A Shrinking Method

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
GirlShrinker25
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

A Shrinking Method

Post by GirlShrinker25 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:53 pm

Let's have a discussion. What is your favorite method when it comes to shrinking a woman? Rather it be shrink rays, magic, or something unique.

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: A Shrinking Method

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:22 pm

I like when shrinking is tied to a state of mind, like when a character shrinks because she's embarrassed (Ally McBeal) or ridiculed.

I think the old British Girl Comics had a few unique twists as well...

* When in contact with water
* Washing powder or chemicals
* When hot
* Revenge spells and curses
* Random / uncontrolable shrinking (the best!)

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:06 pm

Shrinking is only one aspect of SW. Other concepts are being a tiny human species in a normal world, as in Borrowers, invading giants such as in Gulliver or being "normal" sized but traveling to a giant world such as Land of the Giants. Shrinking, however, adds the psychological stress of everything that was normal before, is now supersized to you. How the shrinking occurs, by "natural" causes such as a virus, accidental radiation exposure, magic, "shrink ray", is simple a tool to support the rest of the story, such as the zombies being the cause of the apocalypse in "TWD". The meat of the story is how the shrinkee copes and manages the situation they find themselves in.

GirlShrinker25
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by GirlShrinker25 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:41 pm

foreverlurk wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:22 pm
I like when shrinking is tied to a state of mind, like when a character shrinks because she's embarrassed (Ally McBeal) or ridiculed.

I think the old British Girl Comics had a few unique twists as well...

* When in contact with water
* Washing powder or chemicals
* When hot
* Revenge spells and curses
* Random / uncontrolable shrinking (the best!)
Omg! You're just like me. A character shrinks whenever she feels small. That is literally my favorite method of shrinking for any character. Male or Female.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:32 am

DocRick wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:06 pm
Shrinking is only one aspect of SW. Other concepts are being a tiny human species in a normal world, as in Borrowers, invading giants such as in Gulliver or being "normal" sized but traveling to a giant world such as Land of the Giants. Shrinking, however, adds the psychological stress of everything that was normal before, is now supersized to you. How the shrinking occurs, by "natural" causes such as a virus, accidental radiation exposure, magic, "shrink ray", is simple a tool to support the rest of the story, such as the zombies being the cause of the apocalypse in "TWD". The meat of the story is how the shrinkee copes and manages the situation they find themselves in.
Agreed, in principal at least.

For me it's about the reality of finding yourself reduced in size, but not in a gradual slow shrinking "Oh woe, what's happening to me?" kind of way. It has to be something unexpected in a non-consensual form of scenario, or even something you've agreed upon with a (trusted?) partner who you assume will take care of you in your reduced size state.

Sorry I digress. The method I prefer employed is a scientifically proven (or experimental) shrinking device. Which reduces the subject as she is, and doesn't deprive her of what she happens to be wearing at the time.

Most other methods/fantasies don't interest me.
sally g, reincarnated.

gtquik702
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by gtquik702 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:39 am

Portals or anything science related for me!

HHunter1
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by HHunter1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:27 am

Myself I tend to use Sci-Fi science. Rays are common as well as teleporting devices. I started a story using portals but never posted any of it anywhere. But I don't limit my stories to these methods. In different stories involving shrinking I have used magic. Both spell and device. Most recently for a commission I even did shrinking out of clothes for the first time.

I have yet to use virus or chemical shrinking. Realizing that now might have started my imagination to tinker with concepts. Gah I'm too easy to get ideas in my head. My brain is like that with getting songs stuck as well. I really have to watch out for that. πŸ˜›

I think I'm open to most shrinking methods. But yeah, mostly rays and teleporters.

HH1

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:13 am

I concur that stories about the naturally-tiny are qualitatively different than those about the newly-tiny. I write both, but I have a fondness for the disorientation of the latter.

My shrinking methods are roughly equally divided between tech (rays/fields) and magic (spells/items), with the odd potion thrown in for flavor. I've never tried using "untargeted" methods like a virus/disease, and I really ought to explore that sometime.

Technological shrinking works well because of its flexibility. Unless constrained by plot considerations, this method is reliable, repeatable, and usually reversible. It can also happen to anyone at any time or by accident. Because the technology is the result of applied science, it is less mysterious than magic.

Magical shrinking is scarier because its source of power is poorly understood or not understood at all. It might require certain conditions or the cooperation of inhuman creatures. It could be divine or diabolical in origin, out of human control. There might be no obvious way to reverse magical shrinking, and if there is it's usually more difficult to achieve than the original effect.

Shrinking out of clothes is usually restricted to those methods that work via biological processes: potions, serums, gasses, mutations.

One of my favorite technological shrinking gadgets is a phone app that looks like a camera but you just resize her on the screen and voilΓ ! she's resized in real life. I've pocketed her before anyone knows what's happening.
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.

Queen Skadi
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Queen Skadi » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:17 pm

To be honest I am not particularly fussy so long as it makes sense in the context of the story, though admittedly I am partial to stories with a more natural size difference between creatures, fantasy stories with creatures who are either naturally big or naturally small rather than being that way due to a size changing process, such as Gulliver's Travels, the Borrowers or fantasy stories with fairies and giants.

In regards to shrinking methods though I suppose I am more a fan of magic or the good old shrink ray or shrinking chamber, something that allows the clothes to change size with them though not completely against the shrinking out of clothes thing.

One thing I am not so much a fan of is things like the "shrinking virus" or something like that where certain people start shrinking for some unknown reason while others stay big, there needs to be a more deliberate aspect to the shrinking process, whether it is purposely afflicted on somebody by somebody else or even an accident where somebody was playing with something they probably shouldn't have and started to shrink as a result.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:31 pm

I never had a preference, until around 5 or 6 years ago, when I became a huge fan of The Shrinking Virus. So many cool stories & pics dealing with those topsy-turvy alternate worlds.

Captainsinbad
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Captainsinbad » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:13 pm

The Transporter malfunction concept or something similar to Bare_Faced_Cheek's "Miniportation" series offers a lot of interesting possibilities. I know of a writer who is working on a story concept that would involve this sort of technology gone wrong. And there's the remote possibility of a version rendered in 3D in the distant future.

Captainsinbad
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Captainsinbad » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:19 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:31 pm
I never had a preference, until around 5 or 6 years ago, when I became a huge fan of The Shrinking Virus. So many cool stories & pics dealing with those topsy-turvy alternate worlds.
Do you know this one?

https://www.deviantart.com/sallyfourth/ ... -877290112

chaser984
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by chaser984 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:47 pm

I prefer some sort of magic spell or curse, or a shrink ray--ideally self-invented.

Sumguy14
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Sumguy14 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Captainsinbad wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:13 pm
The Transporter malfunction concept or something similar to Bare_Faced_Cheek's "Miniportation" series offers a lot of interesting possibilities. I know of a writer who is working on a story concept that would involve this sort of technology gone wrong. And there's the remote possibility of a version rendered in 3D in the distant future.
I'm glad you like my story.
Neat!

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:47 pm

I prefer a potion, solution, or serum. Either ingested, injected, or absorbed into the body. This way, the lady will surely shrink out of her clothes.

ClipCarson
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by ClipCarson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:07 pm

Shrinking and clothing ... In certain scenarios I like the idea of the woman shrinking and being naked. But in other scenarios, I prefer the clothing to shrink with them. If it's a superheroine I like, or a close friend I'm roleplaying with, then I'm more inclined to keep em clothed. More emotional attachment means more modesty allowed (or insisted upon).

ClipCarson
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by ClipCarson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:08 pm

Having said that, some type of electromagnetic device is best ... I like a little light show with my little women. πŸ˜‰

behave005
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by behave005 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:33 am

I like the method to sound plausible. Weather it be science or magic.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:11 am

ClipCarson wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:07 pm
Shrinking and clothing ... In certain scenarios I like the idea of the woman shrinking and being naked. But in other scenarios, I prefer the clothing to shrink with them. If it's a superheroine I like, or a close friend I'm roleplaying with, then I'm more inclined to keep em clothed. More emotional attachment means more modesty allowed (or insisted upon).
A classy male perspective for a change, Mr Clip ;)

Well said.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:23 am

Little Sally wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:11 am

Well said.
I agree with Mr. Clip. It's like your average Hallmark movie. Damsel in distress becomes dependent on new male acquaintance, then falls in love and gets naked. Sexy. With the SW aspect, "assisting" in the undressing while SW is sitting in my hand is one of my favorite scenarios.

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by shrinky » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:24 am

Has to involve process. I am a huge fan of The Incredible Shrinking Woman, and I only like scenarios that are adjacent to that. I love baggy clothes, and generally interacting with familiar objects that are oversized, but especially clothes. My favorite story is called Shrunk by an author named Tom Holland (not the actor).

https://www.amazon.com/Shrunk-Tom-Holla ... C97&sr=8-1

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:06 am

Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:23 am
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:11 am

Well said.
I agree with Mr. Clip. It's like your average Hallmark movie. Damsel in distress becomes dependent on new male acquaintance, then falls in love and gets naked. Sexy. With the SW aspect, "assisting" in the undressing while SW is sitting in my hand is one of my favorite scenarios.
Yes, that's much more erotic than being naked from the get go, or apearing nude from under a pile of clothing you've shrunk out of (can't abide slow shrinking, yuck!).

Thing is, even when you shrink in whatever you happen to be wearing, the end game is usually predetermined by the relationship the parties have.

Personally I love the tease element involved. In the illustration below for example, the husband may indeed have his little wife (or girlfriend) at the size he adores, but neither take it for granted he will do what he wants with her (although he easily could of course). It's just so much more fun to observe some niceties, and have some teasing little exchanges of conversation.. :D

https://sta.sh/01b30gv4qvi6
Last edited by Little Sally on Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:39 pm

Helping her undress would be sexier than just watching or shrinking out of clothes, in my humble opinion.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Helping her undress would be sexier than just watching or shrinking out of clothes, in my humble opinion.
(image)
Well in theory at least lol!

Trouble is Doc, you've got such small size preferences, you'd need to have her full cooperation for safety reasons. It's slightly less of an issue at doll-size.

Anyway, what's the big deal about letting her do it herself? She's hardly likely to fake a headache at the size you have her! :lol:
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:15 pm

Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:02 pm
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Well in theory at least lol!

Trouble is Doc, you've got such small size preferences, you'd need to have her full cooperation for safety reasons. It's slightly less of an issue at doll-size.

Anyway, what's the big deal about letting her do it herself? She's hardly likely to fake a headache at the size you have her! :lol:
If she is still wearing the clothes she was wearing when shrunk, the material is like tissue paper. If she wants to keep her clothes, it would be best to cooperate. :lol: