Real permanent shrinking, would you?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
Kooplan
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Real permanent shrinking, would you?

Post by Kooplan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:35 am

Based on a topic from GTS City that I thought was interesting. I wanted to get a more SW-focused opinion on this subject. Basically, the gist of it being would you actually want to permanently shrink a woman? For women that want to shrink, would you honestly opt-in to being tiny for the rest of your life? Once the choice is made, there's no going back...

Speaking from a male perspective, I'd imagine most men would probably be thinking about shrinking a girlfriend or wife, or even some poor unsuspecting hot chick, and then doing as they please with her once she's down to size. That can go in many different ways, but I'd suspect most wouldn't think of what happens later on with the long term care of these shrunken women. Feeding, bathing, taking care of all essential needs. Just because she's small doesn't mean she doesn't need to be tended to.

Remember, she's not growing back to normal ever again.

One of the biggest issues would be old age. As if it's not hard enough growing old normally, forcing a shrunken woman to endure their golden years while the size of a doll, or smaller, seems rather cruel imo. I'm not against permanently shrinking a woman in stories, and find such endings to be pretty appealing, but they cut off before these kinds of questions can be answered.

Shrinking a woman means a lot of responsibility, which again I'm sure those wanting to shrink their partners would put up with, and some others into the violent side of things would gleefully get rid of their shrunken women before they become too much of a hindrance. I don't know, it's just a question I've thought was interesting and wanted to see what others in the SW community might think?

Ideally, I suppose it could be added to erasing the need to eat, drink, or use the bathroom during the shrinking process. Why not also make it so she can't age, either? So, in such scenarios this wouldn't be much of an issue. Let's just say for the sake of argument that when the girl shrinks, all it does is make her smaller. That's when things could get complicated down the line...

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Real permanent shrinking, would you?

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 am

The question your asking is perplexing but has answers that can greatly very depending on the person asked. True most won't understand the long game of the goal but it's not hard to see as food and luxuries can easily be put into check; the real issue is the environment and the shrunk individual herself. Say she's into it, that's good but that doesn't mean there won't be issues along the way such as a great need for spacial awareness. And even other living creatures and beings can become an unyielding factor like say the local wildlife wander in or some kid or just a random member gets close enough. Then you have another variable to add on into her safety. And that's with her willing to be said tiny partner.

Imagine is it was against her will and you throw in another variable of resilience and unpredictability into the mix. There was a book on a woman who was shrunk unwillingly by her husband and she made him go through some serious hell until the end. There's a factor that can become a logistical nightmare. (The book was Tom Holland's Untold Tales Shrunk if anyone was curious)

So there's those to add on to your list of variables.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

Kooplan
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kooplan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:13 pm

SWS33K3R776 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 am
The question your asking is perplexing but has answers that can greatly very depending on the person asked. True most won't understand the long game of the goal but it's not hard to see as food and luxuries can easily be put into check; the real issue is the environment and the shrunk individual herself. Say she's into it, that's good but that doesn't mean there won't be issues along the way such as a great need for spacial awareness. And even other living creatures and beings can become an unyielding factor like say the local wildlife wander in or some kid or just a random member gets close enough. Then you have another variable to add on into her safety. And that's with her willing to be said tiny partner.

Imagine is it was against her will and you throw in another variable of resilience and unpredictability into the mix. There was a book on a woman who was shrunk unwillingly by her husband and she made him go through some serious hell until the end. There's a factor that can become a logistical nightmare. (The book was Tom Holland's Untold Tales Shrunk if anyone was curious)

So there's those to add on to your list of variables.
Yeah, it certainly would depend on who is being asked. That's what interests me, though! I'd love to get more opinions about it, so thanks for sharing some more variables to the mix! Although I'm not sure if spatial awareness or animals would be much of a factor. Both parties would know she's tiny, and would of course be watching out for each other, the giant watching his step while the shrunken woman makes sure not to stay out in the open.

As for wildlife, I guess ants and other bugs might be an issue, especially if she's made really tiny. Pets would absolutely not be allowed, except for the shrunken woman lol. In the case of bugs bothering her, putting her into an aquarium or similar "cage" would be for the best. It also solves the issue of her being accidentally stepped on. However, it brings up another issue(if she's willingly shrunk) in her potentially feeling more like a pet than anything, although maybe for some that wouldn't be an issue?

I'd also add that from the shrunken woman's perspective, being tiny would probably get boring pretty fast, even if she's into it. Stuck at only a few inches tall and likely left home alone with little to do while whoever is taking care of her has to leave sounds like it would make permanent shrinking lose its appeal pretty quickly.

It's interesting that you bring up her being unwilling into it. I've not read the book you mentioned, but depending on how fast and small the woman shrinks to, that seems like it would be more of a non-issue. She'd certainly be angry and put up a lot of resistance, but ultimately she'd be far too small to do anything about it.

Let's just say for example; A woman is instantly shrunk by a man to only a few inches tall, and she hates it. However, the shock of being shrunk would give him ample time to grab her and after that it's basically over for her. I'd say in such a scenario, even the dumbest of men would be able to predict she'd constantly be trying to escape, even if she can never unshrink herself, so her captor would likely have already set up a place to keep her contained while he's not around or toying with her. One where she has no chance of escape. She could still put up a fight, and I bet there's plenty of ways she could annoy the giant, but unless he slips up and makes a mistake it doesn't feel like she'd really be able to escape or make his life a "serious hell", as you put it.

Maybe I'm wrong. That's just one scenario, after all. In the book it sounds like there are other factors involved. My little fiction just seems like the baseline for any would-be shrinkers of women to have considered at some point in their fantasy. Also, I realized I didn't really answer the original question myself...

I guess I wouldn't really want to condemn any woman to be permanently tiny just for my pleasure or enjoyment. Best case scenario would ideally be one where I have the ability to shrink my girlfriend, via shrink ray or some other device, whenever I pleased. After we've had our fun, I'd grow her back to her regular size and things would go back to normal, just now shrinking would become more of a regular occurrence for her. That's pretty vanilla, as far as this fetish is concerned, but I wonder how many might agree such a situation has appeal?

One last thing, there is one video I found recently that basically checked all my boxes for how a "romanticized" version of permanent shrinking would go, it doesn't go beyond a day of the girl being (seemingly) permanently shrunk, but it's still pretty damn cute. So, I'll link that here;

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11903 ... -woman-sfx

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:55 pm

One of the things I like about SW is the shock / surprise when she realizes she's shrinking. Of course that means I'm shrinking her without permission.

Given that, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't 100% know I could restore her size.

Kooplan
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kooplan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:40 pm

Sdk wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:55 pm
One of the things I like about SW is the shock / surprise when she realizes she's shrinking. Of course that means I'm shrinking her without permission.

Given that, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't 100% know I could restore her size.
Right, that's another interesting perspective! Don't suppose adding permanency to the mix would be very appealing if you want to savor her reaction to being made small. Gotta be able to make her normal-sized again, if only for the fact that you could zap her back down to tiny size later on! I'm imagining it as being quite a humorous scenario...

"Thanks for growing me back, you know, you really should ask a girl before you decide to shrink her out of the blue!"

ZAP

"WHAT!? D-DID YOU REALLY JUST SHRINK ME... AGAIN?!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

handheadcase
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by handheadcase » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:15 pm

I think it is a difficult question to answer, but I'll try answering it as a shrunken woman (and whose main experiences with the topic come through DeviantArt, Discord, and the written word). I'm going to ignore a lot of the problems with physically shrinking (thermodynamics, problems with mass, atoms, energy, etc. etc.) for the sake of my answer.

First: I think about immediate material concerns such as employment, rent, food, and the various responsibilities I face from day to day. I'm employed full time and while there are days that make me want to jump off of a bridge, I generally like my job. But it is, at the end of the day, something I am obligated to do. One of my primary "fantasies" (if you can call them that) would be to shrink so that I could escape from my job and the responsibilities and concerns I deal with every day. Who needs to meet deadlines, respond to emails, deal with work jerks, or show up fully put together on time when your perspective shifts so radically with your height? And besides, I'm not sure my employers would find much value in me as a shrunken woman. It's definitely a job I need to do "full sized". I don't think I would be able to assert much authority or control over my workplace environment, which is chaotic unless I step in and keep things on track.

