I want to know

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
blss
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

I want to know

Post by blss » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:13 am

I want to try to write a SW novel about a college girl who is gradually trained as a pet. I want to know what men want from SW. :?

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: I want to know

Post by i am insane » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:33 pm

That's the thing: it depends broadly on the man, and what that man wants. Universally, a hot woman far smaller than you, whose body you can play with and you can have sex with. Literally everything else is preference, though everything broadly falls into three categories:

Some people want a 'SW' as in a Small Wife, a small woman who lives in their home, the idea of a housewife taken to its logical extreme: she's small, acts independently as her own person, often dressed in clothes either shrunken for her or for dolls, and maybe puts up a 'fight' when whisked away, or makes a show of swooning dramatically, but she's really as happy with the situation as you are. You can talk, argue, disagree, you value her opinions as a human being, and while both of you know that you can do whatever you want to her, and often her independence or freedom can be limited by her situation, you still try to treat her as an equal because you value her as a person.

Some people want a pet. 'Yes, sir', she'll say, or "Yes, master'. Maybe they wander freely in the house, maybe they live in a cage, gilded or otherwise, maybe they're spoiled, but the pet's entire life revolves around their owner. They may be treated well, they may even be listened to to some extent, but the pet is absolutely subordinate to you in virtually all ways, and they know it. There's a degree of autonomy to the Small Wife that is absent in the Pet; they're often completely dependant on their owners for food, water, access to easy bathing and so on, in a world so large and hostile to them, and that basic fact helps enforce the hierarchy. Early on in the 'relationship', there's fun to be had breaking her in, but at the end of the day the pet is the one naked and wearing a collar, and you're the one holding her leash.

Some people want a toy. There is no freedom; there is only a cage, or a box, or your hand as you reach for them to do whatever you want to them. There is no back and forth; you command, and they obey, or suffer the consequences for their disobedience. A toy lives or dies on your whim alone, and they are often expendable to some degree. They live in fear in a way the others won't, will spend large amounts of time on the floor unaccompanied, vulnerable to the feet of the real people that won't know or care to look for them. A pet and a toy are similar in concept, but the pet is valued, or even loved, by their owner, and a toy is is only used by them.

There's some bleed through on each of them, of course, and the exact details depend on the setup, but that's the general idea in a nutshell.
Power is choice.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 am

Ask what the women want from being shrunk.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:25 pm

Prof Sai wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 am
Good point Sai, but does the poster only want the male perpective for some reason?
blss wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:13 am
I want to try to write a SW novel about a college girl who is gradually trained as a pet. I want to know what men want from SW. :?
Not a story theme I'd be particularly interested in readng myself, but I daresay it will appeal to the majority of people in the fetish. So I guess you'll be on a wnnier with it.

i am insane wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:33 pm
That's the thing: it depends broadly on the man, and what that man wants. Universally, a hot woman far smaller than you, whose body you can play with and you can have sex with. Literally everything else is preference, though everything broadly falls into three categories:

Some people want a 'SW' as in a Small Wife, a small woman who lives in their home, the idea of a housewife taken to its logical extreme: she's small, acts independently as her own person, often dressed in clothes either shrunken for her or for dolls, and maybe puts up a 'fight' when whisked away, or makes a show of swooning dramatically, but she's really as happy with the situation as you are. You can talk, argue, disagree, you value her opinions as a human being, and while both of you know that you can do whatever you want to her, and often her independence or freedom can be limited by her situation, you still try to treat her as an equal because you value her as a person.
A well considered reply "I am insane", and the first scenario you describe is just about acceptable for my own tastes. The idea of being a "pet" or a "plaything" has never appealed to me at all, regardless of how kind the "owner" might think he is being. The concept clearly depicts the woman as an object of amusement and pleasure without any choice in the matter, so it's obviously not for (most) female tastes.

The thing is, why are shrinking scenarios usually looked upon as a permanent situation for the woman concerned? I personally find that idea a bit too final and somewhat depressing. Wouldn't a situation where your wife or partner would be willing to be reduced in size for some recreational fun be more interesting? Then afterwards she could be restored to resume your normal relationship with her, until you both felt the urge to use the shrinking device again. :)
sally g, reincarnated.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:25 pm
The thing is, why are shrinking scenarios usually looked upon as a permanent situation for the woman concerned? I personally find that idea a bit too final and somewhat depressing. Wouldn't a situation where your wife or partner would be willing to be reduced in size for some recreational fun be more interesting? Then afterwards she could be restored to resume your normal relationship with her, until you both felt the urge to use the shrinking device again. :)
I think part of it is that shrinking is so extreme it's somewhat logical to think that this isn't something that can just be undone.

