Self-insert or nah?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
littlest-lily
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Self-insert or nah?

Post by littlest-lily » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:16 pm

I'm curious how people think about this! Assuming you fantasize about SW in day to day life, how do you go about thinking through it? Do you imagine it from a bird's-eye view, characters playing out a scene in your mind? Or do you self insert and imagine yourself in the situation? I hope this makes sense.

I personally do both, but it's only since I've started writing stories that I imagine things from a third person, almost more as a writing tool than anything. Otherwise, I'll literally just lay in bed at night and wonder what it would feel like to shrink down into the covers or imagine cuddling in a giant hand, etc etc, or I'll see something in public and imagine what it would be like to be tiny in whatever that situation is. But I've been surprised when talking to friends about their kinks/fantasies (not SW - more "normal" stuff lol) and oftentimes they'll play out stories in their heads without necessarily self inserting.

Just wondering :D
If you’d like to support me and my work, please feel free to leave me a tip and I will be so grateful! https://ko-fi.com/littlestlily

GiantMe
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Self-insert or nah?

Post by GiantMe » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:56 pm

Both for me as well, as a guy, I shrink women down in various ways in a character like a scientist or someone who found a shrink device or potion/serum or the woman is already shrunk being the main character responsible for what happens to the SW. Outside of the situation can be hot too in a voyueristic way seeing a couple deal with the other's shrunken state whether it's M/f or F/f. The first meeting of a shrunken female macrophile and their microphile lover is so exciting to me, both consent or non consent. Not inserting yourself in the scenario or story makes it less personal to the person fantasizing it. It depends on who you want to be in the scene or outside of it. You can pretend to be anyone in the scene to get their pov/perspective even the person behind the scene or plot.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Sorry me and as a male, I tend to put myself in there as the normal sized person while shrinking someone else. However I will frequently have a female co-conspirator in my fantasies whom allows me to explore aspects of shrinking I could not or would not.
For example, I personally am not into the idea of vore- oral, anal, cock or otherwise. I also do not like my nipplea being played with. However, watching a woman use a much smaller woman as a dildo to the point the smaller woman gets lost inside of my partner or watching the smaller woman play with the larger girls nipples is mega hot. In those fantasies I do observe, as myself, but I am also in full control of that partner. I don't tend to wonder how it feels for my partner much beyond will it make her feel good. I don't insert myself into her position, but I do imagine all of the things going on inside of her. More like omniscience than empathy if that makes sense.

Now when a woman in my fantasies gets so small she's no longer visible it becomes more like a movie, with cinematography and stuff. I can see her through these "cameras" and shift my perspective to see her as needed. Sometimes I will even have a "go-between" SW who is able to see the smallest SW and interact with her for me. Again, though, I don't so much become her as I do "drive" her or control her.

shrink_1234
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrink_1234 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:19 pm

littlest-lily wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:16 pm
I'm curious how people think about this! Assuming you fantasize about SW in day to day life, how do you go about thinking through it? Do you imagine it from a bird's-eye view, characters playing out a scene in your mind? Or do you self insert and imagine yourself in the situation? I hope this makes sense.

I personally do both, but it's only since I've started writing stories that I imagine things from a third person, almost more as a writing tool than anything. Otherwise, I'll literally just lay in bed at night and wonder what it would feel like to shrink down into the covers or imagine cuddling in a giant hand, etc etc, or I'll see something in public and imagine what it would be like to be tiny in whatever that situation is. But I've been surprised when talking to friends about their kinks/fantasies (not SW - more "normal" stuff lol) and oftentimes they'll play out stories in their heads without necessarily self inserting.

My thing is that I see women and I imagine them shrunken, as an example some neighbors that I have I imagine that I capture them, or my aunts who shrink and caught them or my co-worker etc.
Or I make up stories I find it very funny

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 pm

littlest-lily wrote:
I don't tend to fantasize about shrinking in everyday life, as I'm basically an online fantasist (ie, I regard it as a private form of creative leisure activity). But I can draw inspiration and ideas from the types of people I know or meet, who I think have interesting personal traits to use for a character in a story. However, I have to admit a self indulgent pleasure of "self inserting" myself into any given story I embark upon, but while I base my character on my own personality, she tends to be a little more colourful and exaggerated than I am in everyday reality. Well she would be wouldn't she, at the size I make "us" lol!

littlest-lily wrote:

I consider you lucky if you can enjoy the fantasy as a personal experience in the way you describe. I've not been so gifted as to be able to do that, and I have to wait for the muse to help when I'm sat at the keyboard. But once in gear I'm usually good to go, whether it's in story mode or creating something visual (in collage). And I'm definitely more comfortable writing in third person, where I can describe the goings on in a slightly voyeuristic sort of way. Which I think suits my style and my needs, and is strangely less embarrassing when I'm featuring myself as a character.

I think it's a great topic you've introduced here. Thank you!
sally g, reincarnated.