Shrinking to Oblivion: Horror and Bliss

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Shrinking to Oblivion: Horror and Bliss

Post by Raso719 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:00 pm

Something about the idea of women shrinking into oblivion has always enthralled me. The idea of them being consumed and enraptured by the bliss of dwindling to nothing is absolutely a fascinating one. But I feel that often times it's hard for some to grasp.

Is it murder? Suicide? How or why is it different than crush or vore?vice? And how realistic is the notion someone would actually surrender to something as fully consuming of one's self as dwindling so small as to leave notion left of you?

I think this video on Cosmic horror actually managed to touch on the matter a little bit. How something so seemingly horrific can be so fascinating and even appear desirable within a moment.

https://youtu.be/9VDmwazWV58?si=IwBImcZE424mE2tx

What are some other people's thoughts on being shrunk down to nothing?

shrinky
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Shrinking to Oblivion: Horror and Bliss

Post by shrinky » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:20 am

This gets a little dark, and the phrase 'cosmic horror' is new to me, but I'm more familiar with the concept of 'existential terror', which is definitely an element of my fantasy. The prospect of getting shrunk down to nothing is scary and exhilarating to the point of being erotic. I never quite take it that far, though, always opting to imagine the shrinking character passing into a new universe similar to our own, or even possibly being doomed to keep moving through universes in this same way. I love micro shrinking a lot, but I usually stop once the giant world becomes so unfamiliar as to be unrelatable. Interacting with familiar objects at different scales is something I love about the shrinking fantasy. As long a the giant world is somehow recognizable (for instance, a hair as thick and as tall as a giant skyscraper). Once you get down to atoms, it's hard to imagine our protagonist even being able to breath. ::sigh:: our fantasies require a lot of suspension of disbelieve.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:33 am

shrinky wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:20 am
The prospect of getting shrunk down to nothing is scary and exhilarating to the point of being erotic.
Have to disagree here.....shrinking down to nothing is just like dying....you learn the secrets of the universe, but you can't tell anyone !!!!! :lol:

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:04 pm

I I actually recall more people being upset about a girl being eaten in a story I wrote than from another one I wrote where she literally shrank into non-existence. It wasn't hard vore, either. She basically licked a spec off oh her finger tip with no further description where as the other one is literally describe the girl falling into an endless void before feeling herself dissolve away.

jodyjody
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by jodyjody » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:21 am

The idea of being eaten by a giant is more immediately arousing to me than being shrunk away into nothing, but if I had a real choice, I'd choose oblivion. The first part would be mostly terrifying watching a man I perhaps love growing seemingly infinitely as well as my surroundings, but after things become so massive as to be unidentifiable and indistinguishable from each other, it basically becomes an eternal afterlife of inaction. One of Littlest-lily's stories has something like that; the girl gets so small that she is just sort of floating in an ether of atomic space. It sounded serene.
If you gotta hurt somebody, please hurt me; and if you gotta break a heart, then please break mine... So darling, if you gotta hurt somebody, please hurt me; and if I have to be your plaything, that's what I'll be. - The Crystals

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:27 pm

One idea I've been playing with, as well, is legit shrinking to Oblivion (ie the shrinkie experiences themselves disappearing from reality.... as in they no longer exist) vs shrinking to seeming Oblivion from the watcher's perspective...

With the latter a careless shrinker could potentially have many girls shrunk well past the point of being visible... lost and forgotten but cursed to live forever in some alien landscape...So small the floor or desk they were shrunken down on is an unrecognizable alien landscape... so small even dustmites are like colossal, moon sized horrors movies above you. So small the device that shrank you can't even track you anymore but you are VERY much there and VERY much alive but lost and forgotten...

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:24 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:27 pm
One idea I've been playing with, as well, is legit shrinking to Oblivion (ie the shrinkie experiences themselves disappearing from reality.... as in they no longer exist) vs shrinking to seeming Oblivion from the watcher's perspective...

With the latter a careless shrinker could potentially have many girls shrunk well past the point of being visible... lost and forgotten but cursed to live forever in some alien landscape...So small the floor or desk they were shrunken down on is an unrecognizable alien landscape... so small even dustmites are like colossal, moon sized horrors movies above you. So small the device that shrank you can't even track you anymore but you are VERY much there and VERY much alive but lost and forgotten...
They would be quickly eaten by tiny things you really don't want to know live on your floor.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:48 pm

DocRick wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:24 pm
Raso719 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:27 pm

They would be quickly eaten by tiny things you really don't want to know live on your floor.
Which ia part of the horror...
But I also think it's possible to be so small the mites ignore you but the Germs also don't pose a threat... either way disappearing completely may be preferable to just being imperceptible.

I think at that size it would also be impossible to really comprehend what was happening about the carpet fibers. Maybe a SW who was shrunk on a night stand would be able to make out the massive hand that reaches for the alarm clock, or the other girls who are shrunk down to her size in the same spot as her captor shrinks girl after girl in the same spot each night in order to get off...

If the shrinking were linked to something like arousal I wonder if girls would try to pursue thay option as a way out... shrinkgasm after shrinkgasm in order to escape the horror of their reality.