"Mr. Templeton's Toyshop: The Figurines"

The board to share all your fiction
jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

"Mr. Templeton's Toyshop: The Figurines"

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 am

With all of the reading that I do, I've found a couple of professional stories involving SW and GTS themes. Enjoy please and thank you!

Mr. Templeton's Toyshop was a 1995 limited edition of surreal and fantastic prose poems and short short fiction pieces by the late Thomas Wiloch. (While not as short as the two-sentence stories, they usually could be read in a minute or two.) The vignettes concern a toyshop owned by a Mr. Templeton, who offers his customers gifts of cruelty in the shape of toys. It's essentially the evil opposite of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

As the title of this tale reveals, the following story is about figurines. Gee, I wonder what they might be created from...

"MR. TEMPLETON'S TOYSHOP: THE FIGURINES"
Written: Thomas Wiloch @1995
Rates safe
288 words

The figurines on the glass shelf are delicately fashioned.

"Even the eyelashes are perfect," the woman says.

Mr. Templeton smiles proudly.

"However do you carve them so?" she asks, examining a little man dressed in a business suit. She unbuttons the man's coat and a tiny label displays the manufacturer's name.

"These figures are not carved," Mr. Templeton explains. "Come here, I'll show you."

He leads her into the back of the store. Lifting a cloth, he reveals a metal birdcage. Inside the cage is a crowd of tiny people, each three inches tall.

"A simple hypodermic injection," Mr. Templeton says. "I do a bit of experimenting as a hobby."

He opens a trapdoor on the top of the cage and, reaching in with a pair of tongs, he lifts out a small woman. The woman kicks her legs and swings her arms and the sounds she makes are like squeaky shoes.

"I will show you how it is done," Mr. Templeton says.

He places the small woman in a glass jar, and then he sprays a mist at her from a squeeze bottle. The woman coughs, twitches, and then is stiff. She stands impossibly still, staring.

Mr. Templeton picks her up and hands her to his customer. "Here you are," he says. "Isn't it lovely?"

The woman gasps and drops the figurine on the floor. It shatters like a teacup.

"Oh my," says Mr. Templeton. "A most unfortunate accident. I'm afraid you will have to replace that for me."

The nervous woman reaches into her purse.

"Oh no," says Mr. Templeton, grabbing the woman's arm and poking her with a hypodermic, "that is not what I meant at all."

"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

Bloodthirstybutcher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: "Mr. Templeton's Toyshop: The Figurines"

Post by Bloodthirstybutcher » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 am

Tsk tsk tsk... pays to be more careful with precious things.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy."

-Super Hans, Peep Show

Hand-Holder
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Re: "Mr. Templeton's Toyshop: The Figurines"

Post by Hand-Holder » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:20 pm

very original, many thanks
My works are 100% free - Send a thanks here - https://www.patreon.com/SWErotica