Then there is the question of rent and money - I certainly don't need my apartment to myself if I'm toy-sized even if my formerly small apartment is now more like a mansion. I wouldn't be able to utilize the appliances and cook for myself, and I'd have trouble getting in and out. So I think about what alternatives might look like for me. We'll say for the sake of my response that shrinking full-sized buildings isn't efficient, and that my options would either be to move into a small-sized house or apartment constructed to my scale, or to move in with a normal-sized person.

Let's consider the former. The option of living in a miniature house or apartment wouldn't appeal to me much. Why? Because whereas a normal-sized building is resilient to the elements, animals, and should be a safe place away from the outside world and other people, a miniaturized building out in the open would likely not be. It seems to me severe weather such as tornadoes, strong thunderstorms, and flooding would destroy my little abode rather quickly, and if I didn't die, I'd lose all of my possessions. I would also be wary of leaving it for fear a nearby bird or other animal might mistake me for prey as I walk about. And I think all of you are quite aware that an unsupervised shrunken woman would likely find herself at best someone's new play doll, and at worst... well, let's not go there. So I would only shrink myself if I could move in with someone I know and trust. If I were doll-sized, I certainly wouldn't move in with any strangers or acquaintances unless I trusted them. And I and my friends that I'd trust to live with are all single twenty-somethings - what happens if they meet someone and decide to live with each other? Do I become akin to a "family pet" that they watch over? Do they ask me to move out? I would never want to be miniature around anybody with kids or any sort of nuclear family, so I suppose the person taking me in would be making a sort of commitment to me, which, at my size, I'm likely not in a position to ask for. One would imagine I'd find myself dumped in the Goodwill donation box with old toys when my tiny demands become unbearable.

But let's consider what happens if I move in with someone I know and trust, with whom long-term life won't be a problem. Perhaps I live in a miniature building, made fully to my scale and with working appliances, plumbing, electricity, etc. Where does that go in their house? I and my peers and friends aren't in positions where we can invest in a house as a permanent place to live, and I doubt most of the landlords we rent from would be interested in installing a miniature apartment inside of an existing apartment. We might assume that in this scenario such living situations do exist, but they are expensive. Plus, I think most apartments would need to be rearranged around such a miniature building. It would probably be on their floor, since I wouldn't want to have to climb up and down a ladder to get in and out of my house if it were on a table or shelf, but that might put me at risk of being stepped on or for pests to enter. Sounds unpleasant.

So then I could live in a miniature apartment without lights, power, water, etc, or I could live in some kind of facsimile (say, a diorama of some kind). We'll assume whoever I live with has found a safe place for my home to dwell, and we'll say that they provide me with a lamp or other light I can activate from my height and have inside my little apartment instead of hitting the lightswitch on the wall. But I wouldn't be able to cook for myself, do my own laundry unless it was by hand, or entertain myself without most amenities (and, while I don't want to dwell on it too much, the bathroom situation without plumbing might be quite awkward). So I hypothetically would want to live in a miniature house that's nice, but if it's only use is for sleeping and being alone, I probably don't need too much.

I would want to be free to roam the larger home outside of my home at my leisure, though, again, I'm not sure how much utility I would get from it without assistance. Do I risk falling while climbing a couch to watch television? What if the remote isn't on the couch, or is stuck in the cushions and too difficult for me to get out? I probably couldn't leave unless there was a dog door installed (which, no), so I'd have to entertain myself somehow. Let's assume that shrinking existing technology such as phones or computers is unfeasible or not something within immediate reach for me. I'd have to watch movies on my roommate's phone, and the internet would be completely out of reach for me. But this brings up the problem that my life is now largely dependent on the bigger person's schedule. Unless we both agreed that the bigger person would come to my assistance 24/7, I would probably have to wait for them to do things for me. For example, while I may not eat much (and wouldn't need to buy groceries, since I eat much less than the "normal" person), I wouldn't be able to cook on my own. So I'd have to wait for my roommate to cook something and bring me to the table or give it to me to eat. I would wager I would be covertly banned from cooking, anyhow, since, at my tiny size, a kitchen fire or accident could quickly get out of control.

But the problem persists even outside of cooking and eating. How do I bathe and groom myself? In the sink? Must I wait for my roommate to carry me to the sink, turn the water on, and then come back after a certain amount of time? How do I go visit other friends, unless they come to us or my roommate takes me to them? I don't think leaving the front door unlocked would be wise. And I wouldn't want to travel on my own or in any small-sized vehicles, as an accident could prove deadly and I would be suspect of the interference of normal-sized people. So, in effect, I become a lesser partner in a sort of union, unable to do much without the assistance of the bigger person. And, when the union is defined by my helplessness and ability to be picked up, held, or, dare I say, "put away" when the bigger person has other things to do, I become something less than an autonomous human being to them. I wouldn't quite be a pet or a toy to them, but, rather, a responsibility. And when the novelty of a tiny roommate wears off, life would be less glamorous for me, I assume.

But let's take a step back. My roommate is certainly employed full time. So they wouldn't have all day to assist me or do things with me. I'd either have to go to work with them, stay at home and entertain myself, or find myself small-sized work. Let's consider all three options.

First - going to work with my roommate. It might be kind of fun and cute at first. I'd hang out at their office desk when they were in the office, or, more likely, hang out in their bag when they were doing responsibilities where a shrunken woman such as myself might distract everyone else. But I imagine I might be a distraction to my roommate - they need to consistently perform, after all. I might get to chat with them during idle moments or lunch breaks, but otherwise I'd still need something to do. The idea of being their assistant might appeal to me, at least, for some time. And I'd be wary of coworkers who might want to get their hands on me, or, heaven forbid, to be mistaken for someone's stress toy.

Second - staying home. I think the previous few paragraphs illustrate why that might be difficult. The only thing I would be able to do would be to read books, which is fine, and exercise (by running around? Climbing? Unsure). But there's only so much I could read before getting very, very bored.

Third - find myself small-sized work. One wonders what employment for a shrunken woman might look like. We might look to more mundane options (work in a miniature office), which, to me, defeats the purpose of being shrunk. I couldn't work retail, for fear of someone "shoplifting" me. We'll assume in this situation being shrunk is relatively uncommon, yet not particularly notable, so I wouldn't be a celebrity by virtue of my size. So I think there might be a few obvious job candidates for a shrunken woman. The first would be to be a model - plenty of Shutterstock photos utilize size difference for even business contexts, but I imagine there's a lot of potential in advertising, photography, etc. for a shrunken woman. If shrunk IRL, I would prefer to stay away from any and all size fetish production and photos. So, I imagine, while I might be able to make money taking pictures such as the ones on shutterstock, I would likely shy away from this work for fear of my image being used for fetish or pornographic purposes. The same might make me nervous about commercial or advertising work. While, personally, I do enjoy seeing advertisements such as the ChristmascoUK ad from 2014 that feature size, I again would be wary about becoming the object of someone's fetish. So I might try local acting - say, in community plays. I imagine I might make a convenient Tinkerbell, though Peter Pan would eventually leave the stage and I'd have to find some other type of acting job. I would also stay away from jobs such as performing jobs (ex: hiring a "Disney Princess" to go to a party) for fear of being snatched and because I would never, IRL or online, mix shrinking and anybody under the age of 18 for obvious reasons. And I'd certainly reject job offers where someone pays me to be their personal plaything, either hourly or on a long-term basis. I might do something online, such as tutor or teach, but even operating a computer at my size might make this too difficult to be feasible. There are likely other options that I'm not considering, though, if you suggest them, I will likely give you a reason as to why I would reject it. So, we'll assume I'd be an unemployed tiny person. I'd be most qualified to tutor (as I have an advanced degree and have plenty of experience teaching), but I'm not sure I want to commit to being somebody's PhD Barbie. Imagine someone pulling a string on my back and demanding that I recite a useful fact for them!

