New Book Out Now

The board to share all your fiction
Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

New Book Out Now

Post by Tina Tempest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:51 pm

"Tiny Mistakes" has just gone live. This is a bit shorter than some of my works but all the stories pack a wallop. I lead off with a babysitter story, something you folks have long clamored for. Just as in real life where tiny errors cause huge problems, all the women in these stories suffered from a tiny mistake. I hope that you enjoy this new collection. PLEASE remember that reviews fuel future sales, so if you would be so kind. Even if you do not post a review let me know what you think of this effort.

Sincerely, Tina Tempest
Attachments
Tiny Mistakes (1).jpg
Tiny Mistakes (1).jpg (152.82 KiB) Viewed 4701 times

Firewall
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Re: New Book Out Now

Post by Firewall » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

I think Enemy Mine and how it ends is personally my favorite out of the four. Definitely enjoyed all four stories though.

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks, Firewall

Glad that you liked all four stories. I wanted something a little different with "Enemy Mine" hubris is the enemy of everyone and we all bite off more than we can chew from time to time. It's a stolen wife tale with a difference. I am so glad you liked it.

Sincerely, Tina Tempest

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:53 am

I throughly enjoyed “Amber.” The unaware shrunken babysitter trope is one of my favorite in SW - the woman literally becoming a toy. I can’t wait to see who Mark shrinks next, perhaps Doctor Williams will let him keep his prize:)

I could imagine the good doctor finding Amber’s shrunken clothes and enjoying playing with them.

Aussie_Lurker
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Aussie_Lurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am

Amber is definitely my.favourite story, for obvious reasons. My only "complaint" is that I wish it could have gone on a bit longer before she was restored to normal size :). Other than that it was wonderful!!!

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Bobascher wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:53 am
I throughly enjoyed “Amber.” The unaware shrunken babysitter trope is one of my favorite in SW - the woman literally becoming a toy. I can’t wait to see who Mark shrinks next, perhaps Doctor Williams will let him keep his prize:)

I could imagine the good doctor finding Amber’s shrunken clothes and enjoying playing with them.
I am so glad you enjoyed "Amber," I think I'll try another babysitter story in the future. If you can, Amazon reviews really help sales.

-- Sincerely, Tina Tempest

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Aussie_Lurker wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am
Amber is definitely my.favourite story, for obvious reasons. My only "complaint" is that I wish it could have gone on a bit longer before she was restored to normal size :). Other than that it was wonderful!!!
I Am so glad you enjoyed "Amber," I'm very happy with how my first babysitter story came out and very gratified by the response. Perhaps I will shrink Amber again in the future.

__ Sincerely, Tina Tempest

Bobascher
Shrink Master
Shrink Master

Post by Bobascher » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Review submitted

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:07 am

Bobascher wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm
Review submitted
Thank you in advance, Bobasher, I think the world of my fans like you. I'm already at work on my next collection.
Sincerely,
Tina Tempest

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:11 am

I want to see you do one about black women and girls g we getting shrunk

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:12 am

Koolman33 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:11 am
I want to see you do one about black women and girls g we getting shrunk

I'd like to try it, but I am somewhat leery. In my single days, I dated both black men and Asian men. I got to know Asian culture quite well and had marvelous experiences dating black men, though those were fewer in number. I think I have a handle on Asian characters but I'm not sure I can put my wite feet in a black woman's tiny shoes. I suppose I should just plunge in and do it BUT if I get it wrong, I might be accused of things or inadvertently make a major error. I do not want to alienate my audience. Also, it would be hard to shrink black women without raising the oppression angle. I REALLY don't want to get into politics with my writing. But what kind of writer would I be without rising to overcome changes? I'll try to do it but I won't publish a story until I get it right. I want to create an authentic black character, not a white woman with a deep tan. I have had a few black characters in my stories and I will try to have more.

Hope I didn't step on any toes.

Tina Tempest

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 am

Ok I don't know if you ever read Wattpad But I did a story on there called The Black Lesbian Shrinker under the name SuperKool33.

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:10 am

Hi Tina can you tell me how I can do my own Shrinking Woman book on Amazon

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Koolman33 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:10 am
Hi Tina can you tell me how I can do my own Shrinking Woman book on Amazon
Amazon KDP makes it easy to upload and create on Amazon. Go to the KDP page, you can use their software to upload your text. It supports most formats. You can also use it to make a cover. In my case, I use a program called Vellum for the Mac to create my books. Vellum gives you more versatility as it can support books at Smahwords, Kobo, Wordpress, Barnes & Noble, etc. I only post to Amazon however because it pays me for pages read as well as books purchased and is exclusive in that feature. You can make a paperback at the same time. ALL of my recent books were composed on a Mac. I don't think I could ever go back to a PC. My older books on Amazon were created on PCs. Now I really know what I'm doing. I'd like to update all my books, but time and opportunity are fleeting.

Hope this helps, Koolman Sincerely, Tina Tempest.

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Thank you Tina that helped a lot can you please read the story I posted on here and tell me what you think of it.

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:53 pm

The name of the story it's called the lesbian babysitter shrinker I am not done with it yet but can you just let me know what you think so far I don't know what Vellum is or where to find it but I do have Wattpad Covers and Conve

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 am

I read it,
There is a phrase for writers, "Show don't tell." You have a kernel of a good story in there but I think you should start in the middle and work backward. A good movie might start with the murder and then tell the events leading up to it. For example in the story "Vacation" in my last collection. As I originally conceived it, it was a long story starting with the young couple's accident. It might have been OK that way, but once I started writing it I realized that the reader could fill in the details of the accident themselves and that I should begin in the heart of the action with our shrunken heroine in mid-pickle. The story turned out about a third of the size I originally envisioned and a thousand times better. You could write this one in the flashback, how our little heroine came to adore being tiny. Conversely you could start with her actual shrinking and fill in the details around it. There is no one right way to tell the story only a right way for you. How much does lesbianism feature in the story? If it is the key element, play that up. If the fact that she is black and lesbian explains her motivations for wanting a tiny woman of her own, play those up. Experiment with viewpoints. Would it be most authentic in first person, third person, or omniscient narrator? As it is now, it frankly isn't that interesting, but as I said, the idea is good.
If I were writing it, I might start with our lesbian narrating, "Nobody pushes me around! I'm not some sister you can walk all over. The family that hired me knows this all too well..."
OR
From our tiny heroine, "I love my black lesbian "momma" but it took me a while to recognize that fact. Once..."

Do you see what I mean?

Best of luck, Tina

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:09 am

Thank you Tina I would do that

TheBigG
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by TheBigG » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Love your books I buy them all when I got the cash currently reading your latest two

Tina Tempest
Shrink Adept
Shrink Adept

Post by Tina Tempest » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:18 pm

TheBigG wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:48 pm
Love your books I buy them all when I got the cash currently reading your latest two
I am so happy to hear that! If you can, I always appreciate reviews as they fuel further sales. Thanks for making my day!
Sincerely, Tina Tempest

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Hi Tina I need your help

Post by Koolman33 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:55 am

Hi Tina I need your help I want to write a good book and I want it to be good can you be my mentor and help me like I told you last time I have a book on Wattpad call the black lesbian shrinker I go under the name superKool33 I would love you to read it and give me some pointer what you think of it thank you.

Koolman33
Shrink Apprentice
Shrink Apprentice

Post by Koolman33 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 am

1530255141531.jpg
1530255141531.jpg (612.6 KiB) Viewed 3979 times