Not to Proud To Not Ask For Feedback

The board to share all your fiction
Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Not to Proud To Not Ask For Feedback

Post by Tina Tempest » Sun May 29, 2022 12:55 am

Hey gang,

Thanks to all of you who have grabbed your free copies of "Tiny Twists" and for making "Tiny Magic" a success. I would appreciate it if some of you would give Mr feedback. What did you like? What did you dislike? What do you want more of? I'm really trying to give you folks what you are looking for.

Please DON'T be shy.

XXOOXX Tina Tempest

Firewall
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Not to Proud To Not Ask For Feedback

Post by Firewall » Sun May 29, 2022 7:06 pm

Hi Tina,

I just got it on my iPad but I haven't got the chance to read it completely as of yet. I really like the first story so far.

Any chance you may do a multi part story in the future? I.E. Amber Collins does follow ups to some of her stories she puts up.

Nropyub
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Nropyub » Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 pm

Hi! I haven’t read too much of your work, an earlier story of yours just didn’t grab me, but I’m willing to pick up your two latest and offer my thoughts. I actually just finished a different story and was considering posting reviews in the general chat, so I wouldn’t mind treating this as a practice run if you dont!

Some things I want to make clear first:
1. Taste is subjective. What I like and don’t like is completely relative.
2. Criticism is meant to be completely constructive, but it can still hurt pride and feelings. That isn’t the goal but it can happen. I’m sorry if it does
3. Putting yourself out there as a writer takes a lot of bravery and absolutely nothing I, or anyone else, say should make you regret that.

If all those sound good to you I’ll pick up whichever story you want to me to read first and go for it!

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Tina Tempest » Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm

Firewall wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 7:06 pm
Hi Tina,

I just got it on my iPad but I haven't got the chance to read it completely as of yet. I really like the first story so far.

Any chance you may do a multi part story in the future? I.E. Amber Collins does follow ups to some of her stories she puts up.
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. While I generally don't sequels or continuations, I am curious as to which of my stories you would like continued and why. I like to placate my readers. What type of story would you like to see in a multi-part format? Which of my characters would you like to see again?

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Tina Tempest » Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Nropyub wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 pm
Hi! I haven’t read too much of your work, an earlier story of yours just didn’t grab me, but I’m willing to pick up your two latest and offer my thoughts. I actually just finished a different story and was considering posting reviews in the general chat, so I wouldn’t mind treating this as a practice run if you dont!

Some things I want to make clear first:
1. Taste is subjective. What I like and don’t like is completely relative.
2. Criticism is meant to be completely constructive, but it can still hurt pride and feelings. That isn’t the goal but it can happen. I’m sorry if it does
3. Putting yourself out there as a writer takes a lot of bravery and absolutely nothing I, or anyone else, say should make you regret that.

If all those sound good to you I’ll pick up whichever story you want to me to read first and go for it!
I have no problem with any of this.

Tina Tempest

Rocket
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Not too Proud To Not Ask For Feedback

Post by Rocket » Tue May 31, 2022 7:20 pm

Hi! Was just thinking about the multi-part comment ... usually when I hear that I think of books with sequels. I'm not sure if short stories lend themselves to that, but in theory if you have a well-developed character and say, want to drive traffic to your website to promote other books, you could offer at the end of the story that readers could go to your website, subscribe (if you don't have a newsletter, then maybe just subscribe to alerts of new books coming out) and receive a free short-story sequel using the same characters in a new adventure. Just an idea. :)

travis365
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by travis365 » Tue May 31, 2022 8:09 pm

I love the stories but I do love a good romance one. I see alot of the time you tend to go the mistress or affair route but I'd love to see more willing and more hubby and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend stuff. Otherwise love the work

Nropyub
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Nropyub » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 am

Just finished Tiny Magic.

I think my biggest criticism is your lack of details. You put these characters in these interesting scenarios but the details, on the sights, the sounds, and emotions, all of it is very thin. Tell us more. The last story with Darla the best in my opinion for more than one reason and it’s still far too…I dunno, plain? Your sex scenes are short. Give us foreplay, give us descriptions. Paint the picture! I found myself rereading pages because I wasn’t sure what was going on.

The lack of details really keeps me from feeling like I’m in the room with your scenes. I think if you spend more time describing the whole scene, and how the characters feel about it, you’ll find readers are able to make a stronger connection to the characters.

Good luck and keep at it!

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Not too Proud To Not Ask For Feedback

Post by Tina Tempest » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:50 pm

Rocket wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:20 pm
Hi! Was just thinking about the multi-part comment ... usually when I hear that I think of books with sequels. I'm not sure if short stories lend themselves to that, but in theory if you have a well-developed character and say, want to drive traffic to your website to promote other books, you could offer at the end of the story that readers could go to your website, subscribe (if you don't have a newsletter, then maybe just subscribe to alerts of new books coming out) and receive a free short-story sequel using the same characters in a new adventure. Just an idea. :)
I have written stories, especially for fans in the past. I'm willing to do that again. I'm not really what stories would lend themselves to a sequel. I'd be open to suggestions as to which stories I create sequels for.

XXOOXX -- Tina Tempesr

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Tina Tempest » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Nropyub wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 am
Just finished Tiny Magic.

I think my biggest criticism is your lack of details. You put these characters in these interesting scenarios but the details, on the sights, the sounds, and emotions, all of it is very thin. Tell us more. The last story with Darla the best in my opinion for more than one reason and it’s still far too…I dunno, plain? Your sex scenes are short. Give us foreplay, give us descriptions. Paint the picture! I found myself rereading pages because I wasn’t sure what was going on.

The lack of details really keeps me from feeling like I’m in the room with your scenes. I think if you spend more time describing the whole scene, and how the characters feel about it, you’ll find readers are able to make a stronger connection to the characters.

Good luck and keep at it!
That's always the balance with erotica. To some I provide too much to others, not enough. I will keep your criticism in mind in the future -- Thank you for your comments.
--XXOOX Tina Tempest

Tina Tempest
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Tina Tempest » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:58 pm

travis365 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:09 pm
I love the stories but I do love a good romance one. I see alot of the time you tend to go the mistress or affair route but I'd love to see more willing and more hubby and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend stuff. Otherwise love the work
I like romance as well. My readers also like variety. I'll try to create more stories like "MILF on the Shelf."

--XXOOX Tina Tempest

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:32 am

Hi Tina,

I have to agree with some of the others about the details and things. However, the details I'd like to read are more about what the girl is experiencing being small. Like in the living doll story, there's very little of how she is feeling being small and living with giants. Or being played with and dressed and undressed. Or what it feels like for her being held in a giant hand and enclosed in giant fingers. Even with the erotic parts, it doesn't always seem like she is a sw having sex with giants, but just having sex.

Though I have to admit, I'm not really into the erotic stuff that much. I've had this fetish for a very, very long time and I think I must have read or seen every way there is to have sex with a sw, so it doesn't really do much for me. I prefer stories about SWs being kept as a beloved doll or toy and played with, or as pet being taken care of and maybe cuddled and kissed. And not roughly or anything like that. Always, kind and loving and gentle.

Overall, I do enjoy your stories and have several of your collections on my Kindle app and will buy more of them in the future.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:14 am

goodshrnker wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:32 am
Hi Tina,

I have to agree with some of the others about the details and things. However, the details I'd like to read are more about what the girl is experiencing being small. Like in the living doll story, there's very little of how she is feeling being small and living with giants. Or being played with and dressed and undressed. Or what it feels like for her being held in a giant hand and enclosed in giant fingers. Even with the erotic parts, it doesn't always seem like she is a sw having sex with giants, but just having sex.
I agree with you about the details you prefer. As an occasional writer myself, I always give priority to what it's like to be picked up and handled by the "giant", and indeed what it feels like for the "handler" or perpetrator. Things like that are important factors and shouldn't just be left to the reader's imagination or skated over. I've always despaired with reading stock phrases like "And then he reached down and grabbed her", as though it was just as simple an act as that. When in reality it would be an enormous challenge to pick up a small living female safely without physically harming her in the process, and especially with the emotional turmoil and stress she'd be experiencing. As things develop of course (in a relatively benign situation), describing the details of physical interaction may become of less importance as the characters become familiar with it, but it should never be taken for granted.