Since I would be resigned to staying home, we should return to the topic of other responsibilities. Aside from work, I still have to do things like do my laundry, keep my apartment tidy and clean, pay bills, pay taxes, etc. And I have social obligations as well - to keep up with friends and coworkers, to see my family, etc. In my view, the former responsibilities would be altered or eliminated entirely. We'll assume that many of the taxes I deal with could be dealt with by my roommate (as I am now their dependent) and that their cost would be reduced just as much as I am in size. I wouldn't be opposed to cleaning around the house, though there would only be so much I could do. I would probably do laundry by hand just to keep myself busy and because I imagine little doll-sized clothes might not be treated well by a big person's washer and dryer (if they don't get lost, like all of my socks seem to).

The latter, as I touched upon earlier, would also be massively complicated. I would be living with someone I am friends with and trust, and, for the most part, I would only be making social calls with them. I rather like the idea of hanging out with my friends at tiny size, both because my main interest in shrinking is to be easily held and toted around by bigger people, and because doing things we normally do together at a new size might be fun. But I wonder how I would feel if, say, my trusted roommate simply dropped me off at another friend's house? Would I feel like a toy or belonging being loaned from person to person, to be played with and then returned when that person gets bored? Would I feel like an awkward third wheel as the "big people" talk? And how would I make new friends? I would be wary of making new normal sized friends, who might only be looking for a shrunken woman to get their hands on, and the thought of being brought to someone's house to meet a similarly sized shrunken woman seems awkward - I'd feel like I'm a valued toy being brought over for a playdate at best, and, at worst, being forced to hang out with someone based on the fact we share a size alone seems like a recipe for awkward conversation.

And then we get to the topic of treatment. I won't lie - the thought of being shrunk certainly evokes being "doll-sized" for me, and I imagine (and sometimes relish the thought of) my trusted friends sheepishly asking me if they can treat me like a toy. Who wouldn't want to play with a living doll, even once? I'd say yes, undoubtedly. But there's only so much toy treatment I could imagine taking. While it might be fun a few times to let someone larger than me style my hair, or play with my body, or change my outfit, I would only allow very trusted friends to do so, and I would be afraid of them normalizing the thought of me being a toy. At present, my friends like me for who I am. I wouldn't want them to like me for my size, or because they enjoy touching my body and treating me like a playtoy.

I would certainly allow people to hold me. I swoon at the thought of a woman wrapping her hands around me, fingers clutching my torso tightly as my arms and legs dangle outside of her grasp as she considers me a living doll. But that's fantasy - and the topic of realistically shrinking has to divide fantasy and reality. Were I to shrink IRL, I would have to be careful in keeping my current fantasy of shrinking away from the realities of shrinking. I am attracted to women (and only women), though I am not attracted to my friends. I would have to be careful about having them hold me so that I do not accidentally become a miniature creeper, getting off as they tote me around. In fact, if I were to shrink IRL, I would likely attempt to get over the fantasy entirely. But this line of thought is bringing me away from my initial point.

There's a lot more here I want to say and could spend time thinking about, but I'll keep this post short and follow up with another post at another time. If I could permanently shrink in real life, I would likely do so due to the ways it would alter the way I live and because of my interest in being toy-sized. I would most enjoy not having to live a "normal" life full of responsibilities, though this would come at the cost of living independently. Ideally, I would want to live with someone who enjoyed having a shrunken woman as much as I enjoyed being one, though this would be a much larger commitment than both of us might realize at first. I would likely even enjoy being "dressed up" (though I would prefer to handle that myself, most likely), and would devote much of my time towards aesthetic goals. There's a stark difference between how I would want to live as a shrunken woman and the sorts of fantasy scenarios that intrigue me. There are certainly fantasies about being shrunk I would enjoy, but I'd only want to explore them if with a safe person who consented to it - and that would be separate from regular existence as a SW. Just because I might fantasize about some geek doll collector chick making me a part of her collection doesn't mean that's what I would want out of IRL shrinking.

