Potential Resources For SW Content Creation

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
annon
Visitor
Visitor

Potential Resources For SW Content Creation

Post by annon » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Long time lurker - apologises if this is in the wrong place.

I’ve always been a bit jealous of the amount of giantess content out there. So, it’s great seeing that there are more SW videos being released on sites like C4S of late. I’m not sure if there’s some new filters or some new apps out there that have reduced the barrier of entry, but I’m really happy to see it.

However, seeing some of the rougher edges in some of these videos, got me wondering if there was anything we could do to make it easier for smaller content creators to produce SW work?

I started thinking that it would be good to create a resource that we could point people to if they wanted to produce SW content. Of course, making an SW video will never be as easy as moving a camera down, while saying “you’re getting smaller” - but if we could do things like recommend specific apps and specific angles, maybe we could further reduce the barriers of entry and support more SW content.

What does the board think?

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Potential Resources For SW Content Creation

Post by Little Sally » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:18 am

Hi, I think you've posed the question well and in the right place.

I haven't any thoughts on the subject myself (as yet) but I''ll be interested to see what responses you get.

Good luck with it.
sally g, reincarnated.

Shrinkdude412
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Shrinkdude412 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:55 pm

Those rough edges you're seeing happen when there isn't enough contrast between the greenscreen and the model. Sometimes this happens because too much greenlight is bouncing off the greenscreen onto the model's skin/clothing. Sometimes this happens because the greenscreen isn't bright enough. The best way to counter this it to ensure there is adequate space between the model and the greenscreen, making sure the greenscreen is well lit, and making sure the model is well lit (including a strong backlight to help create that separation).

Basic video editing software or freeware probably can't do too much when it comes to composite effects. Adobe Premiere + After Effects should give any content creator any and all of the tools they would need to deliver decent effects. The problem is usually in the raw footage though, I suspect.

For anyone getting started with effects based editing, start with flat basic camera angles first to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. Once you get a hang of doing the effects part, you can try to get fancier with camera angles. Without effects, using high angles (camera high up looking down) for tiny people and low angles (camera low looking up) for big people can go a LONG way.

Scale is also a pet peeve of mine for these videos. It's always great when a content creator goes the extra mile to create oversized clothes, but it's a bit jarring to see someone wearing clothes a few sizes too big when they are clearly only a few inches tall.

Ultimately, it's tough to get too upset over quality. This is a very niche fetish and requires a lot of time, skill, and effort to pull off convincingly. Considering the limitations on technology, time, and money, I think SW video creators do a pretty damn good job overall. This is always going to be a more difficult fetish to put on video. Giantess content is MUCH easier to create (but still difficult).

PickUpArtist

Post by PickUpArtist » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:26 pm

I remember when the internet first came out, I searched for pictures of Jessica Lange in Kong's hand and could barely find any. Now all you need to do is whip over to YouTube or Google Image it.

I think AI-generated stuff will develop similarly, in terms of immediate delivery and satisfaction of this kind of more fantastical fetish.