truly is!

(images: Lastcall41, Shrinker23, Cariwebo, Mikester65)
Attachments
5_inch_beauty_in_hand_by_9swlover-d9qhm5x.jpg
5_inch_beauty_in_hand_by_9swlover-d9qhm5x.jpg (146.84 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
Little Blonde in Yellow Dress--Shrinker23.jpg
Little Blonde in Yellow Dress--Shrinker23.jpg (56.62 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
out_of_the_shower_and_into_my_hands_by_cariwebo-da7v7q1.jpg
out_of_the_shower_and_into_my_hands_by_cariwebo-da7v7q1.jpg (125.16 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
seriously____by_cariwebo-daiz9e5.png
seriously____by_cariwebo-daiz9e5.png (1 MiB) Viewed 17384 times
tiny_plaything_6_by_mikester65-d5nm8xy.jpg
tiny_plaything_6_by_mikester65-d5nm8xy.jpg (150.42 KiB) Viewed 17384 times

Cariwebo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Cariwebo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Kara,
Thanks for including my images in your delightful discussion!! :) :) :)

But some questions re being on -- or held in -- a giant hand: I would think an sw would find the hand not a completely stable platform since even slight motion by the giant is magnified from the perception of the sw. Unless the giant has the steadiness of a surgeon, wouldn't the sw feel like she is in a small boat on a lake as the hand shifts and bobs up and down?

And I assume the sw would be able to feel the giant's pulse as well as giant tendons moving around under his skin -- skin which I guess would feel like warm leather cushions but with a corduroy surface where fingerprints and palmprints exist. :)

And when a giant carries an sw while walking I believe that could be a startling experience for her until she gets accustomed to it. A giant, who from his perspective is walking at 2 to 3 MPH, is giving the sw a much speedier experience. If she is 1/12th scale, from her perspective she is experiencing motion at 12 times that rate: 24 to 36 MPH; a 1/24th scale sw is experiencing 24 times the speed of the giant: 48 to 72MPH! So an sw, especially if she is new to this size, risks motion sickness being moved around by a giant. Even lifting her up off a table or a floor would be like an out of control elevator unless the giant deliberately slows down their movements for her (not just out of kindness for her but also to avoid having her get sick and throw up on his hand). ;)

Cari

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:09 am

Dear Cari,

Thank you for the art you create and the fantasies of all of us in this community you have helped feed through the years! You are certainly one of the premier "Hand-Held" artists to our "little" group of shrinkers and shrinkees who congregate here and DA.

Sigh...you had to go and spoil things by bringing real science into this discussion...you are SUCH a guy! Can't you let a girl have her fantasies...? Oh well...

You are undoubtedly correct in your assertions from a scientific viewpoint. Being a tiny girl held in a giant hand would probably be much more unstable and much more frightening than I imagine and describe it, and the smaller I am, the more unstable and frightening it would be. I'm sure also that the smaller I am, the more I would be able to feel the roughness of his skin and even his pulse

I don't pretend to understand all of the math you bring into the discussion...I got low marks in math even back in HS. But I do think you are probably right. I think Taedis got this right in his story "Purse Pet", when he describes a tiny girl (I think she was 2 inches tall) seeing a giant move as a hundred-foot-tall tower moving at incredible speed...unlike the slow way it was depicted on say, "Land of the Giants" on TV. I suspect that both giant and tiny would be able to get used to relating to each other in this way eventually, but I agree it would take some time.

But Dear Cari...since we can't really experience any of these sensations just yet (note my hopes staying up), I am still going to be a stubborn female and cling tenaciously to my fantasies of how being reduced to the size of a doll and being picked up and held in a giant hand could be comforting, soothing, warming, a place for tiny woman to feel safe and cared for (when held by the right giant) once she (and he) get used to the difference in scale.

And...it can also be a wonderful place for erotic play for giant and tiny...the place where the SW lies helpless as her clothes are stripped off, her small assets laid bare...where she lies, writhing and wriggling in ecstasy as the giant, with but one or two fingers and very little effort, brings the doll girl to the heights of sexual build-up and release...

