The Potential SW Lookout Thread

Discuss all the SW in the media and share links to videos etc.
intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

The Potential SW Lookout Thread

Post by intershrinker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 am

This thread is, like on the previous forums, for posting information about upcoming shows, movies, books, that are coming soon that have a good potential for SW content. Hopefully this is the right board for it!

I will start with a few things I saw recently:
  1. The New Superman show on Syfy about Krypton has Braniac making an appearance, including the Skull Ship and Shrunken Cities. I am not getting my hopes up for anything great, but you never know.
  2. Mothra is appearing the upcoming American Godzilla movies. It is yet to be seen if the Mothra fairies will make an appearance, but holding out hope for something.
Feel free to post here if anything upcoming looks interesting.

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Re: The Potential SW Lookout Thread

Post by Sdk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 am

Charmed is being rebooted. The original series had a shrinking woman episode which was ok. Maybe the new series improves on it.

vash
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by vash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 am

yo soy franky is getting a american remake named I am frankie. Yo soy franky has an pretty decent SW episode as well.

docop
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by docop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 am

Sdk wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 am
Charmed is being rebooted. The original series had a shrinking woman episode which was ok. Maybe the new series improves on it.
Good news! Charmed actually had a few episodes with SW in them, so hopefully that increases the changes. :D

In the same vein, Sabrina the Teenage Witch is being rebooted, another 90s show which featured a few shrinking episodes. Could be an interesting few years!

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:19 am

docop wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 am
Sdk wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 am
Good news! Charmed actually had a few episodes with SW in them, so hopefully that increases the changes. :D

In the same vein, Sabrina the Teenage Witch is being rebooted, another 90s show which featured a few shrinking episodes. Could be an interesting few years!
I never watched Charmed, except the one SW episode with Robert Englund. What other SW shows did they do?

Fracie
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Fracie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:39 am

vash wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 am
yo soy franky is getting a american remake named I am frankie. Yo soy franky has an pretty decent SW episode as well.
Do you know what episode/s they was?

goodshrnker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by goodshrnker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:47 am

vash wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 am
Season 1 has already aired a few months ago, there was no SW or even any hint of it, and it's really nothing like Yo soy so far. I believe season 2 is currently filming right now.
docop wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 am
I wouldn't get your hopes up for that either. The new Sabrina is going to be much darker and the witchcraft will be more occult-ish and have gory stuff like human sacrifices and devil worship. I've seen the comic.

docop
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by docop » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:35 am

Sdk wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:19 am
I never watched Charmed, except the one SW episode with Robert Englund. What other SW shows did they do?
The main one was "Size Matters" which you mentioned. There was also some nice SW content in "Repo Manner", and "Scry Hard", plus bits and pieces throughout the series (eg. episodes with fairies, an episode where one of the girls is turned into a genie and has some SWish moments inside her genie lamp).
goodshrnker wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:47 am
I wouldn't get your hopes up for that either. The new Sabrina is going to be much darker and the witchcraft will be more occult-ish and have gory stuff like human sacrifices and devil worship. I've seen the comic.
Naw, that's a shame. Still, will be worth keeping an eye on juuuust in case!

vash
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by vash » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:42 am

Any news from this project?
http://www.michaelcrichton.com/micro/

im soo hoping this one is not going to get canceled.

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 am

In Marvel news Casey Lang as been cast in Avengers 4, she is Ant-mans daughter and most commonly known as Stature. She is normally known for growing, but nothing says she can't also shrink.

Also Marvel has said they are interested in a Kamela Kahn Ms Marvel movie as a follow up to the upcoming Captain Marvel movie. Her powers include all sorts of size and shape changing, including often shrinking and growing!

lbh
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by lbh » Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 am

Live action Doom Patrol is in the works, the comic featured Elasta Girl, who may also be sen in the up coming Titans series http://www.darkhorizons.com/live-action ... s-planned/

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:07 am

Life Size 2 has started filming and is slated for release this Christmas.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ty ... ea75466313

The sequel has Tyra Banks reprising her role as Eve, a popular fashion doll who comes to life and helps young women, this time being the dysfunctional female CEO of the toy company that created her.

Aside from the inexplicable complaining that Lindsay Lohan has not (yet) been announced as being involved, the fact that we're looking at a production turnaround of about 5 months makes me think there might not be a lot of post production, meaning we might not get many or any actual sw scenes, though maybe I'm mistaken on how long stuff like that can take.

docop
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by docop » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am

The BBC is currently running a two-part documentary series called "Size Matters", hosted by Hannah Fry. The show centers around what would happen if we change the size of things in the world around us, with a lot of focus being put on the humans. The first episode was about making things bigger, and the upcoming episode is about making things smaller.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bbyw ... odes/guide

I'm mentioning it here because they did a couple a couple of cute shots of Hannah as a giant in the last episode (see the attached pic), so there's a chance they'll do a few shots of her tiny in the next episode. It should be a cool show for all of us anyway, but maybe someone in the UK could try to catch it and let us know if there is any good SW content?
Attachments
SM3.jpg
SM3.jpg (264.05 KiB) Viewed 14646 times

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 am

A trailer has been released for the next anime film from Studio Pontac (made up of former Studio Ghibli animators, who are probably most know here for the The Secret World of Arrietty). It is an anthology of anime shorts. One of which, Kanini & Kanino, is the story of two tiny anthropomorphic crab siblings.

Although not at all interesting for SW content, it likely will be worth watching anyway if you are interested in animated movies.

GBettega
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by GBettega » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:01 pm

docop wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am
The BBC is currently running a two-part documentary series called "Size Matters", hosted by Hannah Fry. The show centers around what would happen if we change the size of things in the world around us, with a lot of focus being put on the humans. The first episode was about making things bigger, and the upcoming episode is about making things smaller.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bbyw ... odes/guide

I'm mentioning it here because they did a couple a couple of cute shots of Hannah as a giant in the last episode (see the attached pic), so there's a chance they'll do a few shots of her tiny in the next episode. It should be a cool show for all of us anyway, but maybe someone in the UK could try to catch it and let us know if there is any good SW content?
Someone can watch the second episode? I tried a lot with too many proxy servers, but I couldn't.

Had some SW in this episode?

docop
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by docop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Whoops, I should have updated after seeing the episode.

There was one quick SW shot, posted below, but that's about it. Otherwise there were a few giantessish shots of the presenter, similar to that in the previous week's episode.

erunvor
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by erunvor » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 am

docop wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Whoops, I should have updated after seeing the episode.

There was one quick SW shot, posted below, but that's about it. Otherwise there were a few giantessish shots of the presenter, similar to that in the previous week's episode.

Alas, the video seems to be gone

docop
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by docop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:13 am

It still works fine on my end. Could just be a permissions issue on my end though, can anyone else see it?

erunvor
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by erunvor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 am

I found a way to view the videos you've posted, but it involves downloading it to my google drive using a link, converting said google drive video, and downloading that. So if you've got a google drive link, I'd appreciate it !

TheBigG
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by TheBigG » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:14 am

Ep 1 of series 7 of voltron “A little adventure” has half the team shrunk

https://www.watchcartoononline.com/volt ... -adventure
Attachments
FE5C247B-2449-40F6-B69A-30830794127D.jpeg
FE5C247B-2449-40F6-B69A-30830794127D.jpeg (34.28 KiB) Viewed 13508 times

intershrinker
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by intershrinker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 am

A few good small pieces of news for upcoming anime that I have come across recently:

This anime is starting in October called The Lethargic Boy and the Girl in the Bottle. It will probably have a few decent SW moments:

On other anime news there is a new series coming sometime in 2019 called Over Drive Girl 1/6. It looks to be pretty much the same thing as Bosou Shinki or Frame Arm Girls where figurines come to life, so it will probably be really appreciated here!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... me/.136640

Additionally Frame Arm Girls is getting a movie:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.134825

rscholar
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by rscholar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 am

The Barbie Movie is getting another overhaul: now Margot Robbie is potentially slated to star, though the whole thing seems to be in limbo at the moment.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/marg ... e-comments

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 pm

I think the new version of Charmed starts soon. Fingers crossed.

gundam
Shrink Aprentice
Shrink Aprentice

Post by gundam » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Sdk wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 pm
It's already started. On a related note, a new anime, Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight has begun and it features a cute fairy queen.
Attachments
Ulysses-Jeanne-dArc-to-Renkin-no-Kishi-3.png
Ulysses-Jeanne-dArc-to-Renkin-no-Kishi-3.png (132.6 KiB) Viewed 12413 times

Sdk
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Sdk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

gundam wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Sdk wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 pm
It's already started. On a related note, a new anime, Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight has begun and it features a cute fairy queen.
Good to know. I know the original Charmed did an OK SW episode.