Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Kid/The Orphan)

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Kid/The Orphan)

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:00 am

FANCASTING FOR LAND OF THE GIANTS REBOOT
"THE KID/THE ORPHAN"

BARRY LOCKRIDGE
(Feminine version is also Barry. Possible alternate is Bree.)
Aged 13-15

The candidates are slightly older here, ranging from 15-17. Since there’s not much background on most of them, I chose mostly by striking fancy, with an edge towards dark-haired (like Barry), physicality, and it would help if she could work with dogs. :D

JAYDEN BARTELS
AGED 16

She is an actress, singer, songwriter, and dancer best known for her role as Peyton on Disney's Coop and Cami. She also worked for Nickelodeon on the shows Side Hustle and Nick Camp.

MILLIE BOBBY BROWN
AGED 17

The best known of the candidates. Starring in the Legendary Films Monster movies and the hit show Stranger Things. Godzilla and King Kong give her experience with giant things, while she starred as the Young Alice in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland being tiny. She's also deaf in one ear (didn't know that), so she could use that in the "giant hearing aid" episode. Recently has grown her hair out and dyed it lighter.

LOLA FLANERY
AGED 15

Starred as the Seelie Queen in Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments and the show The 100.

STERLING JERINS
AGED 16

Starred in the zombie film World War Z, as well as The Conjuring films.

LARA MCDONNELL
AGED 17

Starred in heavy make-up as fairy Holly Short in Disney’s Artemis Fowl movie. An American of Irish descent (accent?). Had to use gymnastics and a flying harness for the role of Holly.

PILOT PAISLEY-ROSE
AGED 16 NEXT MONTH

TV actress and singer. She had a recurring role as Astrid on Brat TV’s Chicken Girls. Grew up a competitive gymnast with awards.

And that is that! With the exception of Millie Bobby Brown, the girls on this list are virtually unknown. Millie is probably too big a name at this point -- after all the special effects films, she might be heading for more "serious" films in future. Perhaps Pilot Paisley-Rose or Lara McDonnell? For some reason, I see Barry/Bree with short hair (like male Barry, I guess), so maybe an edge to Lara? Pilot could always go short for a film shoot -- Emma Watson and Natalie Portman have done it. In Natalie's case, real short...

But now it's your turn -- who takes it? Whose cuisine reigns supreme? Or who else should be on the list?

(NEXT: THE CO-PILOT/THE FIRST OFFICER)
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

LittleNikki
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Kid/The Orphan)

Post by LittleNikki » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:13 am

This is one of the roles I would keep male. I would cast Jaime Murray in the role of Alexandria Fitzhugh, whose role I would make more in line with the plotting (semi)-villainesses Jaime played in Warehouse 13 and Defiance. I would then cast Taylor Lautner (circa Twilight) as a seventeen year old Barry Lockridge:

Once I had the dynamics established between Barry and Fitzhugh, I would do a remake of the LOTG episode "Genius at Work," except it would be Barry who ate the supergrowth compound, and not Fitzhugh.

However, if push came to shove, and I had to cast Barry with a female actor, I would go with relatively unknown Canadian actreass Stephi Chin-Salvo:

She would play Barrymore "Barry" Lockridge, a shy seventeen year old girl who was originally adopted, recently orphaned and is sole heir to a small fortune.