Kooplan
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kooplan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 am

handheadcase wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:15 pm
snip

There's a lot more here I want to say and could spend time thinking about, but I'll keep this post short and follow up with another post at another time. If I could permanently shrink in real life, I would likely do so due to the ways it would alter the way I live and because of my interest in being toy-sized. I would most enjoy not having to live a "normal" life full of responsibilities, though this would come at the cost of living independently. Ideally, I would want to live with someone who enjoyed having a shrunken woman as much as I enjoyed being one, though this would be a much larger commitment than both of us might realize at first. I would likely even enjoy being "dressed up" (though I would prefer to handle that myself, most likely), and would devote much of my time towards aesthetic goals. There's a stark difference between how I would want to live as a shrunken woman and the sorts of fantasy scenarios that intrigue me. There are certainly fantasies about being shrunk I would enjoy, but I'd only want to explore them if with a safe person who consented to it - and that would be separate from regular existence as a SW. Just because I might fantasize about some geek doll collector chick making me a part of her collection doesn't mean that's what I would want out of IRL shrinking.
Love the detailed response! Thank you for taking the time to respond, and put it all out there. You touch upon so many details that I'd not considered, since I was mostly looking at things from a male perspective. Right away you get rid of most of the biggest issues of shrinking. As in, physical laws being broken and such. Instead choosing to focus on more urgent aspects of life at toy size.

Sounds like you've really thought out how life would progress should you ever find yourself shrunk. "Material Concerns", as you put it. When you brought up the shrinking process being not an uncommon occurrence in this world you've come up with, it seems that you'd be willingly going under a shrink ray's beams. Isn't that right? Similar to the movie "Downsizing" in which people can volunteer to be shrunken, for a multitude of reasons. Of course, what you describe as happening after your shrinking is far more compelling than anything that happens in that film!

Certainly, I can understand wanting to escape the supposed responsibilities of everyday life and such. If the opportunity presented itself, and came with the added benefit of getting to experience your fantasy of shrinking. Well, then choosing to do so seems like a no-brainer! Obviously, you understand what you're giving up, but from how you explain it, also the many ways you could continue to live a relatively comfortable life whilst tiny.

What is sort of sad about the more realistic take on your shrinking is coming to realize that you might have to force yourself to drop said fantasy, which is a little harder for me to wrap my head around. Totally get not wanting to be objectified or turned into a glorified fetish star, going down what you outlined as your possible career choices after becoming small. But I mean, you've already got it figured out how you'd like to live as a SW, so you should feel the right to indulge yourself in the best possible outcome of each scenario you presented. Why not also give yourself that partner you mention at the end, who appreciates having you tiny as much as you enjoy being tiny? In this imaginary case, you can have your cake and eat it, too!
Last edited by Kooplan on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

handheadcase
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by handheadcase » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 pm

Kooplan wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 am
What is sort of sad about the more realistic take on your shrinking is coming to realize that you might have to force yourself to drop said fantasy, which is a little harder for me to wrap my head around. Totally get not wanting to be objectified or turned into a glorified fetish star, going down what you outlined as your possible career choices after becoming small. But I mean, you've already got it figured out how you'd like to live as a SW, so you should feel the right to indulge yourself in the best possible outcome of each scenario you presented. Why not also give yourself that partner you mention at the end, who appreciates having you tiny as much as you enjoy being tiny? In this imaginary case, you can have your cake and eat it, too!
This is something I'm still thinking about. The lines between fantasy and reality can be blurry in places, and I initially posted my response attempting to convey my thoughts on how I would live if I were voluntarily shrunk IRL at that very moment. My reasoning is that life can't be all fantasy all the time. If I were to make such a decision to shrink permanently, I would want to do so clear-headed and thinking long-term, not because I happened to be titillated by the thought of being felt up by a giantess for a half hour. I wouldn't be opposed to exploring some of my fantasies if I were to shrink, I think, but I think I would find it very difficult to maintain a clear line between "normal life" and "fantasy size stuff", which is relatively easy when it's just a fantasy I explore on the internet.

