COVID-19

A place to talk about stuff that is not specifically fitting into one of the other categories
darthbizmarck13
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

COVID-19

Post by darthbizmarck13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 am

How is everyone holding up?

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: COVID-19

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:35 am

More or less ok. Pissed about the tensions around the neighborhood but hanging in there somehow.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

darthbizmarck13
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by darthbizmarck13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 am

Thats all we can really do, hang in there and try not to go crazy

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Wait, is going crazy even an option for anyone around here?
i thought only sane people can do that
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

TheReducer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by TheReducer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:35 pm

I've been working because I'm deemed essential as a cab driver. So I see all the stupid out there, like parents dragging the whole family to the store just because they're bored at home.
Thanks to Sally G for the avatar.
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/The-Reducer/e/B0 ... vu00_r1_c1

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 pm

Elana wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:37 pm
Wait, is going crazy even an option for anyone around here?
i thought only sane people can do that
They say people who are crazy don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy. Isn't that crazy?

TheBigG
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by TheBigG » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 am

Living the dream of every introvert

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 am

Lucky you; as an introvert I should feel joy; but sharing my gernal place of comfort with others who aren't so lax or reversed has become tedious.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

FifteencentiKim
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by FifteencentiKim » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Has put me out of pocket for the last few weeks

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 am

I'm... largely unaffected, strangely. I'm in this weird niche where I'm 'essential' and have a job where we're honestly pretty safe; we have almost no contact with people at work, we've cut off what little contact we've had with outsiders, we handle materials well past the generally accepted three days infectious threshold, and... yeah. Really, I wear a mask and go to the store less, and otherwise if it wasn't for the news I barely would have noticed.

I was all prepped for some time off, but as it turns out we're not even laying anyone off or anything. This is the one time that, outside of 'No one would EVER believe me' stories my job has actully been good. Hell, even gas has been cheaper.
Power is choice.

Dr.Minimizer
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Dr.Minimizer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:30 am

I've written an entire novel during this crisis.

Cariwebo
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Cariwebo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Dr.Minimizer wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:30 am
I've written an entire novel during this crisis.
A novel during a novel coronovirus.
:)

chesya
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chesya » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:11 pm

I have Bipolar 1 not because I want to get away with poor behaviour or sound interesting, I really have it. I promise it's more often a bummer than fascinating or interesting. For the first three months of lockdown my condition improved vastly. The deep peace slowed me down into a more stable state. There's got to be ways we can keep partially some aspects of lockdown that have been positive.

jitensha
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by jitensha » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:44 am

Oofff I've had a lot of emotional breakdowns. I was supposed to move late April, early May to finally start my family with my husband in Japan. Obviously that never happened because everything shutdown, including whole countries. :? I've lived in Japan before (and he grew up there), and so we had been eagerly planning this move for almost 2 years. Back in March when things started locking down, I was still living in my apartment in Queens, walking distance from the notorious Elmhurst hospital. I experienced probably the worst panic attacks of my life, not only because my life was now on hold until god knows when, but I had lost my job and Sergio's salary was cut. We were living in a very tiny apartment, no backyard/green areas, and social distancing in NYC was almost close to impossible. It's a very pedestrian heavy city, so getting around even to go to the market was horrifying when you're bumping into people and you know 1,000 lives are being lost a day to this virus. My best friend lost his Father to covid. A size kinkster friend of mine who lived out in NJ lost his mother to it as well. It was very real, and very scary for me. I knew I probably wouldn't be finding a job anytime soon in NYC, so unfortunately we decided to move away from NYC temporarily so we wouldn't drain the little savings we had for our Japan move. When it was safe enough to leave NYC around early July, my husband and I quarantined at a hotel for 2 weeks after our flight, and moved in finally with my parents....in Miami Florida. My mom calls me the virus chaser LOL.

Despite the renewed craziness around me again, I'm thankfully much better now. My parent's backyard is a godsent. Having space is amazing. I'm still a bit depressed about everything, smoking up a storm pretty much daily because I had to put my family plans on hold. I really want to be a mother, but I also don't want to be doing a million checkups at doctors offices or hospitals during this crisis. I also very much love my parents, and so grateful that I still have them around, but holy hell do I hate living with them lol. Hopefully there will be a vaccine soon. I hope y'all are staying safe! :)

AB23
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by AB23 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 pm

I live in Miami too & the lockdown has been interesting to say the least. Thankfully the beaches reopened and other than the usual afternoon thunderstorms it's somewhat safe to go out.

lilliputlover
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by lilliputlover » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:56 pm

To be honest, it's not been any different to me- I medically retired last year due to Parkinson's (I have bad, slurred speech and sometimes black out, but luckily I don't have hand shakes..) so for me, being stuck indoors is normal..

Prof Sai
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by Prof Sai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:58 am

Logically this should be a good time for doing art, but I am very discouraged. :(

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:06 pm

I am making a lot of art now just trying not to lose my mind. Though my creativity is tending to dry up time to time

wmhny
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by wmhny » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:42 pm

We are all essential workers. Medical, assisted living, grocery store, media, and auto parts.