Opinion: We need a new word for 'Shrinking Women'

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Opinion: We need a new word for 'Shrinking Women'

Post by Jeebus » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:29 am

This has been a gripe of mine for a long time...

I feel like one reason giantess material gets so much attention is because it's so easy to search and find it.

Try searching for "shrinking women" and you're just as likely to get SM material in most places. "SW" will get you Star Wars material. "GTS" almost always gets giantess material, sometimes a car.

The only singular term for shrinking women is "koonago," but it specifically refers to Japanese women.

We need a new word for shrunken and shrinking women, like "miniaturess" or "reductress" or "microgyni" or something in that vein.

Interested in people's thoughts and ideas

'

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Opinion: We need a new word for 'Shrinking Women'

Post by Jeebus » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:32 am

I forgot that "minigirl" is one that has emerged, so maybe we just need to lean into that. I don't love it, though

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am

"Little Women" would be good, but we may be hit with copyright infringements by the estate of Lousia May Alcott. :D

"Tinies" works for me. "Tiny One" as a pet name to reinforce her size when you address the tiny. Adequate description with a bit of helplessness implied and humiliation infused.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:19 pm

I there are more names for tiny people than giantesses, tbh. No one calls giantesses Juton or Nephilim or whatever....
But I've seen many instances where tiny people are called Brownies, Borrowers, Koonago, Faire, pixies, halflings and so on... but none of those are gender specific, so I get that.
True, Shrunken Woman doesn't roll off the tongue, and it even has the implication that the woman is reduced. But it's a good description.
The hentai boards tend to use Minigirl as it doesn't have to imply a normal sized woman being reduced. I've kind of grown fond of it.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 pm

Calling the link back to the main page "Minigirl central" did help with visibility in google searches.
So there is some indication of that being more established
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Elana wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 pm
Calling the link back to the main page "Minigirl central" did help with visibility in google searches.
So there is some indication of that being more established
Yeah most image, comic and hentai sites use that tag. I feel like they determined it out of an obsession with taxonomy. Small doesn't always mean shrunk, ie Borrowers.
It's debatable who is behind or out of touch with who, I suppose. Case and point, often their definition of the giantess tag minigirl tag is only concerned with relative sizes to other characters not to normal human sizes. And their admins get super pissy if you don't agree and refuse to elaborate. So clearly people who are within the community are not being involved in the definitions of these tags (if they are they're being ignored).

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:31 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:56 pm
Small doesn't always mean shrunk
This has always been an issue for me when searching for size content. Even the content that does feature shrinking is still F/f or GTS, in majority.

There will never be a single search term for "woman having been shrunk by a man". Even when tagged as "M/f" it can also mean a giant man with a normal sized woman, which is not what I'm looking for either.

DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by DocRick » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 pm

DocRick wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am
"Little Women" would be good, but we may be hit with copyright infringements by the estate of Lousia May Alcott. :D

"Tinies" works for me. "Tiny One" as a pet name to reinforce her size when you address the tiny. Adequate description with a bit of helplessness implied and humiliation infused.
Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood the question. I didn't realize it was in reference to a search engine.

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:35 pm

Yeah its Kinda Hard to think of a Word, mostly due to Politics. Giantess is easy to find because all of its terms are easily linked to Giants and Mythology, Fantasy. Shrunken Women to average Person unfortunately their probably going to Assume Politics when they hear that Term, and I know from Searching "Shrunken Women" up on Google almost Weekly I always get the Same Decade old Political Articles as the Top 5 or 10 results. Little Women People are going to first Assume Children and when their Wrong about that they will Assume Short Women(3ft to 4ft 5inch tall Adult Women). Koonago again is to linked to Japan and Typically Searching on the English side get you Majority Violent Shrunken Women Content. There is also the Factor that Giantess is just Generally more Socially Acceptable because it's an Empowerment Fantasy and Shrunken Women(and Shrunken Men to be Fair) is a Domination Fantasy. In the Sexual Context anyway and no matter What we say Average People are going to just are just going to Imagine it in the Same Category they put BDSM in. Obviously both have their SFW Context but it is Easier to Talk about GTS Publicly than SW. Minigirl has the Same Problem as Little Women People will Generally just Assume it means Short Women and Not Toy Size, Doll Size, Insect Size, and Microscopic Size Women.
miniaturess" or "reductress" or "microgyni Also all sound to... High Society or High Fantasy and honestly would only Appeal to us Geeks and Nerds. We're honestly in a Situation where there just is not any good Words for it and making Words will just sound to Cutesy or to Nerdy

