Valerie or Betty?

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Valerie or Betty?

Post by DocRick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:15 pm

For our LOTG fans. Admit it, We watch it because Deanna Lund and Heather Young are tinies. But which would you rather encounter? It may be an unfair question as Young was never allowed to build her character, being pregnant and absent throughout much of the series. Both were beautiful, Deanna in a Hollywood actress style and Heather as the hot girl next door. Both had completely different personalities, but Valarie's changed throughout the series. At first, she was cocky and egotistic. I think that changed in the first episode when she was grabbed and taped down by a giant. Then she turned into a Fay Wray scream and fainter and satisfied to "wait here" while the men took the risks. That changed in one episode when she told Burton she wasn't staying here, she was going with them. In a few other episodes, she tried psychology and reverse psychology on the giants, which rarely worked, and she reverted to a screamer. Betty was also the stay here or stay at the ship and man the radio persona, but the few times she was given a larger part and captured by a giant, she tried to work on their compassion, with mixed results. Most of the time she was just quiet.

I've only recently seen about half of the episodes and remember very few from my childhood so I'm going on just what I've seen recently watching reruns in syndicate. I won't say my favorite, mainly because I favor each of them for different reasons, such as I think Valerie is hotter, Betty would be my choice if meeting them on equal, not as SWs, footing. How about you? Movie star or girl next door?

kira123
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Valerie or Betty?

Post by kira123 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:19 pm

Olo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Olo » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:53 am

They are complementary flavors. Because I particularly cherish their interactions and exchanges about how best to navigate giant situations, I would really prefer to have both. With any luck, they'd gang up on me.
Links to all my Stories and Images may now be found here.

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:59 am

Excellent pic, DocRick! It's also very good in that you got the scale just about right.

(Art by scifizone)

(Art by scifizone)
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

mikbid
Visitor
Visitor

Post by mikbid » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:21 am

Dunham’s Sports opens for business at 9:00 AM every day except on Sundays. Customers at Dunham’s Sports receive the products they need and want while being served respectfully.

bobvan2
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by bobvan2 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:57 pm

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:43 pm

jeffrey-dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:59 am
Excellent pic, DocRick! It's also very good in that you got the scale just about right.

Thanks. The technology of the time didn't permit many good "handhelds" in the show and the stills available online are not very good quality. This picture (from the episode Barry needed emergency surgery, I believe) is one of best ones I've found.