Help posting an image

If you have difficulties with one of the board functions, this is the place to talk about it.
And if you are lucky someone can help you too ;)
Post Reply
RMitchell
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:48 pm
Gender:
Contact:

Help posting an image

Post by RMitchell » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:25 pm

I'm trying to post an image, but the system won't let me. Is there something I need to do first?

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Elana » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:19 pm

Not really. You click on "Add image to post" and select one.

Do not use the attachments tab.
That is set to a ridiculous small amount so you use the option that used cloud disc space instead of the server own space, to avoid ugly business with the disc running full again
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

User avatar
Misha358
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:03 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Misha358 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:05 pm

I get this error message when trying to post images:

"You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove https://postimg[dot]cc"

with . instead of [dot].

Even trying to post the error message gets me the error message.

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Elana » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Looking at your post count, I guess the issue is that the anti spam features didn't want to allow you to post links in your first message total.

Having now 2 messages under your belt the problem should have solved itself.
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Tookan
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 07, 2022 8:51 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Tookan » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:06 pm

commenting here so I can also post links! :lol:

JoeDoe
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by JoeDoe » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:34 am

Ah, good to know.

demonelvis

Re: Help posting an image

Post by demonelvis » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:57 am

Having the same issue, so adding a comment to see if that let's me post and image afterwards.

DocRick

Re: Help posting an image

Post by DocRick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:20 am

I'll try again too.

Swalinsky
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Swalinsky » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:54 pm

I have the same problem, let's see if it can be solved by increasing the post count :D

Flagg3D
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:42 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Flagg3D » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:06 am

I also have the same problem (I had to create a new account :( ..) Hopefully I can post with images now!

Baggyclothesfan
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Baggyclothesfan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:59 pm

Also commenting here to post images :)

Qzerty6969
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:47 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Qzerty6969 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:31 am

Same issue as well...

Qzerty6969
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:47 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Qzerty6969 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 am

I wonder if the forum had problem with spammers or raiders in the past for these features/limitations to exist, it's very inconvenient

User avatar
DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master
Posts: 2387
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:53 am
Location: The Dark Side
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by DocRick » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:46 pm

Qzerty6969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 am
I wonder if the forum had problem with spammers or raiders in the past for these features/limitations to exist, it's very inconvenient
I just posted some and had no issues.

Did you fully register? I made that error in the beginning.

Qzerty6969
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:47 am
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Qzerty6969 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm

DocRick wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:46 pm
Qzerty6969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 am
I wonder if the forum had problem with spammers or raiders in the past for these features/limitations to exist, it's very inconvenient
I just posted some and had no issues.

Did you fully register? I made that error in the beginning.
It turns out that I just didn't wait long enough after posting my first messages when I tried to reupload earlier, but I managed to create my topic
https://shrunken-women-board.com/phpBB3 ... =11&t=6253

Thanks for the help!

User avatar
DocRick
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master
Posts: 2387
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:53 am
Location: The Dark Side
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by DocRick » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:30 pm

Qzerty6969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm
DocRick wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:46 pm
Qzerty6969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 am
I wonder if the forum had problem with spammers or raiders in the past for these features/limitations to exist, it's very inconvenient
I just posted some and had no issues.

Did you fully register? I made that error in the beginning.
It turns out that I just didn't wait long enough after posting my first messages when I tried to reupload earlier, but I managed to create my topic
https://shrunken-women-board.com/phpBB3 ... =11&t=6253

Thanks for the help!
I also see you've upgraded from "visitor". I think that's a thing admin has to do before you can post images.

User avatar
Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Help posting an image

Post by Elana » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:45 pm

the update should happen automatically after you did your first post.

And yes the limitation for links in the first post is because it helps defeating the stupidest of spam bots.
(which try once and when it doesn't work give up)
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest