Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: Gen V - The Boys Spinoff

Post by eddiegiantman » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm

Jeebus wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:22 pm
Just a few thoughts now that the dust has settled. I take my back original review, the scene is amazing for what it is, and Lizzie's acting is S tier. This woman is seriously going places after this show.

The reception to the scene and Lizzie has also been overwhelmingly positive outside of the SW community, even if the reviews aren't great on the show itself. People love her character, and she seems to be carrying the show.

As others have mentioned, this is a true watershed moment for SW in the mainstream. All this talk of nudes and commissions has me worried of giving us "bad press" at some point. We need to be a community that the industry wants to keep entertaining, and not worried about galvanizing a bunch of weirdos.

It has been extraordinarily exciting seeing this unfold with you all, and truly felt like Xmas came early this year. Let's remember just how much material we have already, and continue to find positive, non-invasive ways to support this show.
I think the cast will be bigger after this. Ironically I saw Lizzie in other work before this so she seems to be a utility actress.

I do think the commissions thing is ok poser/art wise but there's other people who go through similar stuff like the Cassie Lang actress. (Waiting for that commission to get the approval). I know we are mostly focusing on the character and not the actress. Let's also hope the GTS diehards don't poison and salt the Earth with this.

I know the SW community will support this because IT'S A LEGIT SW CHARACTER THAT IS NOT A ONE OFF. We are just hoping she likes being small and gets her life together from her issues.

Again, let's hope for the best and more sizey stuff later on.

Okay, let's wait until Thursday now lol.

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:07 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm
Jeebus wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:22 pm
I take my back original review, the scene is amazing for what it is, and Lizzie's acting is S tier. This woman is seriously going places after this show.
I think the cast will be bigger after this. Ironically I saw Lizzie in other work before this so she seems to be a utility actress.
She's been great all the way through, but 2 moments stand out with her:

-The part when she confronts the girl who outs her purging secret. That face was heartbreaking.

-I just found out something that makes one of my favorite moments even better (again, I miss things, if I'm repeating stuff please forgive me): when she's getting briefed for the stealth mission and she gives her weird little "Giddit, goddit, guud," I thought it was just a weird passive line reading and I was confused but I thought it was cute. I initially missed the reply she gave to the guy when he asks if she's ok: she was still coming down from the joint she was smoking earlier. So she was actually a bit loopy when she was talking and her acting with the fluttering eyes and passive tone makes way more sense now and it somehow it makes her 10x cuter.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:58 pm

I saw an article where it said the dick riding scene blew the dick delving, dick-splosion out of the water. After reading the article I still can't tell if it's click bait, marketing and PR, genuine shock with regards to the content of the scene or moral shock because she was just used (not like the dude from The Boys straight up killed a dude Antman v Thanos style...).

Either way the article sings the praise of the scene and character and, is shit you not, expresses hope we see more of her using her size for sexy play at even smaller sizes...

Holy shit. Did we finally win?

Also I have to laugh at the mob at Giantess City complaining she isn't growing into a 12 foot tall dommie mommy and hoping so bad she finds a way to grow and trying to sell her growing as some sort of character growth (ironic) and suggesting it has to happen.... cope harder guys. Maybe next seasons we'll get the live action Giantess fucking a sky scraper scene we've all been waiting for but for this season just stay in your lane and let us enjoy the win.

Mercurius
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mercurius » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:25 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:58 pm
I saw an article where it said the dick riding scene blew the dick delving, dick-splosion out of the water. After reading the article I still can't tell if it's click bait, marketing and PR, genuine shock with regards to the content of the scene or moral shock because she was just used (not like the dude from The Boys straight up killed a dude Antman v Thanos style...).

Either way the article sings the praise of the scene and character and, is shit you not, expresses hope we see more of her using her size for sexy play at even smaller sizes...

Holy shit. Did we finally win?
That scene, in itself, is a main plot of Emma's character development, like she never used to do it beforehand. But I'm sure later on, she'll enjoy rocking a big man's dick...or a woman's vag, using her powers for pleasure.

If I'm wrong, well...they blew a good opportunity.

It's already got praise in how they pulled it off with the special fx, so I hope the writers to actually develop her character much more to the point where jerking a guy's dick or becoming some woman's dildo becomes part of her Supes life like Termite, but more tame.

Tinkerbell’s Bf
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tinkerbell’s Bf » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:34 pm

Thank you for posting this. My hope is restored lol

bobvan2
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by bobvan2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:11 pm

Can bring hope for a modern day LOTG remake

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:53 pm

I find it interesting that people are ignoring the 1-3 foot range of possibilities. Seems easy enough for this character.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:09 am

Jeebus wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:53 pm
I find it interesting that people are ignoring the 1-3 foot range of possibilities. Seems easy enough for this character.
I do wonder the different challenges filming that size vs smaller. I would assume that has too much to do with these decisions.

Also, in a world where some people consider everything grooming in can see them being wearing if portraying a young woman as child sized, even outside of a sex scene.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:13 am

Jeebus wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:53 pm
We did get some during the purge scenes.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:32 am

Raso719 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:09 am
Also, in a world where some people consider everything grooming in can see them being wearing if portraying a young woman as child sized, even outside of a sex scene.
Yeah I was thinking that as well. Even though she has way more agency at a slightly larger size, it isn't seen that way.
eddiegiantman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:13 am
We did get some during the purge scenes.
Exactly, that's what has me considering it.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:26 pm

Raso719 wrote:

Also I have to laugh at the mob at Giantess City complaining she isn't growing into a 12 foot tall dommie mommy and hoping so bad she finds a way to grow and trying to sell her growing as some sort of character growth (ironic) and suggesting it has to happen.... cope harder guys. Maybe next seasons we'll get the live action Giantess fucking a sky scraper scene we've all been waiting for but for this season just stay in your lane and let us enjoy the win.

They had Termite! It's never enough for them.

theangelofdeath1986
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by theangelofdeath1986 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Yeah I really hope she doesn't go all giantess. I still hope the whole she has to keep the calories up just to be normal height and her power is growing cause she is actually tiny by default as first thought is actually true.

shrinklover

Post by shrinklover » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:32 am

I hope there are lots of other raunchy and sexy scenes from our little cricket in the next episodes. Even beating the lewd scenes of The Termite in The Boys. Emma Meyer I love you, you are perfect

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 am

Pre-release articles said her sexy scene(S) were the most outrageous and gross. They also all shared whole paragraphs across multiple outlets though and Bezos owns the the fucking knew so who knows.

The Boys are really into fucked up deaths and shit. Maybe we'll see her shrinking microscopic while she vomits on a puddle of jizz while her partner watches with sick fascination. Like some tragic betrayal of her trust where she flat out gets taken advantage of.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:46 am

Raso719 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 am
Pre-release articles said her sexy scene(S) were the most outrageous and gross. They also all shared whole paragraphs across multiple outlets though and Bezos owns the the fucking knew so who knows.

The Boys are really into fucked up deaths and shit. Maybe we'll see her shrinking microscopic while she vomits on a puddle of jizz while her partner watches with sick fascination. Like some tragic betrayal of her trust where she flat out gets taken advantage of.
It's not gonna get that dark and gross, this feels like it has more heart over Boys.

goodshrnker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by goodshrnker » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:38 am

eddiegiantman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:26 pm
Raso719 wrote:

They had Termite! It's never enough for them.
No it's not. The GTS community gets so much more content than us but they always have to take any SW content we get. Like Wasp becoming Giant Girl, Stature and Ms Marvel growing more than shrinking, and so many more. They are a very greedy and selfish bunch.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:44 pm

eddiegiantman wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:46 am
Raso719 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 am

It's not gonna get that dark and gross, this feels like it has more heart over Boys.
I haven't watched beyond the shrinking clips shares specifically because I can't stand the overly dark and cynical setting. Like there are fascists out there who don't know the definition of stoicism or parody who worship Homelander and legit think the show is an endorsement of machismo and cruelty. And while I'm fairly certain the comics are pretty explicit that he's the bad guy and his actions are wrong it seems like the show writers and Amazon have been more hands off with trying to convince people that being an all-powerful, evil super-cunt is bad actually. Probably cuz they don't don't want to ostracize the fascists fan base.

Nropyub
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Nropyub » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:37 pm

Raso719 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:44 pm
And while I'm fairly certain the comics are pretty explicit that he's the bad guy and his actions are wrong it seems like the show writers and Amazon have been more hands off with trying to convince people that being an all-powerful, evil super-cunt is bad actually.
Nah the show is explicitly clear that Homelander is evil. They’re clear that he’s an insecure moron who has more power and cruelty than sense and is run by insecurities. They’re very clear that not everyone opposing him is worth respecting either, as Butcher is seen as a conflicted Ahab chasing his white whale, contrasted with Starlight and Huey. The show is very critical of Homelander and his enablers. It’s not a mark of pandering that fascists enjoy Homelander; they just don’t see the problem at face value and they don’t see the problem in real life. The things they criticize Homelander for on the show are seen as features to people like that.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:50 pm

Nropyub wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:37 pm
Raso719 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:44 pm
And while I'm fairly certain the comics are pretty explicit that he's the bad guy and his actions are wrong it seems like the show writers and Amazon have been more hands off with trying to convince people that being an all-powerful, evil super-cunt is bad actually.
Nah the show is explicitly clear that Homelander is evil. They’re clear that he’s an insecure moron who has more power and cruelty than sense and is run by insecurities. They’re very clear that not everyone opposing him is worth respecting either, as Butcher is seen as a conflicted Ahab chasing his white whale, contrasted with Starlight and Huey. The show is very critical of Homelander and his enablers. It’s not a mark of pandering that fascists enjoy Homelander; they just don’t see the problem at face value and they don’t see the problem in real life. The things they criticize Homelander for on the show are seen as features to people like that.
If it really is that explicit it's really sad so many people take him at face value as a hero. Must be the same goons who think Warhammer 40k is an endorsement of... well the whole fucking Imperium of Man.

Still, real life is fucked up enough. I'll stick to Great British Bake Off and slice of life anime.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 am

So the good news is we get more tiny Emma in the first 5 minutes...aftermath of Ep 3

Now...the biggie.
SpoilerShow
Turns out she can also grow when she eats a lot...yep GTS fans are gonna go nuts. She's also almost nude too.
Hopefully Mercuius will get us the tiny stuff again.

Raso719
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Raso719 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:48 am

*sigh*

Of course.

foreverlurk
Shrink Grand Master
Shrink Grand Master

Post by foreverlurk » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:16 am

Seriously!? Come on... :roll:

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:44 am

Honestly, the only surprising parts are: it happened sooner than expected and she seemingly knew she could do it at all.

Those 5 minutes when she's still small we're beautifully shot - she's a bit bigger and the wider shots really give good sense of scale.

eddiegiantman
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by eddiegiantman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:47 am

rscholar wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:44 am
Honestly, the only surprising parts are: it happened sooner than expected and she seemingly knew she could do it at all.

Those 5 minutes when she's still small we're beautifully shot - she's a bit bigger and the wider shots really give good sense of scale.
That's the interesting part, they burned that off quicker than we thought so I guess we will likely get both sides from here to the finale. So now that whole thing with her mother adds in another layer to what is going on with her issues.

Guessing she's Boys version of Ant-Man after all.

Jeebus
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Jeebus » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 am

SW gets nothing for itself