Scale Model

The board to share all your fiction
ensmallen
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Scale Model

Post by ensmallen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:54 am

Thought I'd stop lurking and put this here. Was trying to make a collage before I ended up writing. Sorry if it sounds rushed.

>>>>>>>>

Scale Model

Seo didn’t have a clue how it happened. All she remembered was blacking out in the street a block from her house before waking up someplace unfamiliar. Wherever it was the ground was rocky and cracked like a lunar landscape with strange plants growing everywhere. There was a whole jungle of what looked like really tall grass she was sure she’d get lost in if she was crazy enough to go near.

She stayed in the open out in the heat and dust walking up in her skinny jeans and tight t-shirt to what looked like an airplane hangar. Going up to a wall surprised something so massive was built out of some sort of fiberboard painted over in white. She was looking for a way in when the ground started shaking.

“Thanks.” 17-year-old Theo saw the delivery man ride off before bending to pick up the package from the sidewalk. He was very careful getting the box through the front door and up to his bedroom. He’d paid a lot for the thing and couldn’t wait to get it assembled on his worktable. He was a big miniatures fan and the Victorian-style dollhouse was his biggest project yet. He went to work with the box cutter carefully taking out each piece.

Seo didn’t know what was going on. She’d found a gap in a corner wide enough for the slender 17-year-old to get a leg through when something huge came up and blotted out the sun like an airliner coming in for a landing. Whatever it was grabbed the whole building right off the ground like it was cardboard and poor Seo along with it. She was trying her best not to look down when all the shaking and bouncing up and down mercifully came to an end.

She was off and running as soon as she felt her feet set down on something solid. Panting for breath as she tried to get her bearings behind some hollow stone pillar with painted wooden poles as tall as street posts sticking out of it.

Wherever Seo was it looked nothing like what had come before. As far as she could tell she and everything near was on a broad wooden platform maybe a hundred feet long and half as wide. She thought of a pier for boats then realized the thing was a single giant slab varnished in light tan. The cold was making her skin break out in goosebumps even though she didn’t feel a breeze.

The building from before was on its side looking for all the world like an enormous delivery box. Smaller boxes were stacked next to it behind a pile of stuff wrapped in clear plastic. She stared harder when she recognized pieces of furniture. Then it hit her she wasn’t alone.

Theo was back to sitting at his worktable. He’d gone and taken the dolls from storage checking if everything fit like they should. Every one correctly proportioned, even their clothing was sized proportionate down to their stitching. He kept the airconditioning turned up to keep him from sweating and ruining the fabric. He was all about recreating a world in miniature, he imagined a real person going into a dollhouse and feeling right at home, if a real person stood four inches tall. He sat absorbed in his work, dropping the box cutter in the coffee mug as he took out a pencil.

Seo was in something out of a nightmare, flattening herself against the coffee mug as she prayed the man’s fingers came no closer. She’d given up on thinking she was trapped with a robot in some crazy futuristic theme park watching him with the dolls. The eyes, the look of almost worshipful fascination belonged to a real person, even if the person was a giant to her. Everything had started making sense after the realization. Somehow she’d been transported to a world where she was no more than a doll in someone’s collection.

Holy shit. Someone’s lawn had looked like a jungle to her. What of a cat, or a mouse? There were spiders in people’s bathrooms big enough to hunt young mice. Did she like her chances better with a spider or a man who played with dolls?

Watch his hands. Seo stepped out from behind the mug. She stayed close enough she could hide if she had to, but she’d made up her mind. She’d pictured herself going up to the man calmly, but, as she looked up taking in the sheer enormity of him, she felt her legs start to give out under her. She was on her knees with each word coming between sobs.

“Help. Help me, please.”

Theo didn’t remember leaving a doll by the mug, or dressing one in jeans and a white t-shirt. He was staring like an idiot wondering how he’d made one pose like it was in trouble and trying to get his attention. Did he just imagine it when he saw its mouth moving? He grabbed the stand-mounted magnifying glass for a closer look.

Man but this one’s pretty. The doll had long dark hair and lovely long lashes. It looked Asian, skin like porcelain like a K-Pop star. And a body like one. Theo actually felt guilty staring at its chest when its face was the picture of misery. Lips moving mumbling something he couldn’t really hear. Wait a minute.

Seo nearly missed it. She looked up just in time to jump to her feet with the hand almost on top of her. Feeling her chest brush up against a giant fingertip as she fell on her ass. Screaming when she felt it press down.

Holy shit. That didn’t feel like plastic. That didn’t sound like plastic. The doll had curled up in a ball like it was trying to cover itself from his probing. It finally hit him. Nothing Theo had seen in the minute since he’d lain eyes on it was something a doll was meant to be capable of doing. Holy shit.

“You’re real. A person!” Then it really hit. The stand nearly bent out of shape with the lens fixing on a face turned up at it in fear.

“Seo?”

Seo blinked. Did she just hear the little pervert call out her name? She’d seen enough of the guy staring down at her through the magnifying glass to realize he was younger than she’d thought. Young enough to be in the same high school she went to. She did remember the time someone had brought dolls to crafts class. Some boy who hung out with this bunch whose names only turned up when the teachers handed out grades.

“Theo?” Seo got to her feet, surprised enough she was almost jumping as she shouted. Incredulous. “Theo Handler?“

Theo was out of the chair and going for his laptop. Plugging in the USB-powered camera with the built-in microphone and turning the volume all the way up placing it on the worktable next to the doll. The doll he was pretty certain was really a girl he went to the same high school with. The headphones going on his ears as the words came out breathlessly.

“Seo Inhyeon?” He knew her by name at least. Hell, every boy in his year had tried to learn everything they could about the new exchange student when she'd arrived. Seeing her in tight jeans on his laptop’s display it wasn’t hard to tell why. But it was a little further back in his thoughts. How in the world had the hottest girl in school ended up on his table standing with the top of her head even with his dinky little USB cam?

The guy was smart alright. Seo couldn’t help smiling watching him fumble around putting something together that was at least less awkward than having her stand under a lens. Cupping her hands going up to the camera, seeing him wince wearing the headphones. “Can. You. Hear. Me. Now?”

It was Theo’s turn to blink. The girl had looked desperate moments before. He couldn’t imagine making light of the situation in her shoes. Cringing when he realized he’d tried to touch her like someone’s toy. What did this to her? He was close to choking getting out the words.

“How?”

Seo was taken aback. The way the guy was staring it was like she was the most fragile thing. She was back to rubbing an arm distractedly in front of the camera, going on about waking up and mistaking Theo’s lawn for the Amazon before hitching a ride to his bedroom. Telling him she had no idea what had left her the way she was standing on his table next to his dolls. Theo went silent as she spoke, watching her go up to the dollhouse he was putting together and stare thoughtfully before looking up at him.

“Hey.” She waited as he brought the camera near. “Could you give me a place to stay while I wait for whatever this is to pass?”

She looked away when she saw his mouth hanging open. “I don’t want anyone seeing me like this.”

Anyone? A minute ago he tried to grope her. Now she was asking him to trust himself with keeping her like one of his dolls? Didn’t the most popular girl in their year have anyone she knew better than a stranger like Theo? She hung out with all these friends, people who put her on a pedestal like they’d trade lives with her in an instant. And what was wrong with the family who’d opened their doors to her, and the one back in Korea? It was too late when he noticed her staring like he’d said all of it out loud.

“Fine. You know what?” She held up her arms at him making herself heard as she turned away from the camera. “The room’s big enough, I’ll stay out of your way. Just try to watch where you’re going.”

What the hell? Where did that come from? The girl was crazy if she thought he could stand letting her live underfoot like vermin. Theo kept her from getting off the table, watching her jump back when he put a hand in front of her. She tried to make a run for it but came up short, the hand pressing her to the tabletop before Theo drew back like he’d touched a snake. Fumbling over the words seeing her scurry back behind his pencil holder.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to … you were trying to … ” He trailed off realizing how much he sounded like an idiot. This is stupid.

“Alright.” Theo took a deep breath.

“My name is Theo Handler. Yeah, I play with dolls.” He said with a chuckle. “I miss my granddad. He taught me to build things, taught me to build a place I could go back to when I needed to get away from things. Find my way back to myself. There’s that at least.”

That wasn’t so bad. Quaint, but not so bad. Seo looked when he moved the camera up beside her hiding place. Staying out of sight as she talked.

“My name is Seo Inhyeon. And, yeah, I’m not a doll.” She said leaning back against the mug. “Or maybe I was. The way I played along like I cared, all these selfish bitches coming up to me about their problems. ‘You’re so cool, Seo, you could listen.’ How? Guess what? I’m a sick unfeeling bitch like everyone else.”

“Well I was at least. Now I’m just a tiny freak.” He thought he heard her laugh before she went on. “And, oh, yeah, nice try there, Mr. Sensitive, but you still went and grabbed my ass when you could.”

Say what? “Wait, what? I said I thought you were one of my dolls.” Theo felt thankful the mug kept her from seeing his face. “And I was trying to keep you from hurting yourself the … second time … ”

He knew when he was beat at least. But he still disagreed about the other thing. “But being honest with yourself doesn’t make you a bad person.”

He tried not to startle her moving the mug out of the way to get a look at her. “And you’re not a freak. Right now, you’re the most beautiful person I’ve seen.”

Seo had gotten up to stare at him. She turned away taking in everything on the tabletop. The way she was staring it was like things were beginning to fall into place. She looked up smiling like she was seeing him for the first time.

“I get it. You don’t have a hobby. You have a fetish.” She had a hand to her chest talking into the camera. “And me … this, this is your fantasy.”

Theo had his mouth open checking the floor for his eyeballs. Sounding like he had his tongue tied in knots. The girl was something else. “What are you … I’ve been doing this since I was little, it’s not like … ”

He didn't remember seeing her walk up to where he'd put down the dolls. Going through a stack of dresses and throwing down each one like they were poker cards. They were all dresses. They were all female dolls. She was looking at him like she had her answers. Looking like she was utterly in control of the conversation. A girl on a tabletop, no bigger than one of his dolls.

“You don’t have to act scared unless you want to. Master.”

Theo had trouble hearing from the blood rushing past his ears.

Doll_size_girl
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Scale Model

Post by Doll_size_girl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm

I really like what you did so far :) I really hope you will continue. I will be watching to see if you add more, it's looking great and the direction seems set. I hope he gets to play with his new doll ;) and maybe she gets trained to be a proper toy.

shrinkwrapped
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by shrinkwrapped » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am

I hope bumping this isn't a problem, but I wanted to say you should continue this one if you're on the fence! You've really got a good eye for establishing setting and characterization and I'd be happy to see more from these two, or other characters/situations you come up with!

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:31 am

Kind of curious where the doll fetish could go

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Hand-Holder » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:36 am

Hummm, interesting start, one keeps wondering, since she noticed the fetish, who will have the initiative to get more daring, him or her ???
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica

shrinkwrapped
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by shrinkwrapped » Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 am

I've reread this recently and it's a shame it never got a follow up, the writer really did a great job of establishing characters and getting their personalities across.

Xinunar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Xinunar » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:41 pm

This is a good story. I hope it continues.