Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Flight Attendant/The Stewardess)

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Flight Attendant/The Stewardess)

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 am

FANCASTING FOR LAND OF THE GIANTS REBOOT
"THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT/THE STEWARDESS"

BETTY HAMILTON
23-25 years old

This particular entry is late because this category took longer to research than I thought it would -- there were many more candidates to look at than expected. The main criteria I looked for was someone athletic, aged 20s/early 30s, could pull off the short blonde hair look, and looks becoming in yellow.

ELLE FANNING
Aged 23

Of all the candidates, Elle looks the most like Heather Young. She began as the lead Clara in The Nutcracker in 3D. Her breakthrough role was Princess Aurora in the Maleficent movies, followed by the famous Mary Shelley as the writer of Frankenstein. This means she has athleticism (dance ballet); kinda SW experience; and working with creatures.

OLIVIA HOLT
Aged 23

A Disney girl who started out in the TV dance series Kickin' It, and a creature hunter in the original Disney film Girl vs Monster. Her big role so far is portraying the titular role Tandy Bowen/Dagger in the comic book series Cloak & Dagger. Olivia also sings and voice acts, voicing Spider-Man films and Tinkerbell movies. To sum up, she has physicality, experience dealing with beasties, and dwelling in Pixie Hollow. :)

ANYA TAYLOR JOY
Aged 25

Of Argentine/British background, Anya's breakthroughs were the spooky historic fiction movie The Witch, and the titular Morgan, playing a hybrid artificial being. She continues the "strange girl" trend in the movie The New Mutants. She is currently starring as a 1950s/1960s chess champion in the miniseries The Queen's Gambit. Despite that character's prominent short red hair, Anya actually has long blonde hair. So as a chess player, she can either play against evil genius giants or be tied to chess pieces...? :geek:

MARGOT ROBBIE
Aged 30

An Aussie, Margot began her career playing a 1960s stewardess in the Pan Am TV series. Watch her in action on a YouTube clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIr34dCFK7g

She monkeyed around as Jane in The Legend of Tarzan movie, and now clowns around playing comic book anti-hero/villainess Harley Quinn for the DC movie universe. Lots of physicality; hot looks; creatures; "flight experience"; and is well-known to the public. Is she too well-known to have the time or interest in another expensive sci-fi project?

SOPHIE TURNER
Aged 25

British actress who made her debut as Sansa Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones. She then portrayed a young Jean Grey/Phoenix in the second X-Men movie series. A natural blonde who dyed her hair red for these roles.

EMMA WATSON
Aged 31

Previously brought up in "The Jetsetter/The Party Girl" segment:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2745

In my opinion, Emma would be best for the role of Betty rather than Valerie. One of her non-Harry Potter movies was Colonia, called The Colony in the UK. Emma plays a yellow-clad stewardess looking for her boyfriend in coup-rocked Chile in 1973. You can see her in action in a small YouTube clip (and that sweet British accent):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2gZuijRMg

HANNAH VAN DER WESTHUYSEN
Aged 25

Australian/British, Hannah plays Stella on the teen drama Fate: The Winx Saga. I'm not familiar with either this series or the animated show it's based on, but this live-action story apparently does not involve tiny, winged girls but human-sized magic "fairies". Hannah has short, blonde hair with (kinda?) fairy experience...? Why not just call them witches?

And that is that! It kinda blows my mind that once-child star Emma/Hermione is now the oldest candidate on this list. :o :shock: I consider her the favored choice but the movie/series would have to start filming right away at this point if you want a long-running story (this would apply for Margot Robbie as well). Since it would be ideal if we had more ladies on The Spindrift, we could have Emma casted as the chief flight attendant in charge of a group of fated SW underlings. If not Emma or a younger sole stewardess is preferred, I'd go for Elle Fanning.

Hopefully the new Betty will get more screen time than the original. Heather Young took off part of season 2 for pregnancy, explained away as “She's back at the ship". This left Valerie as the only female in the cast, known as the “Smurfette Principle”. ;)

But now it's your turn -- who takes it? Whose cuisine reigns supreme? Or who else should be on the list?

(NEXT: THE CROOK/"AND SPECIAL GUEST STAR!"...)
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

DrWonko
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Flight Attendant/The Stewardess)

Post by DrWonko » Mon May 10, 2021 5:02 pm

What if we step outside the box and try a couple of others? Ana de Armas for example:

Or Liu Yifei?

GF: "I should warn you that I'm about to get shorter."
Me: "You make that sound like it's a bad thing!"

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Fancasting for "Land of the Giants" reboot (The Flight Attendant/The Stewardess)

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Tue May 11, 2021 1:35 am

What if we step outside the box and try a couple of others?
"Since it would be ideal if we had more ladies on The Spindrift, we could have Emma casted as the chief flight attendant in charge of a group of fated SW underlings."
Why not? I've been a fan of Liu Yifei since she played the gorgeous Sparrow from The Forbidden Kingdom. Here she is in a flight attendant uniform -- fly the friendly skies! :D
"Thanks. I had no idea."

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Wed May 26, 2021 12:15 am

A trailer was released today for a new movie with Anya Taylor-Joy. Called Last Night in Soho, it is a psychological thriller that is currently planned for an October release (appropriate).

Description:
A young fashion student named Eloise (Thomasin McKenzie), obsessed with all things '60s as well as harbouring a strange Sixth Sense, moves to London. Somehow, she forms a strange connection across time with Sandie (Anya Taylor-Joy), a dazzling young woman with dreams of becoming a star. As Eloise disappears deeper into this rabbit hole and her connection with Sandie grows, everything begins to fall apart in the most surreal way possible.

See the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9WUIv9KH8

Anya seems to be on a 60s bend lately. Hair. Boots. Leather. 60s. Groovy!

"Thanks. I had no idea."

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:23 am

"Poyntingve" from DeviantArt came up with these two pictures of Emma Watson in a sexy flight attendant outfit. Fly the friendly skies...

"There are two doors aboard this orbital transport: one hatch to each side. In the event of a giant humanoid carrying off the ship, we always recommend you keep your seat belt fastened while you’re seated, your tray tables in their full upright position, and all carry-on luggage stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."
Attachments
de6fjg0-b4dbfa4d-1440-4182-9871-e7c63f56f44b.png
de6fjg0-b4dbfa4d-1440-4182-9871-e7c63f56f44b.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 5053 times
de1pxrx-8cba3f8a-7d33-41ed-b06f-35652b8162e4.png
de1pxrx-8cba3f8a-7d33-41ed-b06f-35652b8162e4.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 5053 times
"Thanks. I had no idea."

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:15 am

Sorry... :roll:

"Thanks. I had no idea."

LittleNikki
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by LittleNikki » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:59 am

Definitely would cast Emma Watson in the role of Betty: