What's important to you?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

What's important to you?

Post by azureeyes » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:56 pm

When you are reading an SW story, what is it that you want to see in the story? What elements are the most important to you? What makes an SW story a really good one in your book?

TheReducer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: What's important to you?

Post by TheReducer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:16 pm

I'll go for a nice gentle story and see where the author takes the characters.
Thanks to Sally G for the avatar.
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/The-Reducer/e/B0 ... vu00_r1_c1

Bloodthirstybutcher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bloodthirstybutcher » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 pm

The one trope i love the most is shrinking out of clothes, and not just because I'm a lonely perv. ;-) There's something about the complete vulnerability of it. To take someone and place them in what is now a very alien and potentially hostile environment without even basic covering is very primal. It forces the sw to sense their new situation with their entire body, from head to fingertips to toes. How they react to all this overwhelming stimuli is also fascinating to me. Will they run? Will they break down? Will they enjoy it? I know how i feel about their predicament so I'm always more interested in the sw's perspective of their situation.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy."

-Super Hans, Peep Show

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 am

As those before me have said, I much prefer a broadly gentle shrinking story (a bit of mild punishment is OK, but nothing outright violent), & shrinking out of clothes is always great. For me, though, my favourite Shrinking Trope is the one that results in a significant reversal in the "balance of power". Hence why my favourite shrinking stories involve older siblings, mothers, teachers aunties & babysitters.

slepytyme
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by slepytyme » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:12 am

I have to agree with aussie the power dynamics mean alot to me ,the loss of control and relinquish of power is intoxicating. Having a tiny give up all or relinquish their control to a big is very nice. To only give up their old lives to be a pet is scintillating. I just enjoy the power dynamic change

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 am
For me, though, my favourite Shrinking Trope is the one that results in a significant reversal in the "balance of power".
slepytyme wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:12 am
I have to agree with aussie the power dynamics mean alot to me ,the loss of control and relinquish of power is intoxicating. Having a tiny give up all or relinquish their control to a big is very nice. To only give up their old lives to be a pet is scintillating. I just enjoy the power dynamic change
Okay, so now I have to ask, this assumes that previously she had some power before being shrunk. I get with Aussie's examples, but what if those aren't the case? Does this mean her personality is more powerful at the start? Or is it a perceived power by the person shrinking her, in that, she really doesn't have power, but she has led the shrinker to believe she does? Or does a mutual agreement of mutual equity also count as a changed play of power where her new role brings out a submissive side she's been holding? Must it always be a women who has power, or can it be more of a psychological perception of power?

Fwiw, I too love power transfers in SW. I love the dynamic that happens with the whole trope.

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:43 pm

azureeyes wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:56 pm
When you are reading an SW story, what is it that you want to see in the story? What elements are the most important to you? What makes an SW story a really good one in your book?
Clothes play, so clothes shrinking with minis

Any story, even a very interesting one, that arrives to that point where a woman gets shrunked and goes instantly naked, I stop reading...

Clothes should be shrunk also and never ripped off quickly, but little by little, along the story...

A mini should go to a naked state right in the end or even maybe never...
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Power and what people do with it. Not just the women losing power, but also a big woman submitting to a smaller one, because there's someone bigger still supporting them, or a man obey a shrunken woman because of desire or obligations, and so on.

What they'll do for what reason, how far someone will go until they reach some sort of limit.... these things fascinate me.
Power is choice.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Shrinking out of clothes, becoming a doll or toy to the giant.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm

For me there's also an important humiliation aspect, I'm not talking about degrading or cruel punishments, but rather the implication that the SW doesn't want to be seen by anyone in that state. She doesn't want to be picked up, looked upon as a freak or taken advantage or. Even worse of course if she shrank out of her clothes, which then blends with the ENF (Embarrassed Naked Female) trope.

So hiding, hoping not to be seen by an enemy/rival, hoping to get back to normal without anyone noticing, that sort of stuff.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Hand-Holder wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Clothes play, so clothes shrinking with minis

Any story, even a very interesting one, that arrives to that point where a woman gets shrunked and goes instantly naked, I stop reading...

Clothes should be shrunk also and never ripped off quickly, but little by little, along the story...

A mini should go to a naked state right in the end or even maybe never...
I love the idea of having clothes on and bring shrunk with them changing size with me. A lot of the sexual tension, for me, at least, is being made to feel normal and have interactions that are "normal" and provide a sense of security and growing trust.