More relevantly, though, the shrinking being permanent puts everything in a more serious situation, which makes the tension go up, get you more invested in the story, and the sex scenes even kinkier because it's more than just the kink, more than just Advanced Bondage. Plus, the SW probably needs to be comforted, the man suddenly feels protective.... there's just a lot to work with, there.
Power is choice.

blss
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by blss » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm

i am insane wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:33 pm
If I shrink down to the size where everyone needs to take care of me, I think I am still a pet in essence, although he regards me as a person. But I'm glad that not all men will force SW to help them satisfy their sexual life.
Prof Sai wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 am
At first, I just imagined that I would visit a Habitrail in a smaller size, until I realized that any normal sized person could easily close the cage and take me home as a pet.
Little Sally wrote:
A well considered reply "I am insane", and the first scenario you describe is just about acceptable for my own tastes. The idea of being a "pet" or a "plaything" has never appealed to me at all, regardless of how kind the "owner" might think he is being. The concept clearly depicts the woman as an object of amusement and pleasure without any choice in the matter, so it's obviously not for (most) female tastes.
Indeed, although fantasy is always very interesting, I decided not to shrink to become someone's pet forever. It is terrible to be unable to control my life.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:31 pm

i am insane wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 pm
Little Sally wrote:
I think part of it is that shrinking is so extreme it's somewhat logical to think that this isn't something that can just be undone.

More relevantly, though, the shrinking being permanent puts everything in a more serious situation, which makes the tension go up, get you more invested in the story, and the sex scenes even kinkier because it's more than just the kink, more than just Advanced Bondage. Plus, the SW probably needs to be comforted, the man suddenly feels protective.... there's just a lot to work with, there.
Yes I can see the point you're making there. To be permanently shrunk is certainly a more serious situation for the woman concerned, and with that the added drama and tension you allude to. It'd be like entering a whole new world you hadn't dreamt of or prepared yourself for. And as you say, it's a scenario with many things for a writer to get his/her teeth into. (btw, I'm sorry I haven't read any of your stories yet, but it's due to long standing eye issues I've yet to get resolved).

Saying that, I do dabble in writing myself as well as collage, and have a favourite scenario which doesn't involve permanent shrinking. That can have it's darker elements just the same, where the woman (a wife) is always dependant on her partner to restore her back to normal size. A situation that can make for a rather interesting relationship, where this particular couple is concerned. :)
sally g, reincarnated.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:41 pm

blss wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm
Little Sally wrote:
Indeed, although fantasy is always very interesting, I decided not to shrink to become someone's pet forever. It is terrible to be unable to control my life.
Yes that's the main thing that would worry me too, I'm too fond of my everyday normal life to lose my independance like that.

But anyway blss, I think you've opened up a nice discussion here so thank you for joining us, and I'm sure that whatever you end up writing about will be well received. :)
sally g, reincarnated.

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:18 pm

I can only speak for myself of course, I'm just one guy, however depressingly ordinary I might be. (Late 30's, American, white, cis/het, male.)

In real life, I wouldn't actually want a pet human. But this is fantasy we're discussing, so not only are people's feelings slightly less relevant, they can be whatever (within certain limits,) we fantasizers/authors want them to be.

When I think of my ideal pet sw:
-Her size is in my personal "sweet spot": small enough that she needs to exercise creativity to interact with her environment, but big enough to have meaningful sexual interactions with. This size can vary wildly between people. I personally like my sw's in the 2-to-3-foot range. If you're writing for yourself, go with your ideal size. If you're writing strictly to market, my sense is that most readers prefer 1 foot or smaller.

-She is one of 4 or 5 in my collection/harem.

-She becomes pretty on-board with the idea of being one of my pets. This can be brought about by touching on a deeply-hidden desire or fantasy of her own, a comparison of her full-size life versus her shrunken one, or she got herself into this situation while seeking a sort of adventure.

-I want to be the center of my pets' world. Whenever I leave, they try to stall my departure with whatever pretexts they can invent. When I come home, whatever they were doing, the dishes, gardening, each other, they come running over with genuine smiles directed up at me. Bedtime comes with lots of hugs&kisses, and a little bit of jealousy for the one whose turn it is to share my bed.

So the TLDR is:
-Just big enough to get a good grip.
-She's one of a handful.
-Consenting at some point, then remains so.
-Loves me.

Most of my other ideals are even more specific to my fantasy, and don't really touch on the sw so much as the circumstances around her.
Last edited by chaser984 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobvan
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by bobvan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:46 am

Little Sally wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:41 pm
blss wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm
Little Sally wrote:

Like I put her through MUHAHAHAHA *cough* cough* :mrgreen:

puddinhead
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by puddinhead » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:04 am

So, strictly speaking for myself... The SW's main appeal for me is her "cuteness" I don't really enjoy anything that takes away from that. I don't get a rise out of torture or abuse. Implied peril however, can be most exciting. Objectifying her as an entree is pretty cool too, as long as she remains relatively unhurt.

In your scenario, we're looking at a college girl, presumably an unwitting subject. Consider instead, a housewife as the central character. More worldly, maybe a bit curious about something she's come across on the web. Less likely to walk blindly into some sort of obvious trap. All the while she endures her training, her husband desperately searches heaven and earth for her. Ultimately, he would rescue her (and the rest of the missing women from the neighborhood :evil: ) "Sadly" he's unable to restore any of them. They all must learn to get by as best they can.
Some girls don't like boys like me...but some girls do

coolguy69
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by coolguy69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:55 am

I'm a man who enjoys wholesome-giant stuff, so any situation where "woman small" and a woman keeps her clothes on, is my jam :D The pet stuff is your stuff, so of course feel free to include that in your story!

It doesn't matter if it's set in college or not - but that certainly sparks some ideas :)

Maybe she's getting a bad grade, and her classmate helps her out - for a price? She knows she needs to graduate, and *thinks* the size change is temporary, but she's not sure... and her desperation to graduate is growing...

Maybe she's found a new fraternity to join, called "PET", but thinks nothing of it. When she joins the party, she's the only female there, but soon finds out why - the rest have already been shrunken and kept! Or maybe the rest know about it and she's the odd person out!

Maybe she's getting great grades, looks pretty, and is confident af. Her female friends are jealous of all the attention she's getting. They find a way to shrink her, slowly, and surely. But all it does is get her more attention from the men around her. At her tiny stature, she's still nailing it through the support of her guy-friends, and she's also found one guy who's most attractive and wants him to control her ;)

I think overall, any story works, I would write it from your point of view and how you'd like to be shrunken and kept. If you don't want it forever, you can always make that a part of it in your story. Maybe the guy is a friend of hers, and can control when she's tiny and not - and makes her normal sized when she has to go to classes, but when she's around home, he feels like shrinking her down to size ;)

blss
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by blss » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:49 pm

chaser984 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:18 pm
-She becomes pretty on-board with the idea of being one of my pets. This can be brought about by touching on a deeply-hidden desire or fantasy of her own, a comparison of her full-size life versus her shrunken one, or she got herself into this situation while seeking a sort of adventure.

-I want to be the center of my pets' world. Whenever I leave, they try to stall my departure with whatever pretexts they can invent. When I come home, whatever they were doing, the dishes, gardening, each other, they come running over with genuine smiles directed up at me. Bedtime comes with lots of hugs&kisses, and a little bit of jealousy for the one whose turn it is to share my bed.
It's very lovely to use goodwill to influence SW to become a pet voluntarily, especially when I realize that I can't extricate myself from the unintentional relationship with my pet. That strange emotion especially excites me.
puddinhead wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:04 am
So, strictly speaking for myself... The SW's main appeal for me is her "cuteness" I don't really enjoy anything that takes away from that. I don't get a rise out of torture or abuse. Implied peril however, can be most exciting. Objectifying her as an entree is pretty cool too, as long as she remains relatively unhurt.

In your scenario, we're looking at a college girl, presumably an unwitting subject. Consider instead, a housewife as the central character. More worldly, maybe a bit curious about something she's come across on the web. Less likely to walk blindly into some sort of obvious trap. All the while she endures her training, her husband desperately searches heaven and earth for her. Ultimately, he would rescue her (and the rest of the missing women from the neighborhood :evil: ) "Sadly" he's unable to restore any of them. They all must learn to get by as best they can.
I also don't like the story of violence against SW (just my personal view). I'm curious whether her husband will only take her or all of them in this story.
coolguy69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:55 am
Maybe she's found a new fraternity to join, called "PET", but thinks nothing of it. When she joins the party, she's the only female there, but soon finds out why - the rest have already been shrunken and kept! Or maybe the rest know about it and she's the odd person out!
What a lovely story. Maybe at the beginning, she would be very shy and regret joining them, but when she was praised by the host, she felt happy. I hope she can integrate with them as soon as possible.

coolguy69
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by coolguy69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:57 pm

blss wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:49 pm
What a lovely story. Maybe at the beginning, she would be very shy and regret joining them, but when she was praised by the host, she felt happy. I hope she can integrate with them as soon as possible.
Yes, she's clearly being a good girl for joining the fraternity :) Integration would take some time for both parties once she starts shrinking, but I'm sure it would be a fun process for everyone involved :)

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:37 pm

To sum it up, is total control and lust, but as other people said, it depends so much on each Giant
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica