Re: The Goddess' Retreat

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:08 am

CKent45 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:40 am
chocolatejr9 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:50 am
CKent45 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 pm

Hmm. How exactly did you think the goddess' retreat was going to end?
Um, I'm not sure how I'd describe it, but I guess I was expecting something less... abrupt? Like, I know Astravia wanted to just be done with Zantharan by that point, but it felt like it was handled rather quickly. Then again, that was probably the point, wasn't it?
I suppose I can understand how you would feel that way, but what more was there to tell about her retreat? The Amazons were put in their place and cut down several pegs, the guild of sorcery was stopped and the havoc they'd caused was dealt with and repaired, Elaheh was given a second chance to spend a lifetime with Astravia and Maceo and Astravia's relationship was cemented.

I could have told more of her adventures of shrinking Elaheh to explore the wonders she'd shown Maceo earlier in the story, but that's a bit repetitive, isn't it? The world she'd retreated to was now entering into a new golden age after all their adventures, not leaving much in terms of conflict to explore.

Ultimately, her retreat was merely to give her a short breather to recover from the humiliation and degradation she'd suffered under Zantharan before she met her fate. She met that goal and then some.

That being said...
Oh. Yeah, I didn't think of that. Sorry if that caused any bother. Besides, the Epilogue you just posted was basically what I was thinking the ending would be, so it all balances out I think.

CKent45
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by CKent45 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:14 am

chocolatejr9 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:08 am
Oh. Yeah, I didn't think of that. Sorry if that caused any bother. Besides, the Epilogue you just posted was basically what I was thinking the ending would be, so it all balances out I think.
No need for apologies. I really appreciate you speaking up. Criticism is the best way for me to learn to write better.

The epilogue scene just didn't seem like it fit with the overall story of the goddess's retreat (retreat as is getaway, weekend holiday or vacation). It takes place centuries after the fact, so I figured I would tie up the loose ends of the retreat and then use an epilogue to give a taste of what laid beyond that.

I appreciate your comments. I learned from each of them.

Hopefully the epilogue resolved things to your liking, then? It seems I foreshadowed what was coming too much?
Check out my SW story Please..: https://ckent45.deviantart.com/

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:24 am

CKent45 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:14 am
chocolatejr9 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:08 am
No need for apologies. I really appreciate you speaking up. Criticism is the best way for me to learn to write better.

The epilogue scene just didn't seem like it fit with the overall story of the goddess's retreat (retreat as is getaway, weekend holiday or vacation). It takes place centuries after the fact, so I figured I would tie up the loose ends of the retreat and then use an epilogue to give a taste of what laid beyond that.

I appreciate your comments. I learned from each of them.

Hopefully the epilogue resolved things to your liking, then? It seems I foreshadowed what was coming too much?
Don't worry, I enjoyed it all the same. I'll admit, it MIGHT have been foreshadowed a little too much early on, but hey: I knew it was coming either way.