What is your ideal "play" with SW, or as a SW?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
EhnVee
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

What is your ideal "play" with SW, or as a SW?

Post by EhnVee » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:13 pm

If you had a real SW, or you shrank down to a SW, what would you want to happen?
In what context would this take place?
Who is involved, and why?

What kind of thoughts or feelings are most prominent when imagining this preferred scenario?

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: What is your ideal "play" with SW, or as a SW?

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:01 am

I think the answers to your question is answered in the collages, AI pictures and stories submitted by the members of this forum. It would probably take an entire page to list all the possibilities separately.

EhnVee
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by EhnVee » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:04 am

I'm less interested in viewing the content. I can do that any time, but it doesn't help me understand why we are here. Or what motivates someone to create, or find specific SW content. Or if there's any repercussions to engaging with said content. For example, is anyone substituting this board for real socialization? How would we know if not asking?

I'll share my thoughts to hopefully adequately explain what I am getting at. (NSFW warning)

There's dark themes in what I want, which results in me largely not wanting to share them. Even though I've written a decent amount of vignettes, I wouldn't want that kind of content to be "normalized". Of course there's ways to express kinks such as humiliation, and domination in a safe and healthy way. But it's never okay to advocate for non-consent, especially with minors.

Even with this view, I enjoy the idea of a son finding his mother reduced to 4-8 inches tall, then taking her quietly back to his room without resistance. I like when an authority figure, such as a boss or teacher, is placed in the hands of a student, or subordinate.

For me, it's difficult enough finding M/f content, but it's even more challenging to find:
1) A SW discretely being transported in an eager young male's underwear.
2) Hand wrapped around SW waist, or body for transportation.
3) Placing SW in submissive positions, such as bent over, or legs spread to access intimate areas.
4) SW placed in mouth, and sucked on.
5) SW used for masturbation despite the violent, squeezing, lack of care.

There's this recurring question: is this content beneficial to take part in? Because the objectification and boundary breaking found in these stories/images could reinforce, or empower an individual to treat women as a tool for sexual gratification.

Not everyone will see it this way, especially older members who discern where fantasy ends, and reality begins. But for the people who are young, isolated, in an echo chamber, and longing for a gf; they are especially vulnerable to this kind of content.

I'm not saying looking at a picture is going to make anyone a callous, abusive criminal. But the subtle way we view and interact with people could easily skew, making it difficult to actually connect to another human being. If you are led to believe the only way to be with a woman is by shrinking them, otherwise you would be lonely, is that not an issue?

What are your thoughts?

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:10 am

Again, the answers are so widely varied, it could take forever for every different scenario to be discussed. I read an article a very long time ago (shortly after Kong 76 came out, that called it the "King Kong" theory. For the guy, the giant, it's a desire to dominate or protect the female. For the gal who fantasizes about being tiny, it could be the desire to be taken care of or the desire to act out sexual fantasies that society says are forbidden, and since she is too small to resist, it's forgivable. (This was not long after the celibate 1950's where on television married couples had to sleep in twin beds) Of course, this was one guys thoughts, but it does make some sense. From there, it goes everywhere. A guy who has been slighted by a female figure or females, to include mothers and teachers, and wants revenge. Or a guy who just wants a female he can care for and protect, even if it's against her will.

As far as the fantasy crossing over to reality, shrinking is impossible so it can't. Now, I personally go for the 3- to 6-inch-tall females which obviously cannot be recreated in real life. Anything between 2- and 4-feet tall smack of child abuse to me so it turns me off, though others may be fine with it. Just personal preference and my past experiences investigating child molesters make it distasteful for me. This concept of SW could be transferred to real life with a child, so I don't care for it and don't participate in that size fantasies.

Regarding real life and fantasy life relationships. I was married for 20 years and into SW way before I was married. SW was never brought up by in the marriage and no effect on it, though it did help me get through sex when I was tired or not in the mood. My wife was a foot shorter than me and half my body weight, so it was easy to fantasize a bit during sex. For younger guys and gals now.......get your asses out and meet people. Learn to dance, roller skate, ski, something that you can meet someone with similar interests and unless she gets hot watching King Kong, just keep your fantasies to yourself.

Finally, following on the last paragraph, many people, teen to thirty's cannot connect with others except by messaging or chatting on their phones and have no microphilia ideologies at all, so I think it's irrelevant in this arena. Turn off the phone, look him or her in the eyes and actually TALK.

EhnVee
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by EhnVee » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:51 am

DocRick wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:10 am
Again, the answers are so widely varied, it could take forever for every different scenario to be discussed.
There's value to discussing topics with nuance. If there wasn't much to cover, it wouldn't be a very good topic. Otherwise there wouldn't be potential to change views by seeing another perspective. All I have is what I gathered. Just like you, I hesitate to talk to anyone about these things, even if I trust them. So how do I know my own interpretations are accurate?
DocRick wrote:
As far as the fantasy crossing over to reality, shrinking is impossible so it can't.
I think if people are getting off to the idea of overpowering women, then crossover into the real world is possible. You mentioned the "toddler range" of height, and your SO who is 1 foot shorter than you. Those heights are tangible outside of fantasy, and a characteristic predators exploit. If one were to make this as "real" as possible, I imagine they would target the smallest women/girls in their life. And if they are reading about certain elements such as, "the way she squirmed made it feel better", that's actually something rapists say.
DocRick wrote:
many people, teen to thirty's cannot connect with others except by messaging or chatting on their phones and have no microphilia ideologies at all, so I think it's irrelevant in this arena.
I speculate they have other ideologies they fall into, such as the red/black pill. Doesn't mean we can't examine if SW is a safe way to release pent-up sexual frustration. The new generation grew up with social media, when that was unheard of for me.

We are also seeing an increase in young men who never had sex, so if they are the ones who gravitate towards this board, I'd like to start a conversation at least.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:20 am

Just looking it at it from my point of view and the limited releases from a few other people on this board. My collages and stories don't always reflect the me inside. There are things I portray that I would actually never do to an SW because my conscience wouldn't permit me, but I can do it via picture with no remorse simply because it's not real. Five inches and five feet is a world of difference so even the shortest adult women would not be the same. You say "target the smallest women/girls in their life".......again, as I stated earlier, this would lead to child abuse and is why the "toddler" size SW does not appeal to me. The purpose of this fantasy and the sharing of it between people with the same feelings as you, would probably do more to prevent the actual acting out the fantasy in the real world.

All that said, what I find more intriguing is the ladies who want to be tiny. I've roleplayed to two stories with ladies on this forum. One was brutal and sexual and the other was sweet and gentle. I took on the roles I perceived they wanted me to take, though we never really got into the why's of the fantasy.

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:11 am

DocRick wrote:
get your asses out and meet people. Learn to dance, roller skate, ski, something that you can meet someone with similar interests and unless she gets hot watching King Kong, just keep your fantasies to yourself.
I tried that. :(

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:26 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:11 am
DocRick wrote:
get your asses out and meet people. Learn to dance, roller skate, ski, something that you can meet someone with similar interests and unless she gets hot watching King Kong, just keep your fantasies to yourself.
I tried that. :(
Me too. Sometimes it works, other times you have to switch to a different activity. When I was 19, I learned how to couple dance western style. It was very successful in meeting girls over the next 10 or so years, some of them stayed only as friends and dance partners, some lead to romance and one to marriage. Since my divorce, most of my activities were those that were very male dominated so the chances of meeting single women was very limited. For the past ten years, I had this dog that loved live music at bars, breweries and concerts and he was the perfect icebreaker with women of widely variated ages. Sadly, he passed away almost a year ago and I can no longer go to these type events without getting so depressed, I want no human contact there. Moving on to another, I found a very female dominated activity, but by now, I'm so set in my single ways, I've lost interest in meeting anyone for a long-term relationship.

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by kira123 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:50 pm

DocRick wrote:
Sometimes it's really hard to find the right soulmate out there nowadays when you're not worried about diseases, or worse, getting cancelled. 🙁

Though, I'm sure I'll find me the right girl outside of this crazy country somewhere. I've waited and endured the loneliness for over 30 years, and I haven't given up yet.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:57 pm

It's nice to have a topic that actually explores the serious side of the fantasy, as opposed to asking for video clips or how disappointing the latest movie was etc, so well done on starting one.

I've long considered the shrinking of women a typically male dominated fantasy, which goes back decades to the early days of monster movies and pulp cover artworks and beyond. And I'd hazard a guess that the majority of women don't 'get' why men would like the idea, or don't care and just accept that it's a weird kind of male fetish. Though speaking for myself, I've always found male idiosyncrasies fascinating, so that eventually steered me into having some empathy with men and their fantasies. So I do understand all the erotic implications the subject has for its devotees, though the way they're explored differs so widely it's not always to the taste of everyone. And sadly, I've found subtlety is rarely a requirement for a lot of people with this fetish.
EhnVee wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:13 pm
If you had a real SW, or you shrank down to a SW, what would you want to happen?
In what context would this take place?
Who is involved, and why?

What kind of thoughts or feelings are most prominent when imagining this preferred scenario?
Well my preferred context would be consensual for starters, and ideally between two people in a close relationship (ie, married or just living together). I've explored this avenue many times in writing and occasionally in collaged art, though much of it hasn't been shared, But the idea a couple would use a shrinking device to have a little leisure time fun with, has always intrigued me. And that implies that the shrinking is of a temporary nature (thanks to the clever device being able to restore the subject also), so when the fun is over the woman can resume her normal sized duties and day to day wifely routine. I consider this as offering the best of both worlds for the participants, though for many who like a permanently shrunken woman, it would be a turn off.

That's where I'm different to some women who claim this to be their fantasy, because I'd hate to be doll sized for the rest of my life, for the loss of my freedom alone. Not to mention the indignity of being regarded as a pet or plaything, and all the burdens that would place on someone else who had to care for me. No, I like my independance far too much for that kind of scenario.

But choosing to be small at an agreed time of choosing with a trusted partner, would be enormous fun. And let it be clear, I'd very much need to trust him in a lot of ways, because at the end of the day he alone would hold the means to restore me back to normal. So that strongly implies, that I'd be agreeable to transfer (or surrender) power to another person under those conditions. Which I find strangely erotic for some reason.

What kind of thoughts and feelings would I have when reduced? Well I confess they'd be mainly self indulgent ones. I'd be well aware I'd appear as cute as a button to my normal sized partner and make the most of that fact, not least with what I might choose to wear (and yes, the device in use also shrinks the clothing one is wearing, so the embarrassment of appearing naked from the get go doesn't apply in this scenario, thankfully). So I'd consider myself attractive and quite capable of turning my normal sized husband on, in spite of the fact I'd be Barbie size or slightly smaller. Because a wife is still a wife regardless of her size, right? And I'd find that thought quite empowering, and I don't think it would phase me being very small.

I'd imagine us just generally messing around and having fun with the idea, like playing games of cat and mouse where he'd stalk me around around a room and I'd do my best to hide from him, or possibly acting out some scene from a terrible B movie. There'd be lot's of corny dialogue involved and plenty of awful acting, but with no one else to see us who would care. And of course, he'd always corner me and capture me in the end. Where he'd inevitably have his wicked way with me if I've played my cards right!

But of course that would be the whole point of it all. Because I'd learned over time, that my partner had developed a particular liking to 'have me' while I was small, and that our role playing games would inevitably lead to my seduction. Which I have to admit, is a highly recommended experience for a woman!

I'd be at risk of writing an essay to further describe the attractions I've just touched upon, so I hope that will suffice for now. :)
Last edited by Little Sally on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 pm

And you just explained to me why a female might fantasize about being shrunk and why I cannot understand it. TRUST. In my line of work(s), I have learned that no one can be completely trusted. We have a saying among us police officers:

I trust you with my life, but stay the hell away from my money, my car and my wife."

This doesn't even count the evil I've witnessed on the job or in the military. Soldiers, mercenaries or terrorists that actually enjoy killing other human beings, inflicting as much pain and terror as possible before the final slaying. People who would kill someone for a twenty dollar bill. People who would prostitute their kids for a rock of crack. People who will smile in your face while contemplating how to kill you. Backstabbers who will take something you say and turn it against you. The evil the human animal is capable of is mind boggling. Most people only experience this in movies, books or fantasy. Those who have experienced it and managed to survive can never forget it.

This "wisdom" (the knowledge of the evil capable of the human beast) I've acquired over my life enables me to dream up things that I would never even consider doing if I had the opportunity to have a fantasy realized, such as an encountering an SW. Even so, as "Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely", I cannot with all honesty say that my Dark Side wouldn't emerge, and I take advantage of an SW. I would like to see me as a benevolent rescuer, I had been tempted to take advantage of a few of the females I had actually "rescued" from say, a domestic violence situation. Fortunately, I was too smart to do so, even refusing to when the victim initiated such a dally. Was it honor that prevented me from taking advantage of such a situation or was the decision based on wisdom? Honestly, I'm not sure. But, since I no longer work in that field, I don't have this temptation anymore.

Understanding the male side of this fantasy is easy. The extremists (pain inducers, vore enthusiasts, etc) may have been hurt by females and hopefully this is how they cope with it, though there are better ways. The others, it could be a number of things. Fear of being hurt may lead "us" to wanting to have an SW but without the fear of rejection. Did the writers of LOTG have a small person fetish? Probably not. The basis of any of these types of shows, from LOTG to The Walking Dead are always the same, people thrust into a survival situation, whether giants, zombies or dinosaurs are the protagonist, and how they struggle to survive. Even The Borrowers have some humans as threats, but others are saviors and have a Mf as the primary interspecies relationship. (And why I always get mad at the giant that threatens to kill Valerie or Betty !!!!!!! How could they even consider that? Both are so hot as tiny females it would be such as waste, as when James tells Arrietty "What would be the point?" when she asks him if he is going to eat her) Finally, the 'Net gives us the anonymity to express ourselves with no one being able to find out who we really are and use it against us.

You've heard of the Serial Killer triade? Bedwetting, fire starting and abusing animals are traits linked to nearly every serial killer's childhood. Don't worry. I've never abused an animal. :D I really think this type of forum, sharing pictures and stories with other beings with this interest or fetish, would do more to prevent someone from transferring the fantasy to reality and become the monster they create in their minds.

Just my opinion.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:32 pm

DocRick wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 pm
And you just explained to me why a female might fantasize about being shrunk and why I cannot understand it. TRUST. In my line of work(s), I have learned that no one can be completely trusted. We have a saying among us police officers:

I trust you with my life, but stay the hell away from my money, my car and my wife."
Ok on that Doc, and the rest of what you had to say.

I guess it's one of the reasons I treat this fantasy as a purely online pastime, and focus what I can get out of it artistically. I've no real wish to delve into the psychological reasons why people are attracted to it, or what their real personalities are like (unless they want to talk about it), because how I portray myself on here has no relevance to how I am in real life. So I suppose I assume that's the case with most people who pursue this fetish, though.. maybe not everyone.

What intrigues me is the interest some have in VSW. I've always found that slightly disturbing and fail to understand the attraction it has, even as a fantasy. But learning more about why it appeals to some people, would probably involve discussions I'd rather not have to be honest. And some things are best left alone methinks.

Yes, trust. That's an essential ingredient in my own naive little fantasy, taking place behind closed doors in a safe benign environment. Though I suppose I'd have problems if I discovered he was having a secret affair on the side, with the weaponry he has at his disposal lol!

But perish that particular thought! :lol:
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:55 am

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:32 pm

What intrigues me is the interest some have in VSW. I've always found that slightly disturbing and fail to understand the attraction it has, even as a fantasy. But learning more about why it appeals to some people, would probably involve discussions I'd rather not have to be honest. And some things are best left alone methinks.

Exactly.

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:03 pm

I've been observing online size fantasy for almost thirty years, and in my experience no two people arrive at size fantasy by exactly the same path or looking for exactly the same thing. It is perfectly reasonable (and probably should be expected) that others are into aspects of size fantasy that you find repellent, baffling, or just plain dumb. We don't all share the same gene sequence or formative experience that "explains" us. Trying to assert boundaries between "normal" or "majority" size fantasy (or Shrunken Women fantasy) and "extreme" or "violent" subgenres is unhelpful at best.

One thing I will assert is that what you fantasize about says absolutely nothing about who you are. The human mind is never so simple, and it can contain a universe of ideas, many of which are bound to be unsavory. Female fans of SW are already familiar with being told that their fantasies oppress or infantilize women. Male fans of SW are told that this fantasy normalizes rape. This is simplistic and ignorant. You can enjoy "problematic" fantasies and still be a good person.

From my blog:
I am a full-on feminist. I espouse and practice affirmative and enthusiastic consent among real people. I support dignity, respect, and justice for all people everywhere. I abhor cruelty, dehumanization, and bullying, whether they are committed by individuals, institutions, nations, or faiths. I also sometimes get off to fantasies of shrinking, kidnapping, raping, and eating women (sometimes it’s the other way around).
For more on this, Jitensha went on at length here three years ago.
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:37 pm

King Kong, Land of the Giants, The Borrowers, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (et al), Dr. Shrinker, Fantastic Voyage, Jack the Giant Killer, The Littlest Giant.....I could go on and on and on. Obviously, there is a mainstream interest in the subject, so never consider yourself weird. From the original post, I don't believe having this fantasy is going to make someone a serial killer or rapist. Fire starting, bed wetting and animal cruelty have already been linked to serial killers and serial rapists, but if you ever took a statistics class, you have been shown that you can take any amount of data and prove or disprove any theory you want with the same data.

All that said, when I read or view some of the stuff in the VSW section (my stuff that I posted there is not my usual interest, it was done on request for someone or a role playing session, but I posted it there anyway) it shows any unhealthy anger towards women, and sometimes men, possibly from being belittled, rejected, or abused by woman or women or bullied by males. If the posting helps you relieve your suppressed anger, let it out. We won't judge. Just seek help if it's messing up your real life.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:49 pm

DocRick wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:37 pm
King Kong, Land of the Giants, The Borrowers, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (et al), Dr. Shrinker, Fantastic Voyage, Jack the Giant Killer, The Littlest Giant.....I could go on and on and on. Obviously, there is a mainstream interest in the subject, so never consider yourself weird. From the original post, I don't believe having this fantasy is going to make someone a serial killer or rapist. Fire starting, bed wetting and animal cruelty have already been linked to serial killers and serial rapists, but if you ever took a statistics class, you have been shown that you can take any amount of data and prove or disprove any theory you want with the same data.

All that said, when I read or view some of the stuff in the VSW section (my stuff that I posted there is not my usual interest, it was done on request for someone or a role playing session, but I posted it there anyway) it shows any unhealthy anger towards women, and sometimes men, possibly from being belittled, rejected, or abused by woman or women or bullied by males. If the posting helps you relieve your suppressed anger, let it out. We won't judge. Just seek help if it's messing up your real life.
Well I've never spent much time reading or viewing stuff in the VSW section, but what I have seen doesn't appeal to me. But as you say in your last paragraph Doc, I'd never stand in judgement over anyone who benefits from it, and each to their own as they say. And I fully accept Olo's views on the subject (hope you're reading this Olo)
Olo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:03 pm
I've been observing online size fantasy for almost thirty years, and in my experience no two people arrive at size fantasy by exactly the same path or looking for exactly the same thing. It is perfectly reasonable (and probably should be expected) that others are into aspects of size fantasy that you find repellent, baffling, or just plain dumb. We don't all share the same gene sequence or formative experience that "explains" us. Trying to assert boundaries between "normal" or "majority" size fantasy (or Shrunken Women fantasy) and "extreme" or "violent" subgenres is unhelpful at best.

One thing I will assert is that what you fantasize about says absolutely nothing about who you are.
Yes, I'd like to believe that's true with the majority of folks, and I certainly accept it in your own case. But I suppose it's one of those things we'll never prove or disprove one way or the other. And does it matter much at the end of the day? I guess I don't take the fantasy seriously enough to worry about things like that, but that's just me. I'm one of those who find the term "community" a bit of a misnomer when used to describe places like this, but if it is then I'm probably not home most the time.

That was a good link you provided to Jitensha's post btw. That is one lady who does take the fantasy seriously, and in her own unique talented way . So good luck to all who feel as passionate about their kinks and fantasies as she does.
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:18 am

Little Sally wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:49 pm

That was a good link you provided to Jitensha's post btw. That is one lady who does take the fantasy seriously, and in her own unique talented way . So good luck to all who feel as passionate about their kinks and fantasies as she does.
While I do understand where she is coming from, I disagree with her. I can give a weak example: I go to car shows because I like restored antique cars or heavily customized cars. I despise seeing brand new supercars (other than maybe a Ferrari or Lamborghini ;) ) because all that means is the owner has money and probably no class or style and most likely a very small.............personality. If I want to see a 2023 Corvette, I'll go to a dealership. So, I have no issue with the separation between SW and VSW. There are people who are here that honestly may be offended by hard core stuff and others that are probably bored with the milder stuff. There does seem to be a little bleed over in our forums here, but I've never read any complaints. I think her feelings of rejection are greatly misplaced. I visit the VSW page occasionally and while I'm not offended by any of it, I'm not interested in most of it. And it gives me a place to put stuff when I want to go back to the dark side I left behind for a while and want to express the feelings my adversaries may have felt, considering the things they did to people or animals in reality.

But whatever. You do what you like, and I'll do what I like. If I like your stuff, great. If I don't, I'll just scroll on by and leave my comments to myself.

EhnVee
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by EhnVee » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:26 am

I appreciate the responses.

Perhaps my concern for the VSW side of fantasy is unfounded. And psychoanalyzing these works proves very little. It still gives me more to work with than what I had before, especially explaining the thoughts and feelings surrounding shrinking in general.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:18 am

EhnVee wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:26 am
I appreciate the responses.

Perhaps my concern for the VSW side of fantasy is unfounded. And psychoanalyzing these works proves very little. It still gives me more to work with than what I had before, especially explaining the thoughts and feelings surrounding shrinking in general.
Your further thoughts and response to the responses are also important to the responders! :)

Do go on if you wish.
sally g, reincarnated.

Nicodemus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Nicodemus » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:51 am

I usually enjoy detailed play involving a good capture of the now tiny victim and forcing them to play wicked games.
"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:10 am

DocRick wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:18 am
Little Sally wrote:

While I do understand where she is coming from, I disagree with her. I can give a weak example: I go to car shows because I like restored antique cars or heavily customized cars. I despise seeing brand new supercars (other than maybe a Ferrari or Lamborghini ;) ) because all that means is the owner has money and probably no class or style and most likely a very small.............personality. If I want to see a 2023 Corvette, I'll go to a dealership. So, I have no issue with the separation between SW and VSW. There are people who are here that honestly may be offended by hard core stuff and others that are probably bored with the milder stuff. There does seem to be a little bleed over in our forums here, but I've never read any complaints. I think her feelings of rejection are greatly misplaced. I visit the VSW page occasionally and while I'm not offended by any of it, I'm not interested in most of it. And it gives me a place to put stuff when I want to go back to the dark side I left behind for a while and want to express the feelings my adversaries may have felt, considering the things they did to people or animals in reality.

But whatever. You do what you like, and I'll do what I like. If I like your stuff, great. If I don't, I'll just scroll on by and leave my comments to myself.
I think your car analogy is good (couldn't agree more about those so called modern supercars). If you know what you like, you go to places/events where you know where you'll find it. Simple.

Same applies here. The story and arts sections are a big enough mish mash as it is, so adding hard core stuff to it would only make it more so. Thankfully most contributors to the arts section tag their work appropriately, so it's quite easy to avoid what you don't like. Also! A number of posters create threads for their work (like yourself), which is very helpful and considerate to other posters. It means you can follow an artist or theme that you like much more easily, without having to trawl through the section for individual posts which clutter the place up.

Yeah, it was a heartfelt rant by Jitensha, but just left me feeling.. so what's the big deal? Just put your stuff where it's easy to find, for those who want to find it for goodness sakes! I don't see that as being discriminatory in any way.

We could probably both write essays of what we find interesting to us as individuals, or what "dark stuff" passes for in our eyes. For example, I've never found the sexually expicit offerings by some posters dark, but just another excuse to post porn dressed up as the sw fetish *yawns*. But it has its devotees so good luck to them. I've always preferred a bit of psychological innuendo to the more explicit stuff, and some of the old pulp artists had that off to a tee God bless 'em.
sally g, reincarnated.

EhnVee
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by EhnVee » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:41 am

