12 Story Prompts

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

12 Story Prompts

Post by chaser984 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:54 pm

I'm brainstorming ideas for nonviolent stories where the sw(s) are between 2'6" and 4'. By design, some lend themselves to longer stories than others. Here are a dozen I came up with this morning. Which ones stand out to you? What ideas to you have?

1. An impulsive woman shrinks herself by 2 feet. She failed to plan ahead, neglecting to buy clothes, furniture, transportation, and accessibility equipment for her reduced stature. What does she do to recover from her mistake?

2. Eager to get into the amusement park on the cheap, a woman shrinks herself enough to pass under the height line for a junior admission. The plan backfires when she realizes the admissions are color-coded. She must settle for kiddie rides, having to be with her full-sized friend on many others, and not going on some rides at all.

3. A model makes a niche by shrinking herself to make “collages” of her interacting with mundane objects. What happens when a friend or relative discovers her enterprise?

4. A shrunken woman is at micro-scale and still shrinking when an antidote is administered. Unfortunately, it is not potent enough to bring her back to full height, and its effects wear off over time, causing the shrinking to resume. What is her life like now that she must have a regular supply of this antidote just to remain at a human scale?

5. A take on Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None,” a small group of women arrive at a secluded manor and one by one, begin shrinking. Who is responsible for this? Is there a way to stop it?

6. In a similar vein, a group of four women join a reality TV show where they are shrunk to half their heights. They gain or lose inches as they evaluate each other after completing various challenges.

7. A woman obsessed with building dollhouses and miniatures decides on the ultimate staycation in the dollhouse she has been working on. The shrinking fails somehow, leaving her shrunken, but much larger than she wanted to be.

8. A woman schemes to slip her S.O. a shrinking potion in their drink, but she is found out and compelled to drink it herself.

9. An ABDL is caught between two impulses: her growing distaste for the awkward appearance and sizes of adult-size baby furnishings and clothes, and her apprehension at the prospect of being shrunk.

10. A mother deals with her young daughter’s temper tantrum, calming her down. But the daughter’s ill-advised wish in the heat of her anger causes the mother to start shrinking.

11. Two friends have a significant height disparity, leading to teasing at the shorter one’s expense. After listening to her friend express her frustration and hurt feelings, the taller one decides to make herself the shorter one.

12. By some contrivance, four friends are accidentally and unknowingly exposed to a shrinking agent. Confusion and bonding ensue as they dwindle.

Captainsinbad
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: 12 Story Prompts

Post by Captainsinbad » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:20 pm

I like the 2' 6" to 4' scale, that's very, very refreshing after years of 6" and under stories. The weakest of the scenarios are those where "stuff just happens", stories need a protagonist and an antagonist. The antagonist does not have to be human but without some conflict there is no tension, no emotion which makes for a very dull story.
You have several ideas here with some promise. That is, there is a potential for your main character to find herself where she's in a struggle that includes the fact that she is small as one of the obstacles to overcome.
Off the top of my head, I would say that 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 have the most potential for development based on what you have presented.

3. Works if her enterprise is discovered by a person who would use this as leverage or who is interested in taking advantage of her small size. You could potentially merge this with 9.

5. Lots of ways to go here. Possibly a role reversal thing. The adversary is a very short bullied classmate or frustrated suitor from their past who has discovered a means of cutting them down to size. Almost a Scooby-Doo story.

6. Basic reality show. They are each others adversaries until they discover who's running the show.... see 5.

8. This is a theme that's been explored, which doesn't mean it couldn't be done better. Possibly a very slow shrink in a public setting.

9. Seems like good vehicle for a story that focuses on lose of control and humiliation. Not a fan of water sports or messy diapers myself but you really don't have to go there. Her dream is realized but fulfilling that dream includes a loss of agency and self-determination.

10. Kind of a classic role reversal. The mother could be any authority figure; aunt, teacher, older sister or even baby sitter. Again a slow shrink and the struggle for dominance/control of the situation would be a good central theme.

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm

Captainsinbad wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:20 pm
I like the 2' 6" to 4' scale, that's very, very refreshing after years of 6" and under stories. The weakest of the scenarios are those where "stuff just happens", stories need a protagonist and an antagonist. The antagonist does not have to be human but without some conflict there is no tension, no emotion which makes for a very dull story.
It's finding the tension that I tend to struggle with.

