Let’s make Shrunken Women Great Again

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
DiminutionMan
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Let’s make Shrunken Women Great Again

Post by DiminutionMan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 am

I have all sorts of ideas for emojis. I tried my hand at making a few, but I'm not much of an artist, and these are the only ones that look decent so far. I'm sure that someone with more artistic talent can make better versions:
M-f_32.png
M-f_32.png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
F-f_32.png
F-f_32.png (1 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
sw-martini_32.png
sw-martini_32.png (1.16 KiB) Viewed 4232 times

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:53 am

Hey thanks for the emojis! We already have similar ones like the first 2, but if you have a larger version of the martini one, I'd be happy to add it!

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 am

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:03 am
In general, the disconnect with most SW communities and sex is somewhat shocking to me! This is a fetish community, right? I genuinely think there is a fear among many of the men here who are terrified of being called a misogynist. A wife beater. An abuser. And of course there are some prudish women out there who feed into that shame. I find it very discouraging.
Well, this here may be the root of the problem. I can't speak for the other men here, but this is the very reason I've never confided my fantasy with anybody (other than in the presence of true believers at Sizecon...thanks for that, BTW). I don't want people I know, upon hearing that I am turned on by the idea of tiny women, to draw the very logical (but wrong) conclusion that I think all women should be marginalized, reduced, or made subservient in real life. I don't believe that at all. Anyone who's taken the time to read any of my stories can see they're usually very pro-woman--my female characters are put in some of the worst situations imaginable, and nearly always fight back, refuse to submit, struggle, escape their captors, have an adventure, and ultimately triumph in the end. I could make a case that stories of mine like the Broken Glass trilogy and Little Miss Witness are actually all about female empowerment, believe it or not. But if I try to explain my interests to anyone, the first thing they'll likely think is "He's so terrified of women he wants them all reduced in size so he can prove his superiority!" (Immediately followed by, "Damn, how small is his prick if he needs his women to be three inches high?")

I'm sure I can't be the only man who's ever worried about this sort of thing, and I suspect this likely contributes to the lack of openness on the forum and the web. I doubt they have similar issues on the GTS forums. Paradoxically, over there men probably don't feel at all troubled by admitting they enjoy being dominated by giantesses; but here, we male SW lovers don't want to be perceived as wanting to be too powerful, or to make women weak. Such is life in today's society, I guess.
I could not have said it better myself

(Then again I am emotional right now because I’m listening to Melodies of life from FFIX)
just you're Local Doll Loving, Shrunken Women Obsessed Loon
-Lexcelius

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:27 am

Prof Sai wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:39 am
Regrettably, a Trump reference is going to kill dialog about anything, regardless of how otherwise noble the idea. It's a pity. I agree with you that you need your heroine to face a real challenge for her victory at the end of a story to be empowering.
Sorry. I make the stupidest of puns because when I notice an opportunity I jump on it. If we want to avoid that it can be thought of as a Reagan Reference since it was originally his slogan.
just you're Local Doll Loving, Shrunken Women Obsessed Loon
-Lexcelius

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:51 am

I didn't notice that this thread had in fact survived despite its title and didn't need my comment. So I guess no damage done at least?