Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Let’s make Shrunken Women Great Again

Post by Sdk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 am

Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 pm
Sdk wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:29 pm
As much as I miss all the great websites, I think what miss the most was that 3 or 4 year period when we got a lot of good to great SW clips from Shrinking Dreams, Missa, and Red Parrot among others.
Did you save any of those?
Unfortunately I lost many of them. I put them on a some DVDRs, but lost the during a move. Unfortunately, the ones I burned I didnt keep on my hard drive. They're still available to buy at clips4sale and shrinkingdreams.com.

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:55 pm

I see! Thx for the response!
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!
Just gettin' ready for all ya little hotties! :twisted: ;)

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:31 pm
My groups are long gone. But if you Go to Yahoo shrink groups you get a bunch of options.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/search?query=shrinking
I've tried all of that search stuff of course, but most of it is now related to women losing weight, or if it is about our interest it's either defunct or spammed out. I was rather hoping that due to your own success with Yahoo, that maybe you still had some groups remaining. But I assume they fell the way of the most fetish sites in those early heady days of excitement, and lost out to the plethora of other things out there now. Such is the world we live in now, eh.

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm

i am insane wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 pm
That's probably because people were able to bail from Min's before it completely collapsed, so not only did everyone know it was an option, they also had time to transfer stuff easier, as opposed to it just destroying itself instantly.
You're quite wrong actually. Before the Minmizer site started it's slide beneath the waves like Titanic, most of the members had lost access to it (for whatever reason I don't know). So when SW Realm was born just before Mins finally foundered, it ended up with just a few of us still having the means to access the stuff folks wanted to be saved from Mins.

I guess some might have thought to save their own material beforehand, but an awful lot didn't seem to bother doing it..

What interests me more now though, are where are all the old members (sod the ships cargo!)

This site is so easy to find, and yet for some reason they don't seem to want to.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 pm

sally g wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm
i am insane wrote:
That's probably because people were able to bail from Min's before it completely collapsed, so not only did everyone know it was an option, they also had time to transfer stuff easier, as opposed to it just destroying itself instantly.
You're quite wrong actually. Before the Minmizer site started it's slide beneath the waves like Titanic, most of the members had lost access to it (for whatever reason I don't know). So when SW Realm was born just before Mins finally foundered, it ended up with just a few of us still having the means to access the stuff folks wanted to be saved from Mins.

I guess some might have thought to save their own material beforehand, but an awful lot didn't seem to bother doing it..

What interests me more now though, are where are all the old members (sod the ships cargo!)

This site is so easy to find, and yet for some reason they don't seem to want to.
I remember Mins was going in and out, but for me at least it was still there, and there were people content to stick with it. I mean, it went down, but it was still up, you know?

In my case, I had largely given up on finding a site like this. I mean.... outside of some image posting things, it's just so rare, and every single forum I knew of for it was basically dead, so it just didn't occur to me that a new site was really an option.
Power is choice.

xxxxx
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by xxxxx » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:11 am

sally g wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm
i am insane wrote:

I know that some of them are on Tumblr or Deviantart. Some of them are on process-productions and for whatever reason never posted here. Right now the community is scattered over the web, living inside their own small cluster and doing their own thing.

This place is harder to find then one might think. I think that most people don't search google for sw content, because it will usually bring out the same results or useless results. What I fear most however is that people might not want to participate anymore like they used to. I get the impression that a lot less art is created (although the art created is usually of a higher quality) and that the same is true for stories. Again, it might be just me but It seems that some people are seeing this less as a hobby and more like something they consume. (like Netflix or Youtube)

Then again, people are still searching for places to hang out and play fun games and the SWB could very well be that place.
My avatar is made by Prof Sai.

ShrinkMaster
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ShrinkMaster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 am

With currently almost 600 members you should not worry about anything. ;)

It is probably rather due to the small participation of the members. Even if it concerns only replies.
This can also be seen at GiantessCity. 1000-2000 views lead to 0-2 replies. :roll:
This might scare people away from posting something.

