"Evangelion" / "Land of the Giants" fusion mash-up

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

"Evangelion" / "Land of the Giants" fusion mash-up

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:00 am

I've always enjoyed fusions or mash-ups, taking the cast of one story and putting them in the roles of another. Kinda like this:

So I think I'll work on fusions of Land of the Giants with some of my favourite shows, starting with Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of my early anime shows. Some self-imposed rules:

1) I've tried my best to make the character swaps logical, but obviously it doesn't always work (usually not enough/too many characters to fit). That's all part of the fun, of course. Please donate any of your suggestions.

2) This particular list will only include characters from the original Evangelion TV series, not any looks or persons from the Rebuild of Evangelion movies.

3) Since this is the SW Forum, I’ve tried to genderbend males to females if able. Not every character was able to fit into The Scenario (see what I did there?). :)

THE MAIN CAST

Steve Burton (The Pilot) = Misato Katsuragi
Misato is Operations Director at HQ, so logically the captain of the Spindrift. A severe alcoholic, I can imagine how she'd react to giant toadstool spores... :roll:

Dan Erickson (The Co-Pilot) = Ritsuko Akagi
Ritsuko is a scientist, not a pilot (as far as I know). But since Dan was best friend as well as co-worker to Steve, Ritsuko is the closest thing to a best friend that Misato has.

Mark Wilson (The Smart Guy) = Maya Ibuki
Since Ritsuko takes Dan’s role, her assistant Maya can take the role as the engineer/scientist.

Alexander Fitzhugh (The Con Man) = Ryoji Kaji
While not a criminal like Fitzhugh (as far as I know), Kaji is not someone you can trust, having ulterior motives in just about everything. Misato’s college boyfriend.

Valerie Scott (The Jet Setter) = Asuka Langley Soryu
Asuka is feisty like Val, she has reddish hair like Val, thinks herself the life of the party like Val (“Charmed, I’m sure!”), and prefers yellow when she dresses up like Val (though Asuka’s favourite color is actually red).

Betty Hamilton (The Stewardess) = Rei Ayanami
With her quiet personality and apparent absence of emotions, Rei would probably not be first choice to work as an outgoing, smiling flight attendant. But someone has thought of it (see the picture below). Also, just as Betty and Valerie pair together, so do Asuka and Rei (like peanut butter and jelly, eggs and bacon, etc...)

Barry Lockridge (The Little Boy) = Hikari Horaki
Hikari is the youngest of the cast, and her freckles and two pigtails enhance her youthful appearance. As Barry hangs around with Chipper, Hikari can often be seen with...

Chipper (The Dog) = Pen Pen (Pen Squared) (Pen2)
No dogs in Evangelion -– the closest thing is the mascot Pen Pen (a warm water intelligent penguin).

OTHERS

Giant Scientist = Gendo Ikari
Besides being a giant douche already ;) , Gendo already kinda looks like “The Crash Scientist” with the beard and the glasses, looming over all the Little People while demonstrating his patented Gendo Pose™.

Inspector Dobbs Kobick = Shinji Ikari
A reach here, but I thought this would be fun. Being picked on and abused in Evangelion, Shinji would now be the main antagonist, threatening all those who gave him hell in the series. (He's no longer "a boring little boy", right, Asuka?) :twisted:

Kaworu Nagisa
One of the enemy Angels who sympathizes with humanity, Kaworu would be one of the good giants (perhaps engineer Andre, who helped created the Delta Device).

Touji Suzuhara & Kensuke Aida
"The Stooges", as Asuka refers to her classmates. Naturally, they would be a pair of cops or SID agents in Giant Land.

Kozo Fuyutsuki
Gendo's right-hand man. He loves to play shogi (Japanese chess), so he could be the loony Chess Grandmaster Kronig. Another candidate (since we love the episode so much) would be Togar, the wheelchaired music cage giant.

I think that about covers it. Would anyone like to draw/collage/etc. a cast picture in LOTG costumes? Perhaps something like the picture on the famous lunch box or colouring book? Or your own ideas on a fusion cast? Make It So! (whatever)
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: "Evangelion" / "Land of the Giants" fusion mash-up

Post by kira123 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:23 am

That idea would be awesome to bring to life one day. 😃

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: "Evangelion" / "Land of the Giants" fusion mash-up

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:19 am

Some new SW Evangelion:

1. I always thought Gendo should have used the "Reiquarium" to create some mini-Rei clones as well as normal clones. :D

2. Now that the Rebuild universe has revealed that Asuka was also a clone series, we can crank out the mini-Asukas as well. :twisted:

"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."