I don't have problems with shrink and grab or shrinking out of clothes, if the sole purpose is to create a story where sex is the main objective, but I do lose interest in them fairly quickly.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:27 pm

i am insane wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:13 pm
Power and what people do with it. Not just the women losing power, but also a big woman submitting to a smaller one, because there's someone bigger still supporting them, or a man obey a shrunken woman because of desire or obligations, and so on.

What they'll do for what reason, how far someone will go until they reach some sort of limit.... these things fascinate me.
I always find this an interesting angle. Who is going to be the person more in charge? Because it's assumed the tiny person will be relinquishing her(their) power, but that may not always be the case. What about the friend who wants to help them discover what it's like being small? Or the one who wants to help figure out how to get them back to normal? The power structure is different and it doesn't mean as time goes on, one person doesn't realize the advantages over the other and what would they do with that realization?

It's a very rarely explored aspect of SW, I think, where the SW has more power or there is a bit more power equity on her side.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:30 pm

foreverlurk wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm
For me there's also an important humiliation aspect, I'm not talking about degrading or cruel punishments, but rather the implication that the SW doesn't want to be seen by anyone in that state. She doesn't want to be picked up, looked upon as a freak or taken advantage or. Even worse of course if she shrank out of her clothes, which then blends with the ENF (Embarrassed Naked Female) trope.

So hiding, hoping not to be seen by an enemy/rival, hoping to get back to normal without anyone noticing, that sort of stuff.
I can see that. I think that becomes the primary trope once the shock/horror/excitement wears off and reality sets in.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:56 pm

I realized I didn't answer this myself!

I love interaction between characters. I like it when it seems real and organic and not a vehicle to lead to a scene. I like to watch them as they work with each other, discover new things and build a relationship in this new scenario.

I have been working on my own stories to perfect details, describing things like sensations, visual aspects, emotions. These make it more alive to me, allowing me to put myself more into the story than lines like "he moved his finger against her". How did it look from his perspective? What was he hoping for? Was he happy with her reaction? I love the idea of the exploring with the characters as opposed to just looking in. To be invested in their journey as much as they are.

I like stories that make me think and/or experience them. I think those are important for my enjoyment. I can handle most tropes as long as they aren't mechanically written, though I stop at violence and masochism simply because it can exist. If you give me a strong motivation and background of the characters, I may be willing to go along depending on how much I empathize with them.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:02 pm

azureeyes wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:27 pm
i am insane wrote:

I always find this an interesting angle. Who is going to be the person more in charge? Because it's assumed the tiny person will be relinquishing her(their) power, but that may not always be the case. What about the friend who wants to help them discover what it's like being small? Or the one who wants to help figure out how to get them back to normal? The power structure is different and it doesn't mean as time goes on, one person doesn't realize the advantages over the other and what would they do with that realization?

It's a very rarely explored aspect of SW, I think, where the SW has more power or there is a bit more power equity on her side.
Yes, it's pretty damn rare. I'm trying to dabble in it a bit right now, actully, though the actual result is... less clear. I know Missletowe had stories with that kind of concept, and just generally stories where the giant/normal treat the woman/en like people with actual agency and choice.

More recently, on the new other board, Theophilious (of all people, WTF) has an almost parody like story where the woman is trying to seduce the naive giant.
Power is choice.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:24 pm

i am insane wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:02 pm
More recently, on the new other board, Theophilious (of all people, WTF)...
This honestly made me lol!

If had to hazard a guess, a lot of us in the community are getting older and our tastes or views have either changed, grown or expanded into other areas we might not have considered interesting a while back. Maybe?

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:58 am

azureeyes wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:24 pm
Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 am
For me, though, my favourite Shrinking Trope is the one that results in a significant reversal in the "balance of power".
slepytyme wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:12 am
Okay, so now I have to ask, this assumes that previously she had some power before being shrunk. I get with Aussie's examples, but what if those aren't the case? Does this mean her personality is more powerful at the start? Or is it a perceived power by the person shrinking her, in that, she really doesn't have power, but she has led the shrinker to believe she does? Or does a mutual agreement of mutual equity also count as a changed play of power where her new role brings out a submissive side she's been holding? Must it always be a women who has power, or can it be more of a psychological perception of power?