I don't really care if I get a reply or not. But it's always nice to get a compliment for the work. :D
I don't like playing with dolls,
I like to play with little woman!!

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am

i am insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 pm
I remember Mins was going in and out, but for me at least it was still there, and there were people content to stick with it. I mean, it went down, but it was still up, you know?

In my case, I had largely given up on finding a site like this. I mean.... outside of some image posting things, it's just so rare, and every single forum I knew of for it was basically dead, so it just didn't occur to me that a new site was really an option.
I'm pleased you were one of the lucky ones still able to access Mins before it died. Yes, you're right about these sw sites becoming rarer, and I suspect that's just a sign of the times. The shrunken woman fantasy may not have the following it once had, so sites catering solely for that interest are thin on the ground I guess. Which doesn't mean sites with modest membership figures can't be "great", because it's more about participation than the numbers.
xxxxx wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:11 am
I know that some of them are on Tumblr or Deviantart. Some of them are on process-productions and for whatever reason never posted here. Right now the community is scattered over the web, living inside their own small cluster and doing their own thing.

I'm sure you're right generally. Though we do have a few Process members who have registered here, which is good, but that's such a diverse site we shouldn't expect too many to make the crossover.
xxxxx wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:11 am
This place is harder to find then one might think. I think that most people don't search google for sw content, because it will usually bring out the same results or useless results. What I fear most however is that people might not want to participate anymore like they used to. I get the impression that a lot less art is created (although the art created is usually of a higher quality) and that the same is true for stories. Again, it might be just me but It seems that some people are seeing this less as a hobby and more like something they consume. (like Netflix or Youtube)

Then again, people are still searching for places to hang out and play fun games and the SWB could very well be that place.
I'd have to disagree about SWB being hard to find, when all you need do is Google search "shrunken women", and we're close to the top of the list (which is something I applaud Elana for. By including shrunken women in the group's title, it makes it a very easy search.) Of course if people don't search Google for "shrunken woman" content, then naturally they will have difficulty. Which might pose the question, if they were using some other search criteria, then were they actually intent on finding shrunken woman content?

I agree about the lack of participation, or reluctance to get involved, and it becoming more of a consumer pastime like you say. But don't get me started on lurkers or I'll be here all day. :lol: Of course there are ways to encourage participaton and discourage lurking (and voyeurism without registering), but that's not my prerogative to discuss.
ShrinkMaster wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 am
With currently almost 600 members you should not worry about anything. ;)

It is probably rather due to the small participation of the members. Even if it concerns only replies.
This can also be seen at GiantessCity. 1000-2000 views lead to 0-2 replies. :roll:
This might scare people away from posting something.
Yes, you might well be right regarding Giantess City. I've always found that place a bit off putting and not overly friendly.
You make a good general point about participation, which I'm sure most of us agree on by now.
ShrinkMaster wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 am
I don't really care if I get a reply or not. But it's always nice to get a compliment for the work. :D
It is indeed always nice to have your work acknowledged, and rightly deserved because of the work you put into it. Many won't appreciate or care about that of course, but will happily consume it silently for their own needs.

It's perhaps enough to say, that I'm loathe to submit artwork anymore for that reason alone.

A good discussion. Thanks folks!

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm

"Shrunken woman" was just the usual search term in the 90's.
Looking at tags on pages with anime pictures is seems like "mini girl" would also be something people are likely to use as a search term, but on google that just gives you unusable results
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Elana wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm
"Shrunken woman" was just the usual search term in the 90's.
Looking at tags on pages with anime pictures is seems like "mini girl" would also be something people are likely to use as a search term, but on google that just gives you unusable results
Its still kind of a hit or miss search. I wonder if dieting women on blogs have any idea how often they're seen by SW fetishists.

