I want to follow rules.....

A place to talk about stuff that is not specifically fitting into one of the other categories
sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

I want to follow rules.....

Post by sneaky21 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Like I said in my introduction I have been around for awhile as a lurker. I found vsw community and have enjoyed it. I understand this is replacing an old forum called sw realm. I am a fan of most all sw, except for micros sized women (the only thing you could really do is kill them) so by the same token I am not big on snuff. I enjoy humiliation, and sexual dominance and I'm not really restricted in that category (shrinking family members, etc).

According to the message on vsw page, this a non violent sw board and that is cool and all, however I see alot of tags on posts that would be considered "violent"...so I guess my question is, what is the law of the land here? I don't want to offend anyone with my posts, and if this isn't a place for me I understand.

respectfully
Sneaky21
"signing off, I'm alright in bed, but I'm better off with a pen"

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I want to follow rules.....

Post by Elana » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Well, I'm not big on law..
But as a rule of thumb..if you think something could be a bit to extreme for someones taste,use some warning tag, so nobody can claim he went into a thread without any warning.

I think the board is still in its identity finding stage, so we will have to see what amount of violence is actually too much for here
Protect freedom of Expression!
Stand against all censors and self proclaimed morale apostles

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 pm

thank you Elana for the reply.

I like to spin stories, I am not a gifted writer, but I feel I can spin stories that people can possibly enjoy. this board is alot more active the vsw one, and it appears this is the new place for sw fans

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Elana wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm
Well, I'm not big on law..
But as a rule of thumb..if you think something could be a bit to extreme for someones taste,use some warning tag, so nobody can claim he went into a thread without any warning.

I think the board is still in its identity finding stage, so we will have to see what amount of violence is actually too much for here
Extreme violence or gore etc isn't to my taste, but I recognize its importance to a lot of people in this fetish. On the old board (SW Realm) we had a subforum titled "The Dark Side", where contributions containing violence or similar extreme content could be posted. The idea being to have a place where folks who like that kind of stuff can find it, and those who don't like it can choose not to go there. Which in theory keeps the rest of the forum free of "extreme" content.

If my memory serves, the "Dark Side" on SW Realm didn't get used an awful lot, but it was provided for the purpose of catering to all tastes.

The tag idea is also a good one, and should work if applied appropriately by everyone. The only downside is relying on folks to remember to use them.

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Well nobody dies in my stories, the worst that will happen is she would be sold off to another master.....but no worries I only have one story at the moment that is released, and I know for a fact it would not be welcome here, I will kinda wait awhile to see what other people post before I release my content.

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Last edited by sally g on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 am

wounded soul? I am just trying to respectfully interact with people on this board. Your missing the entire reason why I even created the post.

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:13 am

What if you shrank an inch every time you broke a rule?
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am

is that some twisted Pinocchio analogy? haha

OhZone
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by OhZone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 am

Ha - maybe - or maybe a good slow shrinking scenario! OHYEAH!
In Love! ♡ ♡ ♡

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 am

Haha depends on how often you break a rule... I

sally g
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by sally g » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 am

sneaky21 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 am
wounded soul? I am just trying to respectfully interact with people on this board. Your missing the entire reason why I even created the post.
Well if I did miss your point I apologize.

I was just trying to encourage you not criticize.

I could have put it better though and didn't mean to offend., So my bad!

Viktory
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Viktory » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 am

Greetings!
Its great that you opened this forum Elana. Before SwRealm it was the Minimizer forum that I used to lurk on for years. I followed the rabbit hole down to this new forum by following Sally G's posts across the inter-web! *pats* Sally G - she is a true believer, the priestess :)

Now for the important stuff, I never noticed if the earlier forums had any rules mentioned there, but suddenly I am curious about the rules. Pacific1982 -the other towering figure on this forum across the various Avatars - Can you at least provide a simple primer on the Do's and more importantly the Do-Not s, when it comes to posting pictures and collages.

For example, while a lot of the shrinkees do not have a face visible, the ones that do, where do you get the stock images from? How about a few general words of wisdom about picture/collage posts?

Well that pertains to Visual arts I guess. As and when more answers are clarified, perhaps you should just start pasting them into a rudimentary "rules" sticky Topic that sort of evolves over time Elena?

Sorry for sounding pushy, but even before I registered as a user on this forum, I could browse all kinds of posts here and that means if any user makes a mistake (be it copyright, privacy or any other kind of common error) the forum could face complaints, which may tire you and ebb away at your very spirit :shock: That would be horrible!! :( Not to mention, probably end in the forum grinding to a stop :D So the rules.. please? for everyone's good?

Once again, Thank you for the wonderful effort, all of those who made this new forum happen - even the ones I did not mention or know about!
Sheer boredom made me do it really
I like it now
They are perfectly wonderful this way..

Viktory
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Viktory » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Elana
I really don't want to sound thankless, but if I could add on to my previous post.. I noticed that in the users viewing the forum, it included the googlebot at some time.

With that in mind, do you think its a better idea to make the core of the forum visible only after logging in with a registered user name?

Because in its current format, the google search spider will add all the internal forum posts to its searchable database and a lot of random people not searching for SW can and will accidentally land up on this forum. If they find something they did not know about and wish to develop an interest in SW, great!

But a lot of people will just start trolling the forum just for fun. It may create more headaches and quality may suffer. It is after all a niche genre and people looking for it, will find it. But perhaps its not a great idea to open this up to random users appearing here via some other topic's google search query.

Even if they do, and nothing much is visible, that much more protection from random trolls! If they read the description and want to explore something new, let them register a username. Most people trolls will not bother registering and move on.

I know its painful to setup a email verification for each new registration, but for now if you perhaps at least put all the content behind registered access only and keep the googlebot out?

Again, I am very sorry as both my posts sound pushy, but its for the greater sustainability and longevity of this forum.

May this venture reign for a long time to come!
I like it now

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 pm

For rules..try follow the law..that will help out most of the time ;)
You want more? okay
1) Don't talk about fight club
2) Don't break the law
3) Don't talk about fight club
4) Don't be an asshole

There, that should cover it :D

Now to the rest

I would never join a board where I can't read without being a member first. So why should I expect anyone else to do so?

In fact you should be able to post just fine without joining.
Being a member just gives you that little bit of extra comfort

And so far the spam protection stuff seems to work just fine

Viktory
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Viktory » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:03 pm

elana wrote: I would never join a board where I can't read without being a member first. So why should I expect anyone else to do so?
But maybe you could write such a super introduction that those who get really curious, would be ready to jump through hoops to get registered and find out what lies within? :)

Sigh. I tried. But the expression in your display picture doesn't seem to be changing :P

Anyway. Hello!
I like it now

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 am

It doesn't matter if I know what lies behind.
I might have registered on SW Realm..but the hide everything politic made sure that I visited it maybe 5 times in its existence.
Even when Mins board appeared..I had made probably 50 posts before I decided to register on that board.

And by the low count of people here I think that the community had lost a lot of size because it was so long behind registration walls.

Even only ever intended to be temporary boards like the swuh dominion managed to get over 300 members so there is a lot of reclaiming to do.

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 am

Elana wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 pm
For rules..try follow the law..that will help out most of the time ;)
You want more? okay
1) Don't talk about fight club
2) Don't break the law
3) Don't talk about fight club
4) Don't be an asshole

There, that should cover it :D

Now to the rest

I would never join a board where I can't read without being a member first. So why should I expect anyone else to do so?

In fact you should be able to post just fine without joining.
Being a member just gives you that little bit of extra comfort

And so far the spam protection stuff seems to work just fine
Just my thoughts, I am no computer guru, and by no means am complaining agaisnt the board, however It is kind of alarming that guests can post in my humble opinion. I was a member of discord chat, but recently hackers got in and began trolling the chatroom. From what I understand the same thing happened in the vsw board too at one point in time. There is no personal information for people to get ahold of, so I guess a breach wouldn't be too detrimental, But I can see the other side of the spectrum too. Nobody wants to inhibit someone from exploring new urges in their newfound interest in sw... So I am indifferent.....

On another note, has there been any consideration on a potential story section that could be termed non consensual stories?
respectfully
sneaky21

SailorDolly
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by SailorDolly » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:14 am

I don't know if we need a separate section for that, as long as the people posting the stories label them as non-consent.

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm

sneaky21 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 am

Just my thoughts, I am no computer guru, and by no means am complaining agaisnt the board, however It is kind of alarming that guests can post in my humble opinion. I was a member of discord chat, but recently hackers got in and began trolling the chatroom. From what I understand the same thing happened in the vsw board too at one point in time...
Actually the VSW suffered from spammers registering and then post. that is why that board now has manual process to give posting rights.

So registering is completely useless in keeping spammers out. So now we try other ways to block them.
And so far the non intrusional measures seem to be effective

sneaky21
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by sneaky21 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:51 am

Actually the VSW suffered from spammers registering and then post. that is why that board now has manual process to give posting rights.

So registering is completely useless in keeping spammers out. So now we try other ways to block them.
And so far the non intrusional measures seem to be effective
I feel like there is a major history lesson needed for me haha. Sw desires progressed for me in earnest probably 3 or 4 years ago when I discovered the dark side of the Internet haha
Regardless of my nagging /persistent questions and requests, I thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond to everyone, and paricularly me.
You seem to have alot of notoriety on various platforms, while I still don't understand everything, just wanted to let you know that your time and efforts doesn't go unappreciated.. That goes for both boards :)

Rubenblili

I want to follow rules

Post by Rubenblili » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 am

hey. One of my friends came across some half mixed posting of his bands songs from like 4 years ago and it was on an account I had created, but I don't remember anything about it. It would be cool if I could take those songs down some how, but I don't remember the user name or the password. Anyway I can destroy this old account?

Elana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Elana » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:12 pm

If you don't even have a username, that sounds extremely difficult :P
Especially considering that you could read it if you found a post containing things that should be deleted.
Of course finding the post could be hard if it was from 4 years ago, as this board is less than 2 years old