Who would you like to see as Ann Darrow in King Kong

A place to talk about shrunken women in any form
johno0023
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Who would you like to see as Ann Darrow in King Kong

Post by johno0023 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 pm

If a remake of King Kong was going to be coming out right now which actress would you like to see in the clutches of the giant ape? For me it's a today up between Margot Robbie and Teresa Palmer. Anyone have any other actresses in mind that they would like to see get offered up to the Mighty Kong?

kong1kong8

Re: Who would you like to see as Ann Darrow in King Kong

Post by kong1kong8 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Hmm, yeah Margot Robbie would be great. Maybe also Amber Heard, or Scarlett Johanssen. Though maybe she should be more mid-twenties.

If they do another PROPER King Kong remake (and not shy away from the Beauty and the Beast angle, like Skull Island did), they should really go back to the mechanical hand. The CGI paw picking up Naomi Watts just doesn't cut it as well as the real one grabbing Fay Wray or Jessica Lange. I like knowing a real actress is getting picked up by a real hand!

johno0023
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by johno0023 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 am

Yeah I always thought Scarlett Johansson would have been perfect in a King Kong movie. Another actress that I would like to see Kong get a hold of would be Chloe Moretz. I'd like to see her in a 1976 style Kong where she is pick up and carried off in the palm of Kong's hand. I agree that if they ever remake King Kong again they definitely need the beauty and the beast theme and the mechanical hand!

PickUpArtist

Post by PickUpArtist » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Though this isn’t King Kong related, I wish we’d had more handhelds or tentacle grabs throughout all these comic book movies. The one I would love to see is Wonder Woman. How many times has she been grabbed by some monster in the comics? Throw Gal Gadot into that situation!

Re: King Kong, was thinking of writing my own “graphic novel” remake...

johno0023
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by johno0023 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 pm

That would be awesome I'd love to see Wonder Woman get snatched up by a giant monster! I always liked the original Wonder Woman TV show as well. Just imagine seeing Lynda Carter in her little outfit with those tights come face to face with the 76 Kong! Kong would beat his chest, reach down pick her up and carry her off into the jungle.

Captainsinbad
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Captainsinbad » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Margot Robbie, no question.

johno0023
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by johno0023 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Another actress that I would like to see in a King Kong remake is Melissa Benoist from Supergirl. I'd love to watch her kick and scream in Kong's grasp!