Little Sally wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:57 pm
But the idea a couple would use a shrinking device to have a little leisure time fun with, has always intrigued me. And that implies that the shrinking is of a temporary nature (thanks to the clever device being able to restore the subject also), so when the fun is over the woman can resume her normal sized duties and day to day wifely routine.
I feel like when people write about permanent shrinking, they never really touch on the amount of problems that it would create.
1) Financial burden. One less source of income would put a lot of stress on the remaining residents.
2) Risk of stepping on them.
3) How will she use the bathroom? By using a cup? How often is this cup going to be cleaned? After every use?
4) How will she stay clean? By bathing in the sink? How will she get up there, by being carried? Or will she have to climb a rope? What if there was a large bowl on the floor with soapy water? Who is responsible for providing that daily?
5) How will her clothes be cleaned? If you throw tiny clothes into a washing machine, you would probably lose them somewhere inside. And have to pull it apart to retrieve them. So what if they were hand washed? How is she going to access the detergent? By leaving a pile of powder on the floor, and letting her shovel it into water? Where is the hot water coming from?
6) Arguments/disagreements. How would that play out?
7) What would she do all day? Would she still be able to socialize with friends, or participate in hobbies?
8) Pets would pose a great amount of danger. So if she already had a cat, what would happen to the cat?
9) Infants, or children would also be dangerous. She would literally be played with like a toy, and risk being crushed or dropped. Also, her children would effectively lose a mother as she can't provide the same level of parenting at her new size.
10) How will she safely go outside? By being carried by hand? Or by a shirt pocket? Or will she have to fend for herself alone?
11) What about bugs, such as spiders? How would she stay safe? By putting her in a hamster ball?
12) Where would she sleep? Is her bed easily accessible on the floor?
13) How will she reliably eat?

I could go on, but at least we can agree permanent shrinking is not ideal under any circumstance.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:38 am

EhnVee wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:41 am
Little Sally wrote:
But the idea a couple would use a shrinking device to have a little leisure time fun with, has always intrigued me. And that implies that the shrinking is of a temporary nature (thanks to the clever device being able to restore the subject also), so when the fun is over the woman can resume her normal sized duties and day to day wifely routine.
(see more text above)
I could go on, but at least we can agree permanent shrinking is not ideal under any circumstance.
Very well thought out sir!

All of what you detailed are problems few seem to consider, and on top of that would be the sheer boredom of being that reliant lttle person. I suppose it's fair to say that if permanent shrinking is your thing, anything is possible in a personal fantasy, but in reality it would be a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, I think I'd love to be that shrunken little playmate and have a huge partner calling the shots, but only as a novelty experience that neither of us take for granted. That would be my ideal, and what's not to like about that? :)
sally g, reincarnated.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:37 pm

EhnVee wrote:
Little Sally wrote:

I feel like when people write about permanent shrinking, they never really touch on the amount of problems that it would create.
EhnVee wrote:
1) Financial burden. One less source of income would put a lot of stress on the remaining residents.
This would depend on the characters role preshrunk. If a spouse, live-in partner or parent, yes. But if an adult child or stranger, no. In more than one of my fantastories, the tiny was prostitited out and money poured in.
EhnVee wrote:
2) Risk of stepping on them.
Big risk here, especially at my preferred size of 5 inches, or smaller. Most likely, only supervised floor time would be permitted.
EhnVee wrote:
3) How will she use the bathroom? By using a cup? How often is this cup going to be cleaned? After every use?
Dixie cup with a little cat litter. Replaced daily.
EhnVee wrote:
4) How will she stay clean? By bathing in the sink? How will she get up there, by being carried? Or will she have to climb a rope? What if there was a large bowl on the floor with soapy water? Who is responsible for providing that daily?
Giving my tiny a hand bath is one of my favorite pastimes. I must have a soap fetish. :lol:
EhnVee wrote:
5) How will her clothes be cleaned? If you throw tiny clothes into a washing machine, you would probably lose them somewhere inside. And have to pull it apart to retrieve them. So what if they were hand washed? How is she going to access the detergent? By leaving a pile of powder on the floor, and letting her shovel it into water? Where is the hot water coming from?
This would depend on her size. Is there a readily available source of new clothing or clothing at all? If I had the shrink ray and it shrank all types of matter, Goodwill purchases shrunk to fit her. Doll clothes if you could find something that would fit and if you had no source of clothing at all, she would have to go with a toga or other wrap.
EhnVee wrote:
6) Arguments/disagreements. How would that play out?
It wouldn't behoove an SW to argue. She would lose. :lol:
EhnVee wrote:
7) What would she do all day? Would she still be able to socialize with friends, or participate in hobbies?
This would depend on if her shrinking was a secret. If so, no socialization as the government would eventually find out. She would have to simply watch television or videos, exercise or other safe activities when I'm not available.
EhnVee wrote:
8) Pets would pose a great amount of danger. So if she already had a cat, what would happen to the cat?
Sorry, no pets, particularly cats. A dog, would be a possibility, but careful evaluation would be necessary.
EhnVee wrote:
9) Infants, or children would also be dangerous. She would literally be played with like a toy, and risk being crushed or dropped. Also, her children would effectively lose a mother as she can't provide the same level of parenting at her new size.
My current photostory has the tiny constantly being played with by a 6-year-old. It is a bit of a stretch, but this child is not your "normal" child and does what her mother tells her and is usually under supervision anyway. If the SW is the mother, it would depend on the child.

EhnVee wrote:
10) How will she safely go outside? By being carried by hand? Or by a shirt pocket? Or will she have to fend for herself alone?
She would never be permitted outside unattended, no matter the reason she is tiny. Not only the risk of escape, but capture by another "normal" or eaten by a dog, cat, bird, etc. If hand sized, she would have to ride in my palm and in a pocket or sling bag if she had to be concealed from the public. Another issue, I've personally experienced with the inevitable ensuant argument, is that women are often blind to the "Dark", or in their words, "Oh, it will be fine". The events in the movie "Taken" or at least the first half of it and a different darker ending, happens daily to young women in foreign (to them) countries. Not excluding men, of course, but since I only have experience with women being dependent on me in foreign lands, they do tend to allow themselves to get into compromising situations by not considering the risk-benefit ratio. So, yes, she would always be totally under my control if outside.
EhnVee wrote:
11) What about bugs, such as spiders? How would she stay safe? By putting her in a hamster ball?
I hate spiders. Outside, okay, but in my house, "DIE !!!!!" Pretty much the same as #10.
EhnVee wrote:
12) Where would she sleep? Is her bed easily accessible on the floor?
Sorry, little ladies, you would be sleeping in a cage, probably an aquarium with all the comforts of home. It's for your protection so live with it.
EhnVee wrote:
13) How will she reliably eat?
Same as the clothes concept. Can you shrink food to her size? If she was shrunk, her molecules would be smaller, and she would be unable to metabolize normal sized molecules.
EhnVee wrote:
Other issues would be medical care: Regular doctor or veterinarian? Growing older, the tiny and the normal. In my case, I'm much older than my tiny, so if permanent, I would have to make arrangements for her in the case of my death, just like for my dog. Then you have the psychological affect on the tiny. Would she be able to maintain her human dignity or would she slip into Stockholm Syndrome, then become feeble minded and more pet-like. And would actual "love" be able to occur or remain? The concept of "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" would probably take affect and the tiny, even if a spouse or girlfriend, would eventually become more of a pet or plaything, than a partner.

As I said up above, it's just a fantasy so these issues are not really that important unless the writer or fantasizer wishes to implement them in their story. I've read a few stories that include these issues, such as "Out of Their Element" by littlestlilly. I would strongly suggest reading it if you haven't.

I know some of my responses seem to be a bit "dark" but I spent the last 40 years walking around on the "darkside of man" so I am just a little jaded when it comes to my ability to trust or see the good side of people. Not the reason I got into SW, but possibly the reason I'm still in it.

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:55 pm

Little Sally wrote:
Well I've never spent much time reading or viewing stuff in the VSW section, but what I have seen doesn't appeal to me. But as you say in your last paragraph Doc, I'd never stand in judgement over anyone who benefits from it, and each to their own as they say. And I fully accept Olo's views on the subject (hope you're reading this Olo)
I've read it and I appreciate it.
Yeah, it was a heartfelt rant by Jitensha, but just left me feeling.. so what's the big deal? Just put your stuff where it's easy to find, for those who want to find it for goodness sakes! I don't see that as being discriminatory in any way.
Jit can and will speak for herself, but it seemed to me that she was using the occasion of segregating Violent Shrunken Women fantasy off from "normal" Shrunken Women fantasy to give vent to years of being stigmatized, denigrated, and excluded for expressing her own desires, which included not only M/f scenarios but content that featured shrunken women in humiliating, demeaning, and dangerous circumstances. That F/m size fantasists don't impose such segregation on their content struck her as a double-standard.

In a more modern platform, we could use content tags (which could be filtered for or against) to accurately identify content and help everyone find what they want. I agree with Jit that having "normal" and "violent" sections implicitly stigmatizes the latter (as does speculation that those who enjoy "violent" content have issues that need to be addressed).
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.