If we don't believe these would be SOMETHING different and hopefully something better in our lives if we could be a tiny person to a normal-sized person or be a giant to a tiny person, then why are we all expending so much time, energy and love into this little fetish/fantasy..? ;)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents (and those pennies are HUGE!)

Tiny hugs,

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:41 am

Sorry I'm late, but I just caught up on this thread. Thanks for the kind words earlier, Kara, and glad you like the avatar pic. Just for you, here are a couple of my favorite collages that I've made...some you may have seen and others not so much. When you get an image with just the right angle, or expression on the girl's face, or both...it makes all the difference.
Attachments
c335.jpg
c335.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 17143 times
c531.jpg
c531.jpg (212.03 KiB) Viewed 17143 times
c039.jpg
c039.jpg (249.88 KiB) Viewed 17143 times
c405.jpg
c405.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 17143 times
c453.jpg
c453.jpg (815.76 KiB) Viewed 17143 times

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:48 am

shrinky wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:56 pm
I may be a little biased but...
Ah, the picture that "started it all" for me. Late 1990's, searching the Internet for "Shrinking Women", & this pic was in the first link I clicked on! Ah, amazing memories!

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:53 am

Once again I find myself engaged in shameless self-promotion, but these are a few of my other favourites Of course, most of them only look as great as they do because of Pacific's amazing touch-up work!!!
fixit0103c.jpg
fixit0103c.jpg (6 MiB) Viewed 17050 times
34.jpg
34.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 17050 times
44.jpg
44.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 17050 times

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:59 am

Oh, & here are a couple more. One by me & one by Pacific1982.....one of the many genius creators who populate this site :).
Shrunken_Lara_2019.jpg
Shrunken_Lara_2019.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 17049 times
Grabbing_Lara.jpg
Grabbing_Lara.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 17049 times

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:38 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:41 am
Sorry I'm late, but I just caught up on this thread. Thanks for the kind words earlier, Kara, and glad you like the avatar pic. Just for you, here are a couple of my favorite collages that I've made...some you may have seen and others not so much. When you get an image with just the right angle, or expression on the girl's face, or both...it makes all the difference.
Dear Min,

Thank you again for allowing my use of your image for "The Shrunken Senator" as my avatar...I really do love it ...she fits so nicely in the giant hand! (as I imagine I would)

Thank you also for sharing some more of your wonderful work. It's quite amazing! Those tiny girls look SO realistic that I am now going to send you a private note to ask you where you are keeping your shrink ray/ shrinking serum. You make me believe it must actually exist...and I want you to use it on me...please!

These tiny women are SO cute at that size...no more than 2-3 inches high, fitting so nicely in the giant hand.

My giant friend "Hand-Held" will love these pictures, since he prefers his women to be shrunk along with their clothes...so he can take them off once the girl is doll-sized. He does it to me all the time.

I'm so happy we have been able to continue the discussion on this topic. It's one that seems to ignite a lot of interest among the residents here.

I wanted to share a few more images of Minimizer's wonderful artwork, another one from "The Costume Party" after her boyfriend scoops the shrunken bunny up in his huge hand...I really LOVE this one because it reminds me so much of the image Min lets me use for my avatar here...the tiny woman, only a few inches high, in the middle of the giant hand, with the oh-so-very-intimidating giant finger hovering over her...shivers!

The other is from Min's comic "Sasha's Reducing Program", another fave of mine from back in the day.

Those misguided little women...always wanting to be restored to normal size...what ARE they thinking...?

I also love Aussie Lurker's wonderful SW images (minus their clothes, sorry Hand-held) especially of my little friend Lara. She has always been one my of heroines.

I was also bemused by the Monopoly board that Lara is being placed on...is that the Aussie or UK version of the game? The names on the squares are different, with Anglo-centric names instead of the American places I'm familiar with. Just curious.

Attachments
Minimizer--Costume Party#2a0004.jpg
Minimizer--Costume Party#2a0004.jpg (638.8 KiB) Viewed 17034 times
Minimizer--Sashas Reducing Program-A0005.jpg
Minimizer--Sashas Reducing Program-A0005.jpg (415.82 KiB) Viewed 17034 times

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:40 am

You can never go wrong with some classic Minimizer art.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."
https://www.deviantart.com/somehatter54

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:39 am

You people are too kind, that art makes me cringe. I did learn a lot, though...

Kara: sorry the shrink ray is proprietary. No sharing allowed!

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:44 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:39 am

Dear Dr. Min,

You shouldn't feel that way! I thought they were wonderful! You provided so many of us who were looking for a place to feed our "little" fantasies not only a primer on SW (you were one of the first to do so) but a marvelous site that brought together all the different elements that we all search for and cherish today: collages, artwork, comics, stories, commercials, TV, films, links to other sites! Many, many hours of enjoyment, back when most of us thought we were the only ones who felt this way.

So many of us who still love the idea of shrinking and keeping (or being) shrunken women owe you so much for everything you have done to promote this fantasy/fetish of ours. As one little lady here, thank you! (blowing a tiny kiss)

(now can we PLEASE talk about sharing that proprietary shrinking tech...PLEASE...? you can shrink me to any size you wish...as long as I fit nicely into your hand)

Bloodthirstybutcher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bloodthirstybutcher » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Kara Dollgirl wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:44 am
Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:39 am

Dear Dr. Min,

You shouldn't feel that way! I thought they were wonderful! You provided so many of us who were looking for a place to feed our "little" fantasies not only a primer on SW (you were one of the first to do so) but a marvelous site that brought together all the different elements that we all search for and cherish today: collages, artwork, comics, stories, commercials, TV, films, links to other sites! Many, many hours of enjoyment, back when most of us thought we were the only ones who felt this way.

So many of us who still love the idea of shrinking and keeping (or being) shrunken women owe you so much for everything you have done to promote this fantasy/fetish of ours. As one little lady here, thank you! (blowing a tiny kiss)

(now can we PLEASE talk about sharing that proprietary shrinking tech...PLEASE...? you can shrink me to any size you wish...as long as I fit nicely into your hand)

I second Kara's comments, Min. Being different is always better, but can be lonely. Finding your site when I was in my formative years was a revelation. Thank you so much.

BTB
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy."

-Super Hans, Peep Show

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:54 am

You're so welcome. I had no outlet for any of this for a long time and being able to share it online did wonders.

Anyway, now enough touchy-feely stuff...back in the habitat with you!

Kara Dollgirl
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Kara Dollgirl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:46 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:54 am
You're so welcome. I had no outlet for any of this for a long time and being able to share it online did wonders.

Anyway, now enough touchy-feely stuff...back in the habitat with you!

(Cowering before you)
Yes, Master!
Attachments
Bowing to Master.jpg
Bowing to Master.jpg (46.49 KiB) Viewed 16850 times

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:00 am

My favourite handholds in a roughly chronological order:

Like just about everyone else, I started out with King Kong (G.O.U.S.: Gorillas Of Unusual Size):

A human handhold I remember was a very late night showing of The Amazing Colossal Man. (I call it The Amazing Colossal Mr. Clean) The effects were cheap, but at least you got a good look. The G/t actress was Cathy Downs, an actress/model who sadly died young from cancer. I missed out on the double feature Attack of the Puppet People with "Sally Reynolds":

"When I play 'The King and I', it's 'The King Kong and I'."

Then my mind was opened when Land of the Giants came to syndication -- little people, peril, hot 60s girls, etc. While handholds were plenty, most occurred off-screen or with doll puppets. The big hand prop was rarely used. Still, the situations and other factors like kicking doll legs and the standard "Let Me Go! Put Me Down!" cries made them memorable:

"The Crash": we all know this scene
"Collector's Item": that dancing/skater costume with the little white kicking legs
"The Secret City of Limbo": Valerie really got to express her handhold outrage
"The Marionettes": Two gorilla handholds; several human handholds; plus Betty in a puppet costume who also gets handheld

The Adventures of Gulliver, later on The Banana Splits
Flirtacia, the blonde Lilliputian. She wanted her giant man and she didn't care how giant he was. Always menaced by Gulliver's enemy Captain Leech (or Leach). Voiced by the late Disney Legend Ginny Tyler:

Dr. Shrinker, from The Krofft Supershow:
More little people, peril, etc. (and that theme song!). More handholds with dolls, but introduced another feisty Shrinkie named B.J. Masterson (played by Susan Lawrence). She was always ready with a sarcastic comment about everything. The fact that she always wore a short skirt outfit didn't hurt either:
”I chase the Shrinkies. I catch the Shrinkies. The Shrinkies escape. It’s a vicious cycle and it’s driving me mad!”

Speaking of Krofft, does anyone remember The Bugaloos? I've always wondered if the gang were supposed to be insect fairies or just humans wearing bug costumes. Like other boys in those days, seeing Joy (Caroline Ellis) gave me weird feelings in my tummy that I don't think were my stomach aching. She went on to some mature films and Playboy...

Superfriends ("Yuna the Terrible"):
Everyone recalls the episode involving the cat with the shrink ray, but the 2-inch scale was a bit small for me. My personal Superfriends size story was a silly tale called "Yuna the Terrible". Yuna the Terrible (not to be confused with Yuna from Final Fantasy X) and her barbarian horde threaten Earth. This particular segment had a couple of nice pick-ups and handholds courtesy of Apache Chief ("INUK CHUK!"... "INUK SHUK!"... "INEH CHOH!" ?). Yuna is grabbed in a capture attempt that fails; and Wonder Woman is saved from some ferocious felines:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross / Robotech:
Anime giant aliens attack Earth! Earth fights back with anime fighter planes that transform into giant humanoid shapes! Sort of a science-fiction combat version of Land of the Giants. Unfortunately, while there have been many other entries in the series, and the giant aliens occasionally show up, they're now in the background and no handholds or even menace has been in sight:

Myriad Colors Phantom World:
An anime in which humans live with extra-dimensional beings called "phantoms". One of the stars of the series is a small fairy or genie-like character named Ruru (her full name is Rururaruri Rurararirararururirirari Rirararururararururararirari). She's like the show's mascot, making fun of everyone and is really comfortable with her small status. She's a great example of a happy SW. She also has assss... assets...

And that's it! Since then, there hasn't been a memorable handhold scene for me! There have been a couple of close ones, but no hits:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: That scene with Hermione and Grawp. Emma Watson makes a great SW, but the 1:3 scale is too short for me.
The Secret World of Arrietty: Great anime detail and scale, but handholds were a secondary thing here. Still, a wonderful film!
Alice in Wonderland: A sad waste of potential! A huge budget and Mia Wasikowska is pretty, but the handholds go by so fast you barely have time to register them. It's like the Hatter was afraid to even touch Alice. It makes me wish that the Knave of Hearts had discovered Alice in the tea pot...

Short of the Holy Grail of a Land of the Giants reboot, I guess the only thing to long for in the near future are some scenes with Ella (Lina Hüesker) in the Help, I Shrunk My Friends movie. Another possibility is having Giganta as the villainess in the next Wonder Woman film (though the insiders are betting on Circe).

Some of the fanfics I've enjoyed:
"The Shrunken Senator" by Minimizer (more Star Wars shrinking would be nice)
"Glass Ceiling" trilogy by Minimizer (Kayla Robertson is a great SW!)
"Timmy's Little Problem" by ?
"Hermione Granger and the Titan of TIme" by SassyGal 84 (a more appropriate 1:12 scale) (can anyone finish?)
"Unfamiliar Ceiling" by Lord_Nova (Evangelion) (can anyone finish?)
"Turnaround is Fair Play" by ?
"A Matter of Smallness" by AliceAD (as mentioned earlier, the Knave of Hearts does find Alice in the tea pot. Can anyone finish?)
"The Slave Trade" by Dreamtales
"Land of the Giants -- Revisited" by The Reducer
"Christy" by azure_eyes

"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:57 am

@jeffery-dallas

If it's more handhelds in Macross you want, I already got you covered. 😉