SW In Manga

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

SW In Manga

Post by intershrinker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I decided to make this thread for various instances of SW that come up in manga. Sometimes there are manga where SW becomes the main focus, often times it is a one-off occurrence.

A lot of these Manga I don't see mentioned here at all.

I decided to make this thread to share some that I think people here would enjoy. There are all sorts of genres from darker adventure stories to lighter comedy.

I will start with some of the better examples I have found. A lot of these will probably be familiar to people who are around here for a while. I will probably be missing some as well so please feel free to add anything I miss:

Wonderland
18748.jpg
18748.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 47186 times
A horror/mystery/action adventure series where everyone in a Japanese city was shrunk by the powers of a girl named Alice. The story follows a girl Yukko trying to survive in the world at her new size, with her friendly and normal sized dog Poco. The city has gone into chaos as everyone is shrunk without warning, and it is a very dangerous place between the people, the animals, and the government conspiracy.

This has elements of horror and pretty intense violence at times. The mystery seems pretty cool, even outside of the SW elements. There is very little interaction with giant people, at least in the parts that have been translated so far. A lot of really great interaction with giant environments, objects, and animals though.

The manga has ended in Japan, but the translations are behind. There is going to be an official English release next month, so hopefully, there will be the final parts in English soon.
r_x5.jpg
r_x5.jpg (305.52 KiB) Viewed 47186 times
Haiko Dolls
15870.jpg
15870.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 47186 times
A comedy series where a girl, Chisato, investigates an abandoned school building and finds a strange and lonely girl, Himeri, who lives with her "friends", a collection of moving toys and dolls. She was so happy Chisato, a real live schoolgirl came to visit, she asked her to become her "friend" and play for a while. Chisato agrees feeling bad for her, and not knowing that becoming a friend would mean shrinking down and becoming a doll herself.

This is actually one of my favorite SW manga. It has one of my favorite premises and is generally fun. Unfortunately, it seems to have ended early in Japan, and I believe only half it is translated to English.
r_x1.jpg
r_x1.jpg (620.24 KiB) Viewed 47186 times

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Re: SW In Manga

Post by intershrinker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 pm

This is the last one for right now, need to split this because the post didn't like the attachments.

I have a few more I would like to post.

Yankee Figure
r_5236.png
r_5236.png (630.9 KiB) Viewed 47180 times
A comedy manga where a weak and nerdy boy who is obsessed with anime figurines suddenly finds the cool and strong girl shrunken to the size of one of his figures.

An older manga that I remember reading some of when I started being interested. There isn't much translated as far as I can tell, so I don't know what really happens.
r_s17.jpg
r_s17.jpg (162.39 KiB) Viewed 47180 times
Hakumei to Mikochi: Tiny Little Life in the Woods
r_1.jpg
r_1.jpg (112.03 KiB) Viewed 47180 times
A slice of life/comedy series about two tiny fairy-like girls, Hakumei and Mikochi living in the woods. They live their lives and make friends with animals and other people of their kind.

This is a very cute series something like Redwall if you read that. The art is extremely good. Probably not a lot for SW fans, honestly though. They mostly interact with normal sized plants and animals (who are generally friendly and can talk). I don't think there has been or ever will be a normal size person in the series. There is often some SW stuff if you are interested in SW's interacting with a larger environment. I am mostly recommending this because it is a very good, and pretty manga on its own.

There is an official release in English, and got an Anime earlier in the year that was pretty good as well.
r_19.jpg
r_19.jpg (165.84 KiB) Viewed 47180 times

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:46 pm

One Piece is a manga where the limits of humanity seems.... fluid. Along with fishmen and merpeople, there are also giants (with are usually more monstrous, really), along with people who are just.... giant but aren't as big as actual giants and don't seem to be called anything in particular, or even noticed as anything strange. This is one of them. Sadly, most giants/giant people interact with men, so there's not many good pictures, but this one is great, honestly.
Power is choice.

Kalzen
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kalzen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 am

In the manga, "My Hero Academia" they're currently doing a class competition and one of the students from the B Class has the superpower quirk "size." She hasn't shown off her powers yet, but she should be in the next round of exhibitions within the next few weeks. According to what some have said, her "size" ability allows her to become at least 1 meter tall and probably bigger than she already is. She can apparently become any size she wishes, which contrasts with the fan-favorite giant super, Mount Lady who can only grow to a specific height and back. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

One Piece also has "fairies" that the Straw Hats meet during the Dressrosa arc. They aren't totally human, but there is a lot of interaction with their princess during the arc. They later become part of the Straw Hats' fleet, and will probably make an appearance again in the future (perhaps the princess too). The anime of One Piece teased the idea with the filler arc that tied into One Piece Film Gold with a Giant (this time a gal) with the "Mini-Mini Fruit" which allowed her to shrink down from her giant size to about 7 inches, and then even smaller from there to about 10 cm.

Last I can think of at the moment is the recently ended manga, Fairy Tail. One of the last villains has the ability to grow and shrink anything she wants. Sadly there's only a brief scene in the manga where she shrinks one of the heroines, but perhaps it will be extended a bit in the upcoming anime adaptation of that arc? There's also a sequel series to Fairy Tail going on as well, so she may have a chance to reappear.

I'll have to look up Haiko Dolls, that one does seem really cute.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 am

I know about that one bit from The Seven Deadly Sins, but I think that scene is a little obvious... :)

Kalzen
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kalzen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 am

chocolatejr9 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 am
I know about that one bit from The Seven Deadly Sins, but I think that scene is a little obvious... :)
Which one? There's actually two now with some of the more recent chapters. The Giant gal Diane gets shrunk to doll size by an antagonist. It lasts for about 3-4 chapters from what I recall.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Kalzen wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 am
chocolatejr9 wrote:
Which one? There's actually two now with some of the more recent chapters. The Giant gal Diane gets shrunk to doll size by an antagonist. It lasts for about 3-4 chapters from what I recall.
I was thinking of the first one. I don't actually keep up with the series, so I didn't know there was a second one. Sorry about that.

Kalzen
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kalzen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:46 am

chocolatejr9 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:37 pm
Kalzen wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 am
chocolatejr9 wrote:
I was thinking of the first one. I don't actually keep up with the series, so I didn't know there was a second one. Sorry about that.
No worries. Just thought I'd share since there's now another, heh. They're facing off the same guy who performed the shrinking magic soon, so maybe we'll get to see more, ;)

Mac
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:40 pm

cool!
Yep that's me!
Doin' pushups!
Just gettin' ready for all ya little hotties! :twisted: ;)

swhunter123
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by swhunter123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:43 am

Found this comedy/ecchi manga today 🙂

http://m.fanfox.net/manga/i_tried_askin ... 017/1.html
Attachments
l004.jpg
l004.jpg (161.32 KiB) Viewed 46413 times
l003-1.jpg
l003-1.jpg (197.44 KiB) Viewed 46413 times

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:35 pm

For an update, the official release for Wonderland Volume 1 was this week. If you are interested in owning a physical copy.
Based on what is in it and how many chapters I know are in the manga I think it will be around 3-4 volumes in total.

I have a few more manga that I have been meaning to post as well, just need time to find them and write them up.

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:51 pm

I have not been active on here in a while, I apologize!

Gendai Majo no Shuushoku Jijou
19423.jpg
19423.jpg (187.18 KiB) Viewed 45180 times
Is a manga about a witch trying to survive in a modern world where witches are distrusted and not as needed. To do so she tries to solve peoples problems using her magic, sometimes to mixed results. It is usually a light more Slice of Life series, something along the lines of Flying Witch or something.
It is complete in Japanese, but the fan translation has only started again recently.

In the most recently translated chapter, a demon in the form of a dog promises to teach her more advanced magic but if she helps out the dogs owner find out what is bothering her. To find out what is bothering her, the dog recommends the witch transform into a Crow and teaches her a spell to do so. It turns out the spell wasn't a crow transformation, but a shrinking spell!
Attachments
H23.png
H23.png (2.44 MiB) Viewed 45180 times
H22.png
H22.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 45180 times
H16.png
H16.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 45180 times

Kalzen
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by Kalzen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:08 am

That's a neat find. I'd definitely want to see more of that chapter at least.

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:14 pm

The next chapter of Gendai Majo no Shuushoku Jijou has been translated. A few more good SW moments and the introduction to the demon dogs human form for the people who like giant girls. Unfortunately, the shrinking was undone this chapter, but who knows maybe it will show up again.
Attachments
R12.png
R12.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 44879 times
R11.png
R11.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 44879 times
R3.png
R3.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 44879 times
R9.png
R9.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 44879 times

raulSilver
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by raulSilver » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:32 am

I found this manga: さきゅばす☆の~と!
I have no idea what this means :), but you can read it in this link (if you know Japanese of course)

There's a little detail, you need a nico video account, but It's free
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.32.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.32.13 PM.png (21.39 KiB) Viewed 43223 times
ddart1i-3d9a9ec1-25d9-4178-ae81-8d369ea7d0da.png
ddart1i-3d9a9ec1-25d9-4178-ae81-8d369ea7d0da.png (285.96 KiB) Viewed 43223 times

raulSilver
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by raulSilver » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:35 am

According to google translate, the name of this manga is: `"Small Nozomi and Big Yume`

I don't know where you can read this, however I found the official blog:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.34.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.34.19 PM.png (28.25 KiB) Viewed 43223 times
ddcavjm-fc87899c-ba1f-4a95-a370-9f8654df90da.jpg
ddcavjm-fc87899c-ba1f-4a95-a370-9f8654df90da.jpg (190.89 KiB) Viewed 43223 times

raulSilver
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by raulSilver » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 am

Manga name: the seven deadly sins
Chapter 237
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.56.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.56.38 PM.png (261.81 KiB) Viewed 43217 times

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm

I found this, but it doesn't say much, just a summery that, yes, a 'palm sized' girl is living in an apartment.
https://mangadex.org/title/36599/chiisa ... ki-na-yume
Power is choice.

Sáphiro
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Sáphiro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Long ago I found this manga (yankee figure), unfortunately it is not translated but I leave you this link from the 1 volume:
https://mega.nz/#F!35I0HQII!PEhz6jz_NQDkLG2OxPxH6g

P.S; all rights belong to their respective author ..

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I found this manga: さきゅばす☆の~と!
I have no idea what this means :), but you can read it in this link (if you know Japanese of course)

There's a little detail, you need a nico video account, but It's free
The manga is called Succubus * noto.

At Makai (Demon) High School, the challenge of summer vacation is to be able to tempt a human boy. A succubus named Lilith starts a survey using a dream notebook to find a candidate boy to seduce. By writing descriptions of dreams in the book, she should be able to understand the true character of the boys. But the notebook that was brought into the human world was actually a "world-altering notebook" that recreates the world as it was written! Apparently something in a dream has now caused Lilith to shrink in the human reality.

Here is a Youtube link to an animated ad for the manga, which came out in April 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-d7fDZGQaA
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:12 pm

https://read.mangabat.com/read-ph47504-chap-1
Not really SW, but sort of: boy is sent to another world, given super powers of capturing ANYTHING... promptly captures the goddess who sent him to another world.

He has this sort of super pokeball thing that holds a world in it he can look in, including its inhabitants. The first couple chapters especially have her mope in there while he's figuring out what's going on, and she's lazy so she likes to hang out in there so she doesn't have to walk around, which is nice. The way this kind of story goes, the main collects a harem as he keeps going, and he's already up one: a maid who he also caught in the ball, albeit on purpose and for better reasons.

Plot's not worth writing home about but go ahead and give it a shot, it's pretty amusing and it gives some good looking shots.
Power is choice.

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:56 pm

https://e-hentai.org/g/1788696/340ad636a5/
This is an SW manga that's been out for a LONG time, but apparently it's translated now! Boy shrinks childhood friend, boy has fun, the usual. The end is less than exciting, but what can you do?
Power is choice.

jeffrey-dallas
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by jeffrey-dallas » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:08 am

Not really SW, but sort of: boy is sent to another world, given super powers of capturing ANYTHING... promptly captures the goddess who sent him to another world.

He has this sort of super pokeball thing that holds a world in it he can look in, including its inhabitants. The first couple chapters especially have her mope in there while he's figuring out what's going on, and she's lazy so she likes to hang out in there so she doesn't have to walk around, which is nice. The way this kind of story goes, the main collects a harem as he keeps going, and he's already up one: a maid who he also caught in the ball, albeit on purpose and for better reasons.
Kinda like Pokemon meets Konosuba.
"You're like, really tiny."
"Thanks. I had no idea."

foreverlurk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by foreverlurk » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:50 pm

i am insane wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:56 pm
This is an SW manga that's been out for a LONG time, but apparently it's translated now! Boy shrinks childhood friend, boy has fun, the usual. The end is less than exciting, but what can you do?
Well, it may be old but it was new to me. Thanks!

i am insane
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by i am insane » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:03 am

While I'm at it....
https://e-hentai.org/g/1720183/038e7e0284/
This is based off a game, but it has nothing to do with the setting, really, so don't worry about it.
Power is choice.