For example: I'm a big fan of handheld SW pictures. The most frequent size thing I fantasize about is to be grabbed by a giant-sized woman (comparatively, at least) who sees in me a plaything; something she can tote around, touch, and amuse herself with. Sometimes it's as simple as her treating me like a play doll, and other times it is a more physical, lecherous kind of interaction. Both situations are erotic, I suppose. So my concern there is: how do I stop myself from feeling aroused by being shrunk and handled if I'm being handled by a platonic friend? What if I visit a sibling or family member? I could see the association with shrinking and being held only being erotic becoming a problem were I to actually shrink in real life. I would also want to separate fantasy from reality in case something bad happened. There's an erotic appeal to a situation where, for example, where I am accidentally left behind by my roommate and some giant eagerly snatches me up while exclaiming "Wow! My very own shrunken girl!". In case such a situation became reality, I would want to make sure my personal fantasies did not delude me into welcoming such a situation in any way, shape, or form. It would, at the very least, make me feel quite confused.

I would be open to the possibility of exploring these fantasies and urges if shrunk, of course (and believe me, I have plenty of those). I thrill at consensually exploring a situation such as the one I described above. I wouldn't entirely become a prude. But I think dating might be tricky, then, both if I were to attempt to find a partner before shrinking or after. I imagine in either case I might get "used" - someone might only be interested in me because they're interested in having a tiny person to fulfill their fantasy. Or, it might make it easier for me to be objectified. If the size kink becomes the main focus in which I explore sexuality, then I risk associating my size with sensuality, which might make it easier for the relationship to become primarily physical, which could lead to an unhappy relationship. I would give pause here because I might wonder what a breakup would look like for a shrunken woman such as myself. Would I just get locked up and put under guard if my former partner didn't want to let me go? Would they punish me or humiliate me due to my size? Or what if they had harsher size kinks they wished to indulge in that I didn't, and they simply took advantage of my size to live them out? Or what if they simply... gave me away when they got bored with me? Or, worse, what if I got relegated to the status of "plaything" while they began a relationship with a normal-sized person better suited to their needs in a relationship? Plus, I imagine that exploring the fantasy, even when done consensually, can become dangerous if passions run too high. My body would be fragile at this size.

TLDR: I wouldn't be opposed to exploring or indulging fantasy at this size, but it warrants plenty of caution.

Kooplan
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kooplan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:39 pm

handheadcase wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 pm

This is something I'm still thinking about. The lines between fantasy and reality can be blurry in places, and I initially posted my response attempting to convey my thoughts on how I would live if I were voluntarily shrunk IRL at that very moment. My reasoning is that life can't be all fantasy all the time. If I were to make such a decision to shrink permanently, I would want to do so clear-headed and thinking long-term, not because I happened to be titillated by the thought of being felt up by a giantess for a half hour. I wouldn't be opposed to exploring some of my fantasies if I were to shrink, I think, but I think I would find it very difficult to maintain a clear line between "normal life" and "fantasy size stuff", which is relatively easy when it's just a fantasy I explore on the internet.

For example: I'm a big fan of handheld SW pictures. The most frequent size thing I fantasize about is to be grabbed by a giant-sized woman (comparatively, at least) who sees in me a plaything; something she can tote around, touch, and amuse herself with. Sometimes it's as simple as her treating me like a play doll, and other times it is a more physical, lecherous kind of interaction. Both situations are erotic, I suppose. So my concern there is: how do I stop myself from feeling aroused by being shrunk and handled if I'm being handled by a platonic friend? What if I visit a sibling or family member? I could see the association with shrinking and being held only being erotic becoming a problem were I to actually shrink in real life. I would also want to separate fantasy from reality in case something bad happened. There's an erotic appeal to a situation where, for example, where I am accidentally left behind by my roommate and some giant eagerly snatches me up while exclaiming "Wow! My very own shrunken girl!". In case such a situation became reality, I would want to make sure my personal fantasies did not delude me into welcoming such a situation in any way, shape, or form. It would, at the very least, make me feel quite confused.

I would be open to the possibility of exploring these fantasies and urges if shrunk, of course (and believe me, I have plenty of those). I thrill at consensually exploring a situation such as the one I described above. I wouldn't entirely become a prude. But I think dating might be tricky, then, both if I were to attempt to find a partner before shrinking or after. I imagine in either case I might get "used" - someone might only be interested in me because they're interested in having a tiny person to fulfill their fantasy. Or, it might make it easier for me to be objectified. If the size kink becomes the main focus in which I explore sexuality, then I risk associating my size with sensuality, which might make it easier for the relationship to become primarily physical, which could lead to an unhappy relationship. I would give pause here because I might wonder what a breakup would look like for a shrunken woman such as myself. Would I just get locked up and put under guard if my former partner didn't want to let me go? Would they punish me or humiliate me due to my size? Or what if they had harsher size kinks they wished to indulge in that I didn't, and they simply took advantage of my size to live them out? Or what if they simply... gave me away when they got bored with me? Or, worse, what if I got relegated to the status of "plaything" while they began a relationship with a normal-sized person better suited to their needs in a relationship? Plus, I imagine that exploring the fantasy, even when done consensually, can become dangerous if passions run too high. My body would be fragile at this size.

TLDR: I wouldn't be opposed to exploring or indulging fantasy at this size, but it warrants plenty of caution.
There are some things in this fantasy that are fun to imagine, but probably wouldn't be as fun to actually experience. I delve into some darker and rougher aspects with my own SW fantasies, but when I think about doing such things to my shrunken girlfriend, I know my feelings would change. In my case, I only need to keep my own impulses in check. For you, it would surely be a more cautious feeling when you're so small most anybody could do whatever they wanted, right?

And if you were shrunk permanently, with no to ever grow back to your original height, it would effectively mean no way to "turn off" this fantasy. That's certainly an issue, both for your own mind and how you'd be perceived. Hence it now making more sense why you might feel the need to try and quit the fantasy side of shrinking outright were you to actually shrink.

Relationships seem to be the hardest aspect, but if you could choose when to shrink yourself and abandon "normal" life, given enough time I'm sure you could find someone who would be willing to respect your boundaries while also indulging in the aspects of shrinking you'd enjoy. In a way, it's just a more extreme(and 100% permanent) version of couples who live out BDSM lifestyles 24/7. Although, maybe that's not exactly the most comforting way to put it..? Still, for lack of a better analogy, I'd think it is possible to find a partner, albeit with plenty of caution as you mentioned.

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Kooplan wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:40 pm
Sdk wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:55 pm

Right, that's another interesting perspective! Don't suppose adding permanency to the mix would be very appealing if you want to savor her reaction to being made small. Gotta be able to make her normal-sized again, if only for the fact that you could zap her back down to tiny size later on! I'm imagining it as being quite a humorous scenario...

"Thanks for growing me back, you know, you really should ask a girl before you decide to shrink her out of the blue!"

ZAP

"WHAT!? D-DID YOU REALLY JUST SHRINK ME... AGAIN?!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, you got it. Or maybe she and I go find a friend to shrink and play with.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 pm

I would not want to be shrunk permanently, unless it was something close to my avatar character. Super cute, 4 ft or so, with fun pseudoscience powers, and more friends. A tiny adventure might be fun in retrospect, or in imagination, but could easily be too terrifying to enjoy in real life.

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:19 am

Yeah.

I would only like to lose maybe 5 or 6 inches. I'm 5'9". I'd love to be 5'3" or so permanently. Maybe 5'1? I'd like to look up are more peeps really

Fantasy wise, the smaller the better, as long as it's slow or in increments. But I wouldn't want that permanently.
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

slepytyme
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by slepytyme » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:49 pm

For me the kink is a little more psychological. In my writings and stories read its the realization that this is permanent to the tiny that is enticing. What is the tiny thinking, the fear that you have lost something so fundamental as you stature. Will there ever be acceptance to their situation or a long road to bear the transformation. I don't think I'd want it to be permanent an eventual restoration could be given but not for a very long time.