Pranked!

The board to share all your fiction
coolguy69
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Pranked!

Post by coolguy69 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:23 am

Pam couldn’t help it.
Working at the office, she always pranked her friends. The classic “fill the mouse with a penny” routine, putting sticky notes of lewd messages under the keyboards, and asking people how their day was in Anglo-Saxon and answering their answer with another Anglo-Saxon statement. The last one was her personal favorite.
It became a little back-and-forth with some of her co-workers, but Pam always found a way to win in the end. There were no contenders, she was simply the best.
This was the solution to an otherwise boring job. One hour of work, and she had done it all for the day. The rest was filled with browsing the internet, pranking co-workers, or walking aimlessly around, every couple weeks finding a new victim, err, hire, that was about to have a single penny placed into their new office mouse. It was also nice to have a new person learn a bit of Anglo-Saxon, because most people in the office already knew the basics by now.
One day while scrolling through the ‘net, she stumbled upon what claimed to be the ultimate prank. She found it through much of her idle time – digging deeper, and deeper, into the web, and landed into what some people call the “dark web”. She wasn’t there for any intent, she was just a bored wanderer, curious for any taste of excitement. And the post about the prank immediately caught her.
“Prank your friends at work! :)” It claimed. “They won’t ever see you the same again! :)” she continued reading. “Only $420.69. One prank left in stock. Claim it while you can! :) Please address to your workplace :)”.
The price tag was steep, and she closed the tab. Too much for just a prank, she thought, along with many others who had stumbled upon the same site. But the days, and the weeks, dragged on by… and her curiosity only grew. There were only so many ideas she could come up with. And finally, she caved in, and sent the money over.
“Hang tight :)”, she got in reply to her e-mails. “Your prank is coming soon :)
She felt a little bad, spending so much on such a risk. It was not in her nature to blow over four hundred dollars on what could have been a scam in the first place. But the reply gave her some assurance that this was going to be worth it.
3 days later, on a Monday, it arrived at her workplace. An old 2002 copier/faxer/printer, XEROX style. Pam looked at it in dismay. “The old butt on the copier prank? Is this what this is supposed to be about?” She hooked it up to the wall and stared at it. It stared back at her with COPY | FAX | PRINT. She clicked on the COPY button and retrieved a list of users to send it to. “This is so stupid” she said with a slight giggle. With no one looking, she pried open the top of the copier, and sat on it.
With a flash, the copier snapped a picture of her. And at the same time, she noticed the flash had changed something. She had been suddenly teleported to a world of white space – a clear floor beneath her, and a blinding light behind her. What had happened to the office?
She stood up and noticed there were cubicles off in the distance. Office lights above her. And a gigantic, half-completed slanted ceiling towered over her. Still confused, she took two small steps forward on the clear floor.
And then it hit her.
Many people received something in their inbox. A picture, but not of just a butt, but the whole bottom side of a tiny, sitting doll, which only covered the middle part of the photo. The rest was blank.
I looked over my cubicle, seeing how tiny and helpless she was :) All the pranks she had pulled on me…today, I finally won :) I'll give a few moments to marinate my win, before I go over and show her what a human looks like when you're doll-sized... :)

Sumguy14
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Pranked!

Post by Sumguy14 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:46 am

that's a brilliant premise. You set the scene well. I for sure would read on if you decide to continue further.
Neat!

coolguy69
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: Pranked!

Post by coolguy69 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Sumguy14 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:46 am
that's a brilliant premise. You set the scene well. I for sure would read on if you decide to continue further.
Thanks! I enjoy writing premises, I wrote a few other stories in this forum section if you're interested ^^