New Book Out Soon -- Story Preview

The board to share all your fiction
Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

New Book Out Soon -- Story Preview

Post by Tina Tempest » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:38 am

Hey gang! With nothing else to do. I have been writing. I just finished my latest "Tiny Darlings" Here is the cover. Look for it by the middle of next week. There are four stories, "The Martian" which is about cosplay gone bad. "The Party Pool" is an employee on the way up's "in" at work. (As an aside, this contains my largest cast of characters, fourteen!) "Sister-in-law" involves a unique resolution for a family problem. Finally, there is, "If You Loved Me..." We all make mistakes in love, especially the first time.

Here is the beginning to Sister-In-Law
----------------------------------------------

Sister-In-Law

“I never thought you would stoop this low, Jeff!”
“It’s a story as old as mankind, Nancy, “Bros before ho’s”.”
“I’m your sister-in-law, Jeff.”
“Soon to be ex-sister-in-law. Billy has a lot of assets he wants to hold onto.”
“Is that what this is about?”
“Yep, that explains big brother’s trip to Boston as conference speaker. With him out of town, he won’t be a suspect when you turn up missing.”
“Missing?”
“Yeah, you didn’t think shrinking you was my endgame, did you?”
The burly shaggy-haired man set down the device in his hands.
The now tiny woman looked for an escape route, behind her was a firm concrete wall, running forward meant getting past the big man. Nancy’s head was still spinning from being zapped, as if she was slightly tipsy. She was unsure of her footing and she’d have to be fast, as fast as a puck eluding a goalie if she was to get by the big man in front of her. Just as Nancy had decided to give her brother-in-law the bum’s rush, she was in his fishing net and his hand closed in on her and lifted her into the air.
Jeff deposited her on his workbench. Jumping off would be suicide.
“OK Nancy, I’m going to have to dispose of any evidence. Take everything off, including your jewelry.”
“What!”
“Yeah, there can’t be a trace of you, no matter how minute in case the cops DO show up.”
“You can’t be serious!”
“Oh, I’m serious, Nancy. Now don’t make be the hard guy by making me use force.”
“So, what? So, you can kill me?”
“I have no intention of killing you, Nancy. Had that been my motivation, believe me, I have things here that could have done it, and we wouldn’t be speaking now.”
“Then what?”
“Billy and I are going to sell you. Split the profits seventy-thirty, my favor.”

Please let me know what you think. And as always reviews of my books are always greatly appreciated.

Lov. luck, and lollipops, Tina Tempest
Attachments
Tiny Darlings.jpg
Tiny Darlings.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 2750 times

TheBigG
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: New Book Out Soon -- Story Preview

Post by TheBigG » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 am

Roll on pay day

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: New Book Out Soon -- Story Preview

Post by FifteencentiKim » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:07 am

Wonder if she'll be listed in the same catalogue that had the Kingdom of Landover listed in it?