Always Read the Really Fine Print (story collection) now available!

The board to share all your fiction
Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Always Read the Really Fine Print (story collection) now available!

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 am

In Volume 8 of my ongoing Tales of Scale book series, the theme is Bargains & Deals! This short story collection features several miniaturization deals you can’t refuse...

In Magician’s Bargain, a young lady illusionist attempts to discover her rival’s magical secrets...but are they worth the price he’s asking...?

Or experience a Reduced Sentence, in which you'll find that when prison life gets to be too much to bear, escape is possible...but is freedom really what it’s cracked up to be, in a world so drastically different than before...?

Or learn about The Inheritance, a brand-new tale wherein a wealthy playboy sufferes a blow when his father dies unexpectedly...but will the surprise inheritance give him what he’s really looking for...?

Or try your luck at a Halloween Special, where you too might get the chance to enjoy a night of real magic...if you dare!

And in Split Personalities, you'll meet two young people, unlucky in love, who seek professional help from a very unusual shrink...will two different points of view show them the truth about themselves...?

These stories and more feature all manner of size-changing bargains, deals and contracts! Let the buyer beware!

For the Amazon Kindle version priced at only US$2.99, click here!
For the paperback version (USA) available for only US$11.95, click here! (Other countries, check out your local Amazon supplier!)

For less than a video rental or movie ticket, you can support your SW author today! Thanks for buying and enjoy!
Attachments
Tales of Scale v08 cover cropped.jpg
Tales of Scale v08 cover cropped.jpg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 3271 times

Kalzen
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Always Read the Really Fine Print (story collection) now available!

Post by Kalzen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:00 am

Don't have access to Kindle and can't order off Amazon at the time being, but dang it would be nice to read Magician's Bargain again! Loved that one back at the old site. I'll have to see if I can in the future.

Have any of these stories been changed since the last time some of us recall them? Sorry if I haven't been paying close attention to the other releases in this series.

Hope these ventures have been going well though.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Always Read the Really Fine Print (story collection) now available!

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:40 pm

The only changes have been minor edits, like correcting the passive voice I was really bad with early on (see there I go again, passive voice just creeps into everything if you aren't careful).

Each of the short story collections features at least one brand new story I've never posted anywhere, so there's something new to look forward to in each of them (this book it's "The Inheritance"). Books #3 and #6 are full novels, #3 being originally called "Stage Three," and #6 is "Adventures in Miniaturization" which needed a TON of edits because it was my first novel and originally written in a style of daily posts to a bulletin-board style website.

The next volume, #9, will be a totally new story never seen before, written as a collaboration with another SW fan named Susan Stealth. You'll see a blurb about it at the end of book 8, but basically, it's about a woman who enters the witness protection program, only to find it's a bit more extreme version than she expected...