Fwiw, I too love power transfers in SW. I love the dynamic that happens with the whole trope.
Well yeah, that's why I specifically picked people like Moms, Teachers & Babysitters as examples. They have a degree of power and authority over those under their care, part of which stems from them being quite a bit taller than the people in their care. If they shrink to a size of 6" to 24" tall, clearly their ability to wield any authority will be completely lost. It's why I love that specific sub-genre of shrinking woman fantasy. I especially love universes, like that of Sumguy's "She's Asking for it" (seriously, he REALLY need to continue that story ;) ), where there is a "Finders, Keepers" law for unregistered minis.....hope that helps to explain things a bit more.

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:16 am

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:58 am

Well yeah, that's why I specifically picked people like Moms, Teachers & Babysitters as examples. They have a degree of power and authority over those under their care, part of which stems from them being quite a bit taller than the people in their care. If they shrink to a size of 6" to 24" tall, clearly their ability to wield any authority will be completely lost. It's why I love that specific sub-genre of shrinking woman fantasy. I especially love universes, like that of Sumguy's "She's Asking for it" (seriously, he REALLY need to continue that story ;) ), where there is a "Finders, Keepers" law for unregistered minis.....hope that helps to explain things a bit more.
So for you, the age/power already established is important, if I read that correctly. That's fair. This isn't about making any judgement calls on morality/ethics or anything like that. People like what they like. I was more curious of it expanded to perceived power or other than established power already installed.

Nicodemus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Nicodemus » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 am

For me, above all, originality. Some plot point or such that has not been tread time and again. Pushing limits also fascinates me in a story.
"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

BigManEd

Post by BigManEd » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 am

Hmmmmm, that's tough. I love all matter of shrinking stories. Of course I do have my favourite themes and ideas. One of my most favourite it probably when the lovely lady is shrunk by a guy that they would never be caught dead with or perhaps somone that is incredibly shady. I do always enjoy a feisty attitude from the women who are shrunk. Even though they are the size of a toy now that does not deter the amount of spunk and sas they still have. Then perhaps one of my more nefarious desires is when the situation in question is taboo or not necessarily accepted by society. Mother and son stories, teen and adult stories and sometimes even animal and beautiful woman. I love all matter of SW stories, I'm not very picky :p

Kisupure
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Kisupure » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:22 pm

azureeyes wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:27 pm
i am insane wrote:

I've always loved futzing with these kinds of questions, because for me they're apt metaphors for power relations in the real world. They cease to just be fetish, they become allegory. What is a power dynamic? What do they look and feel like? How do they function? How asymmetrical can they get before breaking? Can they be fluid, fluctuating things? Can a giant have power one minute, and be stripped of it the next? What happens when a big doesn't want contextual power over a tiny? What role does the outside world play, especially if that world doesn't revolve around fetish logic where everyone is beautiful and horny and no one has to go work in the morning or pick their grandma up from chemo?

Fetish to me is at its most interesting, compelling, and sexy when it comes into contact with something that resembles reality. Fetish by itself is almost unsatisfactory to me now... it's too glossy and lubed up, there's nothing for me to get a grip on and hold. Stories that are designed to be looked at rather than turned over in one's proverbial hands are forgettable and unfulfilling. I need characters, I need themes. Give me a few nutritional calories along with the junk, at least.
I'm big on masculinity. :mrgreen:

SizeKink.com | Eka's Portal | kisupure#9437 on Discord

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Kisupure wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:22 pm

I've always loved futzing with these kinds of questions, because for me they're apt metaphors for power relations in the real world. They cease to just be fetish, they become allegory. What is a power dynamic? What do they look and feel like? How do they function? How asymmetrical can they get before breaking? Can they be fluid, fluctuating things? Can a giant have power one minute, and be stripped of it the next? What happens when a big doesn't want contextual power over a tiny? What role does the outside world play, especially if that world doesn't revolve around fetish logic where everyone is beautiful and horny and no one has to go work in the morning or pick their grandma up from chemo?

Fetish to me is at its most interesting, compelling, and sexy when it comes into contact with something that resembles reality. Fetish by itself is almost unsatisfactory to me now... it's too glossy and lubed up, there's nothing for me to get a grip on and hold. Stories that are designed to be looked at rather than turned over in one's proverbial hands are forgettable and unfulfilling. I need characters, I need themes. Give me a few nutritional calories along with the junk, at least.
I agree! The sexual aspect is fun, but after a while, it becomes repetitive and really kind of disheartening when one considers it is based mostly on victimization. I sometimes have a difficult time reconciling that the fetish needs victims to be arousing. (I realize this is solely a me issue. People like what they like, and while I understand the fetish, it still is something I personally find difficult to deal with.)

I'd like to believe that real life would create a different set of rules, so to speak. People still need to work, exist, function. Even more so when you have a tiny person, unless your intention is to neglect them completely until they die.

People are complex. Being tiny doesn't change that complexity and doesn't change what we dwell on, whether it be some asshole at work, that bill that needs to be paid or whatever life creates and having a tiny person doesn't change those things either.

The sex is fine, but the fetish really dehumanizes the reality. I would rather it be introduced that excluded, as that is a major part of story and world building.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 pm

azureeyes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:54 pm
Kisupure wrote:

I agree! The sexual aspect is fun, but after a while, it becomes repetitive and really kind of disheartening when one considers it is based mostly on victimization. I sometimes have a difficult time reconciling that the fetish needs victims to be arousing. (I realize this is solely a me issue. People like what they like, and while I understand the fetish, it still is something I personally find difficult to deal with.)

I'd like to believe that real life would create a different set of rules, so to speak. People still need to work, exist, function. Even more so when you have a tiny person, unless your intention is to neglect them completely until they die.

People are complex. Being tiny doesn't change that complexity and doesn't change what we dwell on, whether it be some asshole at work, that bill that needs to be paid or whatever life creates and having a tiny person doesn't change those things either.

The sex is fine, but the fetish really dehumanizes the reality. I would rather it be introduced that excluded, as that is a major part of story and world building.
Oh no, you're far from the only one to notice the victimization thing, or to dislike it. There's a thread somewhere on here where a bunch of men on this board confess how awkward this fetish makes them at times, myself included.
Power is choice.

Kisupure
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Kisupure » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:02 pm

i am insane wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 pm
azureeyes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:54 pm
Kisupure wrote:

Oh no, you're far from the only one to notice the victimization thing, or to dislike it. There's a thread somewhere on here where a bunch of men on this board confess how awkward this fetish makes them at times, myself included.
It's weird coming at this from the Other Side now, as someone that buried their sadistic impulses for a looooong time because it made me feel like a "bad sub". Embracing that in a way that's liberating is a REALLY fine line to walk, especially since my goal is to read as a cis male, and I think I'm going to need to get much more actively involved in my local kink community so I can learn to be an ethical person if I have someone handing me the reigns. It's a whole different interpersonal skillset.

That's why I also bring BDSM ways of doing things into my stories a lot, characters ask questions of each other because they're real people. Even when the consent is dubious, I try to build arrangements that at least make sense in a characterization sense, so that it's not just kink scenes strung together. I want a trajectory, I want my giants and tinies to learn things about each other over the course of their encounter, even if what they learn is ugly or unsettling. I enjoy victimization in certain contexts, but I also want to write in a way that lets the reader know that choices have consequences.

Azure you're right though in that focusing purely on the dopamine hit of sex gets old after a while!
I'm big on masculinity. :mrgreen:

SizeKink.com | Eka's Portal | kisupure#9437 on Discord

azureeyes
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by azureeyes » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:54 am

i am insane wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 pm

I can't really say I dislike the victimization because that is a huge part of the power dynamics. I can certainly appreciate it, though, I also know it is 100% on me to state my hard and soft limits and when to say stop. That's totally on me, just like it is on the larger person to do the same with me. This is why consent and conversation are so important.

As always, I tend to overthink a lot of things and I noticed over the years that misogyny is a huge part of not just this fetish but numerous ones. It is not my obligation educate people as to why that's bad, nor would I, but I do heavily consider my contributions when I write. I find myself asking if the behaviors could contribute negatively to someone's mental state. I don't have to and I'm aware of that and am not obligated to do anything in regards to how someone else behaves due to my work. But, it is still something I do think about and do try to find ways to resolve on my own in my own ways so that I am not worried about any impact.

Consent between adults will never be an issue, whether in rp or in real life. My feelings about what is enjoyed is absolutely none of my business unless I'm asked. It's my own impact on others that I concern myself with.