My observations aren't directed at Tina's work btw, as I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of her stories (in fact I read very little nowadays due to eye strain issues). But most of what I've read in the past hasn't really addressed the points I mention.

goodshrnker wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:32 am
Though I have to admit, I'm not really into the erotic stuff that much. I've had this fetish for a very, very long time and I think I must have read or seen every way there is to have sex with a sw, so it doesn't really do much for me. I prefer stories about SWs being kept as a beloved doll or toy and played with, or as pet being taken care of and maybe cuddled and kissed. And not roughly or anything like that. Always, kind and loving and gentle.
Well, I think the "erotic" stuff is certainly important if not essential to a good story, but it needn't be arrived at in haste or be too obvious or crude (which is partly the reason I dislike the shrinking out of clothes concept, which I've always considered a shortcut to the obvious). But like you I'm more interested in unequal size relationships, and how it plays out for the woman involved on a psychological level. There are any number of scenarios to explore where the woman is at a distinct physical disadvantage to the man, and they can be as varied in nature as we desire (benign and loving, or a little darker and more sinister).

Without wanting to highjack Tina's thread (and I hope she'll forgive my ramblings). Does anyone think that size preferences play an important part in the enjoyment of a story? (ie, if the sw character isn't at the size scale you personally enjoy, does that detract from the enjoyment).
sally g, reincarnated.

CKent45
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by CKent45 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Little Sal wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:14 am

I agree with you about the details you prefer. As an occasional writer myself, I always give priority to what it's like to be picked up and handled by the "giant", and indeed what it feels like for the "handler" or perpetrator. Things like that are important factors and shouldn't just be left to the reader's imagination or skated over. I've always despaired with reading stock phrases like "And then he reached down and grabbed her", as though it was just as simple an act as that. When in reality it would be an enormous challenge to pick up a small living female safely without physically harming her in the process, and especially with the emotional turmoil and stress she'd be experiencing. As things develop of course (in a relatively benign situation), describing the details of physical interaction may become of less importance as the characters become familiar with it, but it should never be taken for granted.
Who the hell are you shrinking for that's treating you so callously and with such disregard? I can assure you that a gentleman is more than capable of handling your tiny, delicate form gently enough that not only would you be safe, you'd actually be comfortable as his hand glides softly in from behind you, catching your tiny knees from behind and sweeping you fluidly up into his palm, all the while cupping your teensy little feet with the other hand to ensure you remain secure while you ascend for a conversation from a more proper angle.

As for the shrinking along with clothing thing; everyone knows that the shrinking process warps fabrics, making them far less comfortable and usable for soft, velvety skin such as your own. They must be chaffing you terribly by now...
Check out my SW story Please..: https://ckent45.deviantart.com/

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:44 pm

CKent45 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:44 pm
Who the hell are you shrinking for that's treating you so callously and with such disregard? I can assure you that a gentleman is more than capable of handling your tiny, delicate form gently enough that not only would you be safe, you'd actually be comfortable as his hand glides softly in from behind you, catching your tiny knees from behind and sweeping you fluidly up into his palm, all the while cupping your teensy little feet with the other hand to ensure you remain secure while you ascend for a conversation from a more proper angle.
I was making the poiint that all due care should be exercised by someone who is inexperienced, and that the handling process be described in some detail (in a story). But you sir require no advice about the procedure or lack the talent for describing it, so I commend you. :D
CKent45 wrote:
As for the shrinking along with clothing thing; everyone knows that the shrinking process warps fabrics, making them far less comfortable and usable for soft, velvety skin such as your own. They must be chaffing you terribly by now...
I suspect some wishful thinking if you believe that to be the case, either that or you need an upgraded shrinking device! Rest assured my clothes feel just fine when I agree to be reduced in size, until a point is reached when I may be comfortable to part company with them. :)

Again, apologies to Tina for drifting off topic somewhat.
sally g, reincarnated.