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Sdk wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:41 pm
Its still kind of a hit or miss search. I wonder if dieting women on blogs have any idea how often they're seen by SW fetishists.
What's hit and miss about it? (no dieting ladies at the top of this list!) :D
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (70.33 KiB) Viewed 14473 times

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Used to happen when I searched "shrinking woman."

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:41 pm

If the members here will Google "shrunken women", then click on the 3rd option on a regular basis this forum will eventually come up first in the list. I'm also wondering if the use of 'tags' would help.
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!
Just gettin' ready for all ya little hotties! :twisted: ;)

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah the minimizer’s site was great, I somewhat remember, I was a teenager at the time so was kinda on it illegally ^^; but still.

Uh anyone have Min’s old collages comics archived of anything?
just you're Local Doll Loving, Shrunken Women Obsessed Loon
-Lexcelius

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Josh the Cyborg wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm
Yeah the minimizer’s site was great, I somewhat remember, I was a teenager at the time so was kinda on it illegally ^^; but still.

You should find most of what you want on here.

http://web.archive.org/web/201004200029 ... /main.html

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 pm

sally g wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:33 pm
Josh the Cyborg wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm

You should find most of what you want on here.

http://web.archive.org/web/201004200029 ... /main.html
Thanks
-Lexcelius

Kisupure
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Kisupure » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 pm

A few quick thoughts on the subject:

- All the other big size sites have stayed where they are over the years/decades. This community has been with 3 different forums, 3 different websites, and 3 different URLs in the past handful of years. Every time you pick up and move a community, let alone move them due to site errors and without being able to warn folks, you hemorrhage people. A lot of them don't want to come back because access is unreliable, and if people keep losing things because boards disappear, then that's definitely no incentive to come back and rebuild again and again and again.

- "Shrunken woman" is a pretty outdated term that a lot of younger size hobbyists/fetishists aren't familiar with. There is a TON of material out there on the intertubes, and unless you're familiar with the 90's-era crowd as someone mentioned upthread, then you're not going to be doing searches for #shrunkenwomen on twitter or tumblr or google. (Very few people google for communities anymore as it is.) They're going to be looking into #gianttiny or #minigirl or whatever other community-specific terminology people use on those already established sites.
I'm big on masculinity. :mrgreen:

SizeKink.com | Eka's Portal | kisupure#9437 on Discord

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:54 am

Kisupure wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 pm
A few quick thoughts on the subject:

- All the other big size sites have stayed where they are over the years/decades. This community has been with 3 different forums, 3 different websites, and 3 different URLs in the past handful of years. Every time you pick up and move a community, let alone move them due to site errors and without being able to warn folks, you hemorrhage people. A lot of them don't want to come back because access is unreliable, and if people keep losing things because boards disappear, then that's definitely no incentive to come back and rebuild again and again and again.

- "Shrunken woman" is a pretty outdated term that a lot of younger size hobbyists/fetishists aren't familiar with. There is a TON of material out there on the intertubes, and unless you're familiar with the 90's-era crowd as someone mentioned upthread, then you're not going to be doing searches for #shrunkenwomen on twitter or tumblr or google. (Very few people google for communities anymore as it is.) They're going to be looking into #gianttiny or #minigirl or whatever other community-specific terminology people use on those already established sites.
Even now Twitter is dying and government killed tumblr. ^^;
-Lexcelius

Giantgripper
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Giantgripper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Because once upon a time I was such a lurker, I've found myself trying to over compensate for my lack of personal outreach into the community. This has only snowballed with my friendship with Jitensha and my subsequent involvement in sizecon. Here's the thing:

The SW forums have always kind of been a sausagefest. I dunno why, but for some reason, this community has never seen broad appeal with women. Thats a big problem too because most of the people who get into size kink approach if from the tiny point of view. With all the giantess crap out there, its pushed by the incalculable hoards of tiny men who are interested in giantess kink. Those communities are infinitely more stable because their content is generated from the bottom up. The way these boards evolved were pushed by a minority of giant guys who were interested in Tiny Women.

Now thats not to say these forums have always been a boys club where we sit around jerking each-other off, or that there are NO women here. I know for a fact most giants on this board would KILL for there to be more SW about. But if you compare the number of tinies in a giantess forum to the number of tinies in THIS forum, comparatively, its a ghost town.

Most of the Tiny Women I know are on (Or used to be on) Tumblr or Deviantart. Its got a thriving GM/sw community with lots of RPers and contributors. If you really want to grow this forum, you've got to start advertising where the people are. Poke Herratik or Chavez, or any of the other REALLY POPULAR SW contributors and try to get their asses in sync here. The golden age of SW happened because fucking TITANS like the Min, Vulcan, Mr. Carl, The Reducer, The Beast, etc... were on these forums constantly. With tumblr and DA's puritanical censorship practices, shill this spot as a place to get giant dicks and teeny titties without fear of black bars and crappy watermarks.

Spider9137
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Spider9137 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Sally posted her results for "shrunken-women" ... I usually searched for "shrinking women" and came up with dieting and Lily Thomlin. Typing in "shrunken-women" as Sally suggests, I was delighted with the sites (and images!) that appear. Maybe some folks are trying to differentiate themselves from dieting and Lily Thomlin, but not everyone got the memo.

ShrinkMaster
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by ShrinkMaster » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm only joking right now, but:
If you think about it, maybe it's because of the name of the size-fetish forums.
These are always named from the point of view of the "man" (normally, I don't want to sound sexist). Something like "Shrinking Woman" and "Giantess City."
Maybe such forums should be renamed in "towering man" and for the couterpart in "shrinking man". So possibly more women would find their way there... :D
I don't like playing with dolls,
I like to play with little woman!!

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:37 pm

I wouldn't be sure about that.
Any attempt to search for giant and man..ended up into something involving a big dick on an otherwise normal sized person.

But searching with "shrunken" at least gives you a few results on pornHub (mostly vore videos)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm

I found this community only few days ago and always looked for SW stuff online for long, so I will now make a deep commitment to help make SW great again, in case you like mostly hand held situations, here are my favs at Deviant - https://www.deviantart.com/lisboadom23/favourites
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:48 pm

Hand-Holder wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I found this community only few days ago and always looked for SW stuff online for long, so I will now make a deep commitment to help make SW great again, in case you like mostly hand held situations, here are my favs at Deviant - https://www.deviantart.com/lisboadom23/favourites
Thanks and welcome to the community!
-Lexcelius

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 am

I'm coming really late to the game here, but I disagree with the folks who are saying bigger isn't always better. Yes, of course, more people may come with extra unwanted attention, bots, etc. But it also brings in an influx of talent, creators, etc.

Let's face it, the shrunken women forums are stale. We discuss the same questions. The same content. Inconsistent attendance. We've lost institutions like The-Minimizer and VSW boards along with thousands of members who have had to scramble back to find where the community migrated. I would HOPE we would want better for our community. I mean, for pete's sake, this will be all of our interests for presumably the rest of your life. Don't you wish we could have the quality content that size communities like GiantessCity or CoiledFist produce?

I think to bring the community back and hopefully even surpass our former glory days, we need to:

1) Make a place that's more welcoming, especially to women (as GiantGripper above mentioned!)

To make the community more welcoming, I genuinely think we need to get rid of the purity police. Seriously, we are the ONLY size community that segregates things like vore, non-con scenarios, etc. And note, we recently got these sections here, before that we were all segregated off to the old VSW board (R.I.P.) that hadn't changed its design in like 15+ years. These "violent" topics are things that are considered commonplace in every other corner of the broader size community, but for some reason, they are segregated and even looked down upon in comments made by other members in this community. The segregating of content encourages it! We have a history with prudes, and I expect this will be an uphill battle.

This is an especially important point to me, because many women like myself say they feel embarrassed about their fantasies and don't feel like that have many outlets to share them. I have many non-con fantasies, and I really only get to share them in spaces of mostly tiny men who make comments like "I wish the genders were reversed". There is no validation, no encouragement for women, and even men dealing with these fantasies. I completely understand that for some people, this sort of play can be triggering or uncomfortable for folks to witness, but that's why we should invest in a robust tagging system that is MANDATORY with each new thread. Maybe also having badges (ex. SFW chat vs NSFW chat preferred) listed under a users name might help - similarly to how we use this signage at SizeCon to keep guests comfortable.

In general, the disconnect with most SW communities and sex is somewhat shocking to me! This is a fetish community, right? I genuinely think there is a fear among many of the men here who are terrified of being called a misogynist. A wife beater. An abuser. And of course there are some prudish women out there who feed into that shame. I find it very discouraging. :cry:

Honestly...while I know this SFWness of this community is a comfort for many here (and I'm genuinely happy for you!), for many, I fear it breeds an army of sexually frustrated, sad individuals, unable to explore and live as their true self. BDSM for example is a totally normal, consensual, safe way to practice power-play fetishes LIKE macrophilia. We teach this at SizeCon, and many, many people have since used this as a medium to play out their fantasies IRL with consenting Giants and/or tinies. But where is the conversation in this community? There's barely ever a peep about Dominance and submission. The foundation of BDSM isn't even just helpful for active couples, but those who casually RP via text, voice or virtually. Sexual education is probably the reason most of you came here in the first place - What's wrong with me? How will I enjoy sex IRL with my kink on my mind? Will I ever find love? - We should all aspire to arm ourselves with knowledge so that we know how to explain out fantasies to our partners, who more than likely will not share our own.

Lastly, As mentioned before in this thread, having content that would appeal to women would be greatly appreciated! There isn't a lot to encourage us to come back when every new story is about a hot 18 year old cheerleader or babysitter, and every new picture is a handheld or a girl stuck in a jar. Our appeal to the fantasy is not about seeing things in YOUR giant POV but seeing things from our tiny POV - that means actually seeing the giant person!! :lol: I of course am not expecting you all to stop making your own content to make ME content, but encouraging creators and making a welcoming space is the first step. The more people, the more variety of content we'll see.

There's plenty of men (and women) who create this sort of content on Twitter. I just wish a place like this could be a better home for these sort of creators. :(

2) Create a modern, easy to navigate website

To create a modern website, we'll need a design. I do UI/UX design professionally, so making a web design will be easy. I just need a volunteer willing to program the site and host it. The new site would most likely benefit from having new and old tech to close the generational gap between some community members too. I envision this new site being a community hub with at least 3 divisions: A Forum, Live chat and Art/Services space.

Why those in particular?
We need a place for discussion, and Forums are more comfortable for older folks, and more convenient for those with busy jobs, parents with young kids, etc. Live chat services like Discord, is widely used among younger users, but is fast paced and easier to lose track of topics. Having both options under the same webpage will help encourage users to explore and engage in more community conversations!

Lastly, an ad marketplace could help actually encourage people to come back for updates from their favorite artists or acting talent for example. There is free social media site source code on Wordpress for example, where we could make landing pages for creatives to advertise their new projects. My husband actually built a login system for SizeCon (that can be used with Wordpress) that would allow logged in users to follow said talent, get update notifications when they post, etc. I think this ad space would benefit from having sections that encourage adult talent and sex workers to advertise as well. Assuming its in the context of sw smut of course :P

3) Advertise the hell out of the new site

Not just once either, our flakey community need a constant reminder we exist. Obviously share the word on forums like GiantessCity and CoiledFist, social sites like Twitter and Facebook, but we need to reach out to Reddit, 4chan, Fetlife, etc. We are EVERYWHERE, scattered in the wind lol

Welp. If anyone ever wants to make this site, just lmk :mrgreen:
jitenshasw@gmail.com