Tina Tempest Illustrated Short Short Story

The board to share all your fiction
Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Tina Tempest Illustrated Short Short Story

Post by Tina Tempest » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:55 am

To The Graduate
My father promised me "something special" as a graduation present. His exact words were, "You'll need a way to combat the stress and aggravations that you will encounter in college. I'm going to give you something special to take with you. I think you are old enough for the responsibility."
At first, I thought I'd be getting a car. Instead, my dad handed me the keys to my grandfather's Chrysler. Gramps had decided that he wasn't up to driving anymore. The car, old man vibes and all, was better than the junk heap I had all through high school. The car was hardly "something special".
I hoped it wasn't some book on facing college and becoming more mature. The summer passed, the first day of college was getting closer and closer, and still no sign of dad's special gift. I was getting quite antsy. I wondered if my dad had simply forgotten.
Finally, the day for me to depart for college arrived. Dad was going to ride with me in the Chrysler, which was jam-packed with my stuff.
"Mind if I drive, son?" asked my father.
"Sure, dad."
As we pulled away my dad placed a small rectangular box on my lap and said,
"I think this will make college so much more interesting and rewarding. I expect you to treat your gift with respect and gentleness."
"What is it, dad?"
"Open it and find out."
"I did and my eyes beheld ...
tumblr_6b68410b54c85680e7eef976969f1247_2ac6218a_1280.jpg
tumblr_6b68410b54c85680e7eef976969f1247_2ac6218a_1280.jpg (900.58 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

Axtwyt
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Tina Tempest Illustrated Short Short Story

Post by Axtwyt » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:51 pm

Wonderful work as always, Tina!

I definitely would’ve loved this gift for graduation!