It also does not help that our Biggest and Easiest to find WebSite Died due to the Host choosing to stop Up keeping and Paying for it, Which is Understandable Website Hosting was Expensive back then. It still is now if you don't feel like Building the Large Server required for File Sharing Yourself Also unless you have 2 Houses that's a Security Risk because a Server has to Constantly Broadcast it's Location, which is why most people choose to Pay a Subscription to Host a Website instead.
just you're Local Doll Loving, Shrunken Women Obsessed Loon
-Lexcelius

randomguywhosthere
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by randomguywhosthere » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:04 am

I guess the point we're getting to is that the term "minigirl" should be used more frequently, as it is a single word and therefor more able to be recognized by search engines. The problem with "shrunken women" is that it is 2 words and search engines/tags can end up separating the two and making it a lot harder to find what you're looking for.

So yea, overall I think "minigirl" is the best option.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Minigirl isn't terrible, other than the "girl" part. But what can you do.

However, even if you search for "minigirl" on DA right now, the majority of results are SM content. Literally pages of it between anything SW.

And since they recently got rid of the ability to search by "collections" on DA, it's become increasingly difficult to find new SW content there

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:14 am

DA seems to just have a Problem where the SW Tags just get used as Giantess and SM Tags. Its like people seem to think It means Shrunken with Woman or Mini with Girl. That's at least making Positive Assumption. Going on Pixiv though Minigirl Tag is Mostly Shrunken Women more often than not.
-Lexcelius

Koonago98
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koonago98 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:34 pm

I think the same, the same thing happens to me but there you must use your imagination and make deductions and start investigating content, sometimes you open a video or image that is not exactly what you are looking for and it shows you more similar content and there you find hidden things. Excuse my English XD

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:24 am

Jeebus wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm
Minigirl isn't terrible, other than the "girl" part. But what can you do.

However, even if you search for "minigirl" on DA right now, the majority of results are SM content. Literally pages of it between anything SW.

And since they recently got rid of the ability to search by "collections" on DA, it's become increasingly difficult to find new SW content there
Searching "minigirl" on Duck Duck Go or Google turns up too many characters and more children than actual SW content. Searching "Shrinking women" works much better, but doesn't find much that I don't already know about.

The best tactic for finding SW content on DeviantArt is to go artist hopping:
1: Find an artist that does SW.
2: Look in their "Favorites" folder. This will show you works from other artists.
3: Look at those artist's main page for SW work.
4: Look at those artist's Favorites folders to find more artists.

Example, here is my Favorites folder:
https://www.deviantart.com/profsai/favourites
It shows all the works I've given a Heart to.

Mercurius
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mercurius » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:05 am

Mostly than not, "Minigirl" has gotten attention with the shrinking women base more than any suggestive name, when it comes to searches in DA, Pixiv, and even Rule 34.

I get some may not like the term cause it sounds like kids more than adults. Oddity here is that even as adults, being called girl is the norm to an adult women, as boy is to men.

While "miniboy" doesn't get as much traction as "giantess", "minigirl" or "minigirls" has gotten some seeds planted with it being short and to the point...not as much as the classic "shrinking women", but we're slowly transitioning to a new age and term that hopefully grows.

"Minigirl" is here to stay.

P.S. No puns intended.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 am

It would be tricky as SW is basically the traditional term since the advent of the internet.

Josh the Cyborg
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Josh the Cyborg » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:03 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 am
It would be tricky as SW is basically the traditional term since the advent of the internet.
Yes. Again I agree with OP. The Issue all the Terms for Shrunken Women are very Easily Co-opted for other Things. Minigirl has the least of that Happening to it but even the Original Term Shrunken/Shrinking Women gets frequently used in things Completely unrelated to Shrinking a Woman to Sizes between 1nm and 3ft Tall. Yes I put 1nm(Nano Meter)
-Lexcelius

ClipCarson
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by ClipCarson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 pm

Yeah ... I've navigated to several "shrinking women" web pages only to discover the site is devoted to dieting.

ClipCarson
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by ClipCarson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 pm

Yeah ... I've navigated to several "shrinking women" web pages only to discover the site is devoted to dieting.