Squeaky, Mute or Normal

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Squeaky, Mute or Normal

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:24 am

For fun, what do you think an SW's voice would sound like, and what do you prefer?

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Squeaky, Mute or Normal

Post by HHunter1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:10 am

I always imagine that they are the same, but don't carry as well/far.

HH1

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:32 am

Quieter, of course, maybe a bit high pitched... until a certain point, anyways, where they're small enough that it just becomes harder and harder to hear, so much so that the actually squeakiness is irrelevant. Honestly, I think at that couple of inches of size we see so often real communication via voice may become impossible; she's too quiet to be heard, and he's too loud to be comprehended.
Power is choice.

Asli$erpoodenzy
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Asli$erpoodenzy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:36 am

I prefer a SW with a high pitched voice. It just sounds so cute to hear a SW sound like a chipmunk!

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:23 am

i am insane wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:32 am
Quieter, of course, maybe a bit high pitched... until a certain point, anyways, where they're small enough that it just becomes harder and harder to hear, so much so that the actually squeakiness is irrelevant. Honestly, I think at that couple of inches of size we see so often real communication via voice may become impossible; she's too quiet to be heard, and he's too loud to be comprehended.
I can see that.

I was thinking along the lines that I read or heard somewhere, that the smaller the person, the less their vocal chords can vibrate, thus they would be rendered mute.

I also wonder if SW's would develope a type of subvocalization, like many animals do.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:46 pm

I prefer normal.

Mute mostly works on the likes of Tinkerbell, which I can take it or leave it. Squeaky, after watching some of Gary Pranzo's, I just can't even. So I just mute the videos.

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:56 pm

I like a slightly higher pitch. Red Parrot's Office Politics is perfect with the pitch of the SW's voice.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 pm

I like SWs with high pitch voices. It's an effect that I've come to enjoy over time. I particularly like the different perspective between the SW and the world. To her she sounds normal but to everyone else her voice is higher. Though I do think the voice being too high can be off-putting. You have to find a good balance between her normal voice and the vocal change. Red Parrot was particularly good at this with his videos.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."
https://www.deviantart.com/somehatter54

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Some Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 pm
... To her she sounds normal but to everyone else her voice is higher. ...
I like that thought, actually.

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by lbh » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:59 pm

I think that when a character gets down around a foot, their voices should sound higher, 6 inches be very sqeaky even to themselves, below 2 inches they should be barely audiable below that normal people should only hear them as a tiny whine and even the shrunken should find their voices don't carry very far.----On a related note, I find the one thing that takes me out of a shrunken character film or show is the sound design. There was a "Sports Illustrated" ad some years back with a 2 foot woman sitting in a lawn chair, the shot looked great but when she pulled a subscription card out of the over sized magazine and threw it to the floor, it sounded like a piece of plywood hitting a sound stage floor. I think sound should be the same as you would hear normally but just more intense for the shrunken. Any thoughts?

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Some Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 pm
I like SWs with high pitch voices. It's an effect that I've come to enjoy over time. I particularly like the different perspective between the SW and the world. To her she sounds normal but to everyone else her voice is higher. Though I do think the voice being too high can be off-putting. You have to find a good balance between her normal voice and the vocal change. Red Parrot was particularly good at this with his videos.
Yes, there are good and bad squeaky sounds. Some sound nasty and electronic, and those are no good. But done well it is the best.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:09 pm

Miss Missa *always* did the best higher pitched voices for her SW videos! That is what I prefer.

TheBigG
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by TheBigG » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:13 pm

^ what they said

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Normal... And most times, if I did not want her speaking a bit of tiny tape would do... Even before starting to play with her clothes... But sometimes letting her speak could be rather exciting...
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:25 pm

lbh wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:59 pm
I think that when a character gets down around a foot, their voices should sound higher, 6 inches be very sqeaky even to themselves, below 2 inches they should be barely audiable below that normal people should only hear them as a tiny whine and even the shrunken should find their voices don't carry very far.----On a related note, I find the one thing that takes me out of a shrunken character film or show is the sound design. There was a "Sports Illustrated" ad some years back with a 2 foot woman sitting in a lawn chair, the shot looked great but when she pulled a subscription card out of the over sized magazine and threw it to the floor, it sounded like a piece of plywood hitting a sound stage floor. I think sound should be the same as you would hear normally but just more intense for the shrunken. Any thoughts?
This actually intrigued me because it makes sense, but then it doesn't because while ear size changes, the shape doesn't.

So I did a little research and sound and volume are determined by ear shape, not necessarily size. However, with the pinnae being smaller, the sound waves would be affected, and the SW may not be able to recognize where a sound is coming from for a short period of time, until the brain reorganizes how it gets audible input and adjusts.

So, I'm not sure they would be louder, but the SW would definitely be disoriented by sounds for a period of time.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:12 pm

The aspects this discussions has produced have really been fascinating.
"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter."

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Some Wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:12 pm
The aspects this discussions has produced have really been fascinating.
I always find the actual science of shrinking interesting, the real life potential effects of shrinking versus the fantasy aspects. I have found they are often very different.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:40 pm

It does make for an intriguing contrast. I realize that it would be different in real life, but I prefer the fantastical nature behind shrinking and the imagination it creates.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Some Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:40 pm
It does make for an intriguing contrast. I realize that it would be different in real life, but I prefer the fantastical nature behind shrinking and the imagination it creates.
Oh! Totally agree! Fantasy is always better because it can be exactly what we want it to be. Reality, sadly, has to fit within the confines of existing conditions, often times being less than satisfying.

Some Wanderer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Some Wanderer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm

I agree. The point I was making is that I can appreciate taking a scientific approach to the whole thing.