Supers vs the evil Pocketeers

The board for RPGs with actual rule systems
chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Re: Supers vs the evil Pocketeers

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 am

"Well, that's what we're trying to do, we just don't know enough of the situation." Then the Sixth Sense had a nervous thought, and whispered, "Would you, perchance, know something about Oxnard?"

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Well, he shrank me for demonstration purposes. So wecan be sure that he isn't one of the good guys.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:27 am

The Sixth Sense blushed, realizing he forgot about that. "O-Okay, point taken. But he's the only other person I know of who has an idea about what's going on. I may have to play along for a bit." He then gently patted Carol on the head. "Don't worry. I'll keep you safe until this is settled."

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:33 am

You know, now that we know who he is, you could just bring me to a police station
and we can bring the full force of the law against him.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 am

"Well... no offense to the police, but he has some armor that looks like its bite is worst than its bark. I doubt they'll stand much of a chance." That being said, it would certainly help to spread the word of the situation, as it could lead to more people on the lookout for the Pocketeers. He just didn't want anybody getting hurt.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:54 am

They might bnot be able to take him on in a direct fight. But freezing his assets so he loses access to all his billions would hurt him a lot.
And he can't be combat ready all the time So eventually we would get him

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am

Out of nowhere. Oxnard walked back in. In hand was a tray with three glasses of Scotch and ice. "I hope we were enjoying our stay." He saud in a calm tone. It seemed like he knew nothing of what was said. He picked up a random glass and drank. He awaited for his house guest to take either glass.
:?: Mysterious Stranger :?:

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:46 am

The Sixth Sense put the shrinkee back in his pocket. "We can continue this later." he said as he put her up. He then turned to Oxnard, "Sorry about that. She's... a bit of a talker." He then took one of the drinks, though didn't drink it right away.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 am

He smiled as he drank. "I presume she's quite the little chatter box," he smirked and he kept drinking.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:53 pm

"A bit, yeah." The Sixth Sense decided to give the drink a shot, and... well, drank it.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:46 pm

"I presumed as much," he continued drinking, "I may need to keep tracking any radio calls for these Pocketeers. It's been quiet since the issue at the hangers. The odds say they're either on radio silence or using encrypted channels. Shouldn't be too hard for my database to hack into." He resumed drinking until his glass was empty.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:29 am

"Well, um, good luck with that." The Sixth Sense finished his drink and got up. "I'm honestly feeling a bit tired. You wouldn't happen to have a place where I can rest my head, would you?"

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:13 am

He smiled as ge rose up while picking up the third drink awhile switching it for with the empty one. "Right this way. He led the Sixth sense from the parlor to a flight of stairs. There were multiple portraits and paintings. The paintings were just oil paintings while the portraits were of Oxnard's parents and relatives. One they reached the top he lead them to the west wing and past several vacant rooms.

"You may pick a room; all are vacant guest rooms." He said with a smile.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 am

"Thanks." The Sixth Sense went into the nearest room and plopped onto the bed. He pulled Carol out of his pocket and set her on a desk nearby. "I don't want to sound rude, but I've had a surprisingly long day today. I honestly need to rest for a bit, and I suggest you try and do the same. We can continue our conversation tomorrow, alright?" He then closed his eyes in an attempt to sleep.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Well, since your eyes are closed you don't know if Carol actually listened to you or not.
But at least she is quiet.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Oxnard awaites downstairs in his grand study. He sat back in the leather chair and made note on the day; from the encounter of the Pocketeers, to infiltration, to sabotage, to meeting a new superpowered person, to the capture of a house pet. What a day it had been. He got up and secured his journal in a safe hidden withing the desk. He walked over to the vacant fish tank that had been now cleaned out, dried, and refurbished.

"Holo-display system activate."

A large multi-projector lowered over the top pf the tank.

"Run theme #1"

The projector began to glow and create a 3D image of an island. This included palm trees, tallgrass, cliff-side views, and sandy shores surrounded by beach water that actually moved.

"Run theme #2"

The island setting dissolved and reformed into a park setting complete with chopped grass, various trees and bushes, paved joging grounds with benches and lamposts, a fountain, and a lake in the middle.

"Run theme #3"

Like lasttime, all the images dissolved and reformed. All began to reshaped into a lilttle neighborhood col-de-sac. There were six small two story houses formed with fences, trees, lightposts, and grass. He found this cute and just a bit silly.

"Run theme #4"

All vanished and began taking form of a desert landscape with cacti, tumbleweeds, various rocks of any size and an asphalt road that went nowhere but a loop. There was also a gas station on that road and a blank sighln with a police cruiser behind it.

"Run theme #5"

All dissolved and became a forest complete with pine trees and various bushes, a larger lake with a mountain, an old dirt trail, and a ranger station outpost.

"End program."

The multi-projector shut off and it was back to an empty tank.

"I think it's time to play devils advocate." He began wo head upstairs. He crept his way up back to the guest halls and awaited behind the door. He checked his motion sensor the switched to the heart rate sensor.

Once he was sure the Sixth Sense was a sleep, he would creep in carefully.

chocolatejr9
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by chocolatejr9 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:06 am

The Sixth Sense had a hard time.sleeping. He had been through a lot that day, what with the Pocketeers and now having a shrunken woman in tow. Although he wasn't certain of Oxnard's motives and allignment, he felt he had to trust his benefactor for now. Though if anything were to happen, he may have to jump ship.

On that note, the Sixth Sense finally went to sleep.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:36 am

Oxnard stood close to the bed and starred down at him. He used the scanner in his eye to scan his body fron x-rays to thermal scans. He was sure there was more to his power but he couldn't exactly just ask him; well he could but even the Sixth Sense wasn't sure himself. Oxnard finisbed his scanning and turned see the tiny cop.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Well, it looks like Carol was busy. She certainly is not on the desk where the Sixth Sense had put her.

You can only guess that she is trying a futile escape attempt.
But even if an actual escape is improbable, and her size she could probably hide for quite some time.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 pm

He snickered. An old game of cat and mouse it would appear. Finding her would be hard considering the size of the estate but he knew these grounds better then anyone. He turned back but left the door slightly open just to taunt her.

"Game on little mouse." He said as he made his way down. An idea came to mind. It was late and he bet she hadn't had a bite all day. Rather then use a ludicrous gadget to catch his mousesized prize, Oxnard decided to use something else more effective to bring her to him. He walked past the door to his armory and into the kitchen instead. He opened the freezer and took out a small pheasant he'd been saving for a light dinner party and began prepping it up. He so grabbed carrots, Italian squash, two golden potatoes, and some spices. He chipped the carrots, squash, and potatoes and defrosted the pheasant. Oxnard then seasoned the bird and set the chipped vegetables on the side before coating the whole dish in a light wine sauce. He set it all in the preheated oven and let the aroma make itself known

One the bird was nice and crisp brown he took it out of thr oven and set in on a small tray. He carried the tray up the stair and set it out on the end of the stairs. Oxnard wondered if this would even work; god forbid if she was a vegan.

He waited but began to wonder if she had ready managed to get downstairs. No......yes? He had to find out. He crept into Six Sense's room and began looking around for her under the dresser and under the bed.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Carol carefully stayed out of sight,moving into a new hiding place under the dresser, just after Oxnard had checked there.
Afterall nobody thinks about searching the place they just have searched.

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Oxnard moved a bit closer inder the bed. He thought he saw her but it could've been something else moving.

It turned out to be a few spiders. He flung them away from him; what he didn't know was that he'd flung them near the dresser. He looked where he threw them and resumed serching for her. When he found nothing, Oxnard shimmied his way out from under the bed. He considered checking the closet but decided to leave the room. He left the door slightly open before walking a few steps down the stairs then laying down and bobbong his head up to see if this mouse sized cop would go for the door.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:45 am

And sure enough not too long later Carols head poked out from the door frame as she looked around to see if the coast would be clear

SWS33K3R776
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by SWS33K3R776 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am

Oxnard kept his head down but listened closely for the pitter patter of her tiny feet. He was sure she would try heading downstairs. He backed up slowly and carefully to make sure she didn't see him. He had to be quick but quiet less he wants to wake up his other house guest. He bavk up just a bit more and held his breath to keep from heavy breathing.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Even after half an hour Oxnard could not see any sign of Carol. Seemingly she decided for a different option to escape...if that was her plan at all.