#5. Oh God, you're right. I just came up with "Old Man Withers shrank us at the abandoned amusement park!"

#9. Oh don't worry, I get it. Scat isn't for me. It's just that for reasons I'm sure a therapist could write a book on, I'm drawn to the trappings of infantilism.

Captainsinbad
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Captainsinbad » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:42 am

chaser984 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm

It's finding the tension that I tend to struggle with.
A love triangle is simple enough for your shrunken model/streamer/ABDL girl. Her rival discovers her secret(s) and steals her means of controlling her size. The rival follows her and their common love interest when they are out on a date. She uses the size control to shrink her down while they are out, just a tiny bit at a time but enough to spoil the date. Person to person confrontation follows...
chaser984 wrote:

#5. Oh God, you're right. I just came up with "Old Man Withers shrank us at the abandoned amusement park!"
A sexy, Hannah-Barbera style mystery solving quartette, gradually shrinking out of their clothes in a abandoned amusement park adventure might work very well
chaser984 wrote:

#9. Oh don't worry, I get it. Scat isn't for me. It's just that for reasons I'm sure a therapist could write a book on, I'm drawn to the trappings of infantilism.
I hear you. So, is this another situation for a sexy, Hannah-Barbera style semi-super team might find themselves in an embarrassing little predicament. They have to prevail against the bad guys and get back to normal on their own to preserve their secret identities.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 pm

I got 2 stories I'm writing but not sure if they are good enough for me.

But 5 ideas I would share with you all.

1. A spy shrinks and tries to navigate a house she thought was empty to steal Intel...only the family that was supposed to be gone hasn't just yet. She only has 4 hours before her shrink gadget times out and has to grow back, blowing her cover.

2. A interesting period romcom type of story where a couple meet in the late 90s/early 00s where the woman is a doll sized woman and navigate the issues of a couple staying together where one has such short stature and then...we reveal they have a daughter born in the mid 00s and history has repeated for her.

3. A unique mixture of shrinking and a time loop where a scientist tests shrink tech but ends up also caught in a time loop so she must navigate and crack the time loop... awhile being 4 inches tall.

4. We all know the fantasy about the shrunk babysitter. So what happens after? This idea, we jump forward months or years later when the sexy college student babysitter is now an adult but still doll sized and her charge is older, possibly graduated from high school or college. What happens to their relationship? What about the babysitters parents?

5. A very similar idea to the Amusement park idea, the woman who shrinks to kid size but is a plant to an agency to be an undercover student. It is very similar to the Annie Miles stuff on dA but without the forced into school stuff. By day, she's an undercover student, by night, she's a vertically challenged adult.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 pm
4. We all know the fantasy about the shrunk babysitter. So what happens after? This idea, we jump forward months or years later when the sexy college student babysitter is now an adult but still doll sized and her charge is older, possibly graduated from high school or college. What happens to their relationship? What about the babysitters parents?
You mean something like this?

https://www.deviantart.com/dscarlos/art ... -899166886

(BTW, you guys should give this artist a follow. They've quickly become one of my favorites).

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:00 pm

chaser984 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:54 pm

4. A shrunken woman is at micro-scale and still shrinking when an antidote is administered. Unfortunately, it is not potent enough to bring her back to full height, and its effects wear off over time, causing the shrinking to resume. What is her life like now that she must have a regular supply of this antidote just to remain at a human scale?

5. A take on Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None,” a small group of women arrive at a secluded manor and one by one, begin shrinking. Who is responsible for this? Is there a way to stop it?

12. By some contrivance, four friends are accidentally and unknowingly exposed to a shrinking agent. Confusion and bonding ensue as they dwindle.

4. Fortunately she'll need a smaller and smaller dose as time goes on;)

5. Horror is my favorite genre to merge with shrinking. Mystery works too. There was mention of creating 'tension' and I think those genres generally solve that problem pretty well.

12. I like the simplicity of this. 'by some contrivance' is the perfect start to any shrinking story as far as i'm concerned. Sounds like there could be a lot of baggy clothes in this one.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:12 pm

chocolatejr9 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm
eddiegiantman wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 pm
You mean something like this?

https://www.deviantart.com/dscarlos/art ... -899166886

(BTW, you guys should give this artist a follow. They've quickly become one of my favorites).
Possibly. It becoming a high school or college student could be one way for flashbacks.

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:51 pm

For story #1.

Twist idea, the impulsive woman gets the spell/formula/ray settings wrong. Instead of shrinking by two feet, she shrinks to a height of two feet.

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by lbh » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 am

I had this idea for Guliver in a story. Guliver is bound and taken to the King's Colleseum. There the Queen, behind the King's back, orders Guliver's clothing cut away, impressed with what she sees she orders all but her handmaiden to leave. As the Handmaiden watches the door the Queen strips naked and begins to explore her huge prisoner, soon she is grinding her body up and down his great shaft. Suddenly the Handmaiden warns that the King is approaching. Not anting to be discovered, the Queen hides under his balls, warning the giant not to speak. The King enters with the court Magician, he is amused to see the giant stripped and the Handmaiden "having her peak" and tells her that she will soon see something truly wonderous. The Magian sets out and urn and speaks an incantation, a green smoke rises from the urn and envelopes Guliver, there is the sound of chains dropping and when the smoke clears the Handmaiden is shocked to see Guliver now sno bigger to her than she had been to him. The King hands her a small cage and tells her to gather up the puny giant. As she knelt to gather up the still stunned Guliver she says, "How does it feel to be the most tiny pathetic thing in Lillipute?" not asking him but the very tiny Queen still under his balls. Any thoughts?

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:01 am

lbh wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 am
I had this idea for Guliver in a story. Guliver is bound and taken to the King's Colleseum. There the Queen, behind the King's back, orders Guliver's clothing cut away, impressed with what she sees she orders all but her handmaiden to leave. As the Handmaiden watches the door the Queen strips naked and begins to explore her huge prisoner, soon she is grinding her body up and down his great shaft. Suddenly the Handmaiden warns that the King is approaching. Not anting to be discovered, the Queen hides under his balls, warning the giant not to speak. The King enters with the court Magician, he is amused to see the giant stripped and the Handmaiden "having her peak" and tells her that she will soon see something truly wonderous. The Magian sets out and urn and speaks an incantation, a green smoke rises from the urn and envelopes Guliver, there is the sound of chains dropping and when the smoke clears the Handmaiden is shocked to see Guliver now sno bigger to her than she had been to him. The King hands her a small cage and tells her to gather up the puny giant. As she knelt to gather up the still stunned Guliver she says, "How does it feel to be the most tiny pathetic thing in Lillipute?" not asking him but the very tiny Queen still under his balls. Any thoughts?
I love that scenario. Her reaction when she comes out from under his balls would be priceless

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:54 am

I like the 2'6" to 4' size range too. I like several girls shrunk by the same amount and having to learn to work together to overcome the challenge. I look forward to.
chaser984 wrote:
He shrank one of the girls to the usual 6 inches, but didn't realize that her friends were behind the wall, and shrunk to about 4'. Now the littles have to rescue their even tinier friend!

shrink_1234
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrink_1234 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Captainsinbad wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:20 pm
You have several ideas here with some promise. That is, there is a potential for your main character to find herself where she's in a struggle that includes the fact that she is small as one of the obstacles to overcome.
Off the top of my head, I would say that 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 have the most potential for development based on what you have presented.

3. Works if her enterprise is discovered by a person who would use this as leverage or who is interested in taking advantage of her small size. You could potentially merge this with 9.

5. Lots of ways to go here. Possibly a role reversal thing. The adversary is a very short bullied classmate or frustrated suitor from their past who has discovered a means of cutting them down to size. Almost a Scooby-Doo story.

6. Basic reality show. They are each others adversaries until they discover who's running the show.... see 5.

8. This is a theme that's been explored, which doesn't mean it couldn't be done better. Possibly a very slow shrink in a public setting.

9. Seems like good vehicle for a story that focuses on lose of control and humiliation. Not a fan of water sports or messy diapers myself but you really don't have to go there. Her dream is realized but fulfilling that dream includes a loss of agency and self-determination.

10. Kind of a classic role reversal. The mother could be any authority figure; aunt, teacher, older sister or even baby sitter. Again a slow shrink and the struggle for dominance/control of the situation would be a good central theme.
The 10 thing about the shrunken mothers or aunts catches my attention more

The Grither
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by The Grither » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:45 pm

chaser984 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:54 pm
I'm brainstorming ideas for nonviolent stories where the sw(s) are between 2'6" and 4'. By design, some lend themselves to longer stories than others. Here are a dozen I came up with this morning. Which ones stand out to you? What ideas to you have?

2. Eager to get into the amusement park on the cheap, a woman shrinks herself enough to pass under the height line for a junior admission. The plan backfires when she realizes the admissions are color-coded. She must settle for kiddie rides, having to be with her full-sized friend on many others, and not going on some rides at all.

This one spoke to me so I started this one:

https://shrunken-women-board.com/phpBB3 ... f=9&t=4283
Thanks for the idea!

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:02 am

Sdk wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:51 pm
For story #1.

Twist idea, the impulsive woman gets the spell/formula/ray settings wrong. Instead of shrinking by two feet, she shrinks to a height of two feet.
Yo, that's a solid one: "The formula was mixed for a 52% reduction? I ordered 25%!"

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by lbh » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:05 pm

Another idea: A beautiful Sweedish woman named Ingrid is 6'5" but wishes she were shorter as she wants to be with a man bigger than her. She meets a 5' tall Asian woman at a nightclub, who makes her an offer. Following her into the Ladies Room Ingrid finds the woman has stripped naked, she utters a strange spell and Ingrid shrinks to only 5' while the woman grows to 6'5". They switch clothing and Ingrid goes out into the Nightclub reveling in her new perspective on things. Soon she finds that she is slowly still shrinking and must journey threw the busy nightclub to find the Asian woman with her size before she looses the rest of hers.

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:46 pm

lbh wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:05 pm
They switch clothing and Ingrid goes out into the Nightclub reveling in her new perspective on things. Soon she finds that she is slowly still shrinking and must journey threw the busy nightclub to find the Asian woman with her size before she looses the rest of hers.
With my collection of social phobias, that would make for one hell of a horror or thriller.

frollo
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by frollo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:09 pm

This thread is wonderful and so loaded with great ideas ! Thank you for adding to it .

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:30 pm

frollo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:09 pm
This thread is wonderful and so loaded with great ideas ! Thank you for adding to it .
I'm gald I did it. I'm working out ideas from sdk's suggestion of shrink to two ft instead of by two ft. That's an angle I hadn't thought about.

Also, I'm super happy to be reading Grither's story.

AB23
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by AB23 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Always wanted to write/see a story of what happens when a female cousin gets shrunk around her male cousin…

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by lbh » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:28 am

Had an idea about an Old Actress who was a big star in 50s SciFi movies. At a Horror/Sci Fi convention she is offered a chance to step into a experamental Imager machine that would restore her to the age and looks of one of her classic roles. She chooses the role that she looked her best and made her a Star. She steps into the machine and it transforms her into her greatest character role, "The Fantastic Shrinking Socialite" but works far too well. Now a tiny 6 inch beauty wrapped in only a napkin she finds she has gone from faded starlet to to the rarest of collectables :)

frollo
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by frollo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:11 pm

What a wonderful thread full of ideas and great collaborations! I’ll try to add some of my notes I saved over the years . Little story ideas . Happy New Year already everyone!

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:14 pm

I've got tons of ideas in various states of readiness. Here's just a few:

-A popular girl band, victims of a crazed fan who kidnapped and shrunk them, document how they've picked up their lives since they went on hiatus to deal with their new sizes and prepare for a possible comeback tour.

-The wife of a wacky scientist reaches her breaking point with his antics and calls for a divorce when his latest experiment permanently shrinks her.

-A tall shapely model who makes a living as a GTS clip producer and star finds her career in jeopardy when she suddenly becomes smaller.

-An aspiring actress learns that, in order to land the lead in an upcoming blockbuster, her short-statured co-star has demanded she be shrunk to avoid upstaging him.

-A woman browsing a mysterious store accidentally casts a spell on herself that causes her to shrink slightly. Being a closeted microphile, she begs the store ower to continue shrinking her despite his desperate attempts to hide his magical nature.