CKent45
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by CKent45 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:35 pm

Little Sal wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:44 pm
CKent45 wrote:
I was making the point that all due care should be exercised by someone who is inexperienced, and that the handling process be described in some detail (in a story). But you sir require no advice about the procedure or lack the talent for describing it, so I commend you. :D
I wrote that description more to gauge response to the description. The complaint was for more detail, which is actually in line with comments I provided to her privately, however reading the feedback in this thread left me wondering about their feedback vs. mine. Hopefully what I did, and what you just confirmed, was provide a simple demonstration of description of an event without even going too far into detail about size comparisons.

What I can say about Tina's work is that she is very good at describing things, I only provided feedback on specific areas where I would have personally liked more detail. But I also let her know that in the short story I was writing her about she provided a good deal of detail on the foreplay leading up to an intimate moment, describing carefully how a doll sized woman was slowly and sensually undressed in a manner that you wouldn't expect with someone miniaturized. Those descriptions were quite fun and interesting to read, I simply wanted that level of description as their intimacy moved to the next stage.

Now, here's the other issue when it comes to detail that I'm sure Tina has been weighing carefully: we're talking about short stories here. There is only so much that you can put into a short story before it isn't a short story any longer. Her stories, from I've read so far, seem to have good pacing and flow, which excessive detail can disrupt, especially in a short story. If the line I provided above is a half way decent example of a quick description of carefully lifting up a shrunken woman, then I think it's safe to say from what I've read this is a skill Tina's mastered probably better than I have. It's more a question of placement of said details, and importance in the story. She put herself out there by asking for this feedback and I can tell you that it's really hard to get that feedback in writing, even when you ask for it and when it does come in, it's really hard to take in stride. While I agree with wanting more details, it's important to provide her with specifics in as good of detail as we can rather than just comments of "I want more detail." You might not have read her works, but you gave me something very specific to latch on to so that I could test my theory, which was invaluable. Plus, it helps me practice on my own providing of details. ;)
Little Sal wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:44 pm
CKent45 wrote:
I suspect some wishful thinking if you believe that to be the case, either that or you need an upgraded shrinking device! Rest assured my clothes feel just fine when I agree to be reduced in size, until a point is reached when I may be comfortable to part company with them. :)

Again, apologies to Tina for drifting off topic somewhat.
As you wish. We shall simply ignore the redness of your skin at the edges of your sleeves. I'd assumed it was a rash from the abrasiveness of your improperly shrunken garments, but maybe under your clothes you're just several shades redder than outside of them. ;)

Also, I think Amazon books do text to speech, so I'm sure you can listen to Tina's books if that works better for you.
Check out my SW story Please..: https://ckent45.deviantart.com/

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:54 pm

CKent45 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:35 pm
I wrote that description more to gauge response to the description. The complaint was for more detail, which is actually in line with comments I provided to her privately, however reading the feedback in this thread left me wondering about their feedback vs. mine. Hopefully what I did, and what you just confirmed, was provide a simple demonstration of description of an event without even going too far into detail about size comparisons.

What I can say about Tina's work is that she is very good at describing things, I only provided feedback on specific areas where I would have personally liked more detail. But I also let her know that in the short story I was writing her about she provided a good deal of detail on the foreplay leading up to an intimate moment, describing carefully how a doll sized woman was slowly and sensually undressed in a manner that you wouldn't expect with someone miniaturized. Those descriptions were quite fun and interesting to read, I simply wanted that level of description as their intimacy moved to the next stage.

Now, here's the other issue when it comes to detail that I'm sure Tina has been weighing carefully: we're talking about short stories here. There is only so much that you can put into a short story before it isn't a short story any longer. Her stories, from I've read so far, seem to have good pacing and flow, which excessive detail can disrupt, especially in a short story. If the line I provided above is a half way decent example of a quick description of carefully lifting up a shrunken woman, then I think it's safe to say from what I've read this is a skill Tina's mastered probably better than I have. It's more a question of placement of said details, and importance in the story. She put herself out there by asking for this feedback and I can tell you that it's really hard to get that feedback in writing, even when you ask for it and when it does come in, it's really hard to take in stride. While I agree with wanting more details, it's important to provide her with specifics in as good of detail as we can rather than just comments of "I want more detail." You might not have read her works, but you gave me something very specific to latch on to so that I could test my theory, which was invaluable. Plus, it helps me practice on my own providing of details. ;)
Well first off I think it's good you've gotten the thread back on topic, and nice that you've been in touch with Tina to share ideas and offer advice. Writing is such a personal thing to embark on it can be a lonely journey, so getting some feedback at least tells you you've made a connection with somebody. And I found myself nodding along to most of what you said above, and well said it was too.

Personally, I'd never welcome the sort of feedback that's in the form of a critique, because I'm my own best (or indeed worst) critic. If I haven't satisfied myself with what what I've written after painfully pouring over it for days and sometimes weeks, then I consider it done and indeed the best I could have done. Whether it works for someone else or not becomes secondary because I write to express my own peculiar fantasies first and foremost, and at the end of it all I usually feel thoroughly entertained, on a personal level at least. :D But when sometimes I get some very positive feedback, it feels uplifting to know that you've resonated with someone. I'm sure most writers get that sort of buzz too, so I don't consider myself unique in any way.

I feel I could go on at length here, but it's a complex subject and I'm conscious of hogging someone else's topic.

CKent45 wrote:
As you wish. We shall simply ignore the redness of your skin at the edges of your sleeves. I'd assumed it was a rash from the abrasiveness of your improperly shrunken garments, but maybe under your clothes you're just several shades redder than outside of them. ;)
Oh no sir.. as YOU wish! :D I can recognise your "out of clothes" preferences blindfolded, and who am I to pour cold water over them.
Enjoy them at your leisure and pleasure, but it won't be me you'll be finding under that odd looking pile of clothing, lol!
CKent45 wrote:
Also, I think Amazon books do text to speech, so I'm sure you can listen to Tina's books if that works better for you.
That's something I may have to investigate, so thank you for the heads up.
sally g, reincarnated.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:26 am

Little Sal wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:14 am

Honestly, I don't think it would really be that much of a challenge. Try picking up a doll or something similar in a fist and while picking it up, imagine it is alive. And while holding it, focus on how your hand feels. At least for me, my hand doesn't feel strained or squeezing at all.

And you can't really say "in reality" because there's never been a person really shrunk to see how it feels or what would happen if they were picked up. And they might not be necessarily experiencing emotional turmoil and stress either. Esepcially, if they voluntarily become a living doll like in Tina's story.

Little Sally
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Little Sally » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:44 am

goodshrnker wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:26 am
Honestly, I don't think it would really be that much of a challenge. Try picking up a doll or something similar in a fist and while picking it up, imagine it is alive. And while holding it, focus on how your hand feels. At least for me, my hand doesn't feel strained or squeezing at all.
Agreed, there'd be absolutely no physical effort involved for the "giant" man concerned, though I'd hope he'd be less blasé about the task than you seem to suggest. I was envisaging it being a first time experience for both parties, so the challenge (for the man) would be to do it competently and safely without undue stress on the woman. It can't be likened to picking up a plastic doll in your fist. If you pick up a living woman in the wrong sort of way you could easily interfere with the mechanics of breathing (even though you might not intend that). That's why I go into detail in my own writings, on the best and safest methods.

Perhaps imagine how it would feel if it were yourself being picked up by a man's huge hand.
goodshrnker wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:26 am
And you can't really say "in reality" because there's never been a person really shrunk to see how it feels or what would happen if they were picked up. And they might not be necessarily experiencing emotional turmoil and stress either. Esepcially, if they voluntarily become a living doll like in Tina's story.
Well I believe I can say "in reality", if that means applying yourself to imagine something to be real. Otherwise, what's the point in having any imagination at all? Again, the point I was making, is how a woman might feel in being physically handled for the very first time.

Of course if it eventually became a regular experience for both parties, then that's a different matter altogether. So all the more importance to get it right in the first place.

Been nice chatting with you sir. :)